• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has released their Results for Q2 of FY2018 and has updated its Platinum page with titles that broke 1M copies

Presentation Material

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2017/2nd/explanation_2017_2nd_01.pdf

Press Release

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e171106b.html

======

First Half of FY 2018 Results

According to the Presentation , Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite had shipped 900K in this first Half of the Fiscal Year Year While RE7 had shipped 600K in this First Half

vpxvaqQl.png

Regarding RE7 then I guess based on the word Cumulative then those 600K might include the Pre-order Shipments for the Gold Edition , This is just a theory based on the wording

=====

Their Comments on some of their Recently Released Titles Performance :

- Firstly From their Press Release

In the six months ended September 30, 2017, our core Digital Contents business drove revenue, with the global release of our major title Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, as well as a stalwart performance by Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) Nintendo Switch Ver. for the Nintendo Switch; additionally, Resident Evil 7 biohazard, released in our previous fiscal year, surpassed 4 million cumulative units shipped.

In this business, Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) Nintendo Switch Ver. (for Nintendo Switch) performed strongly, while Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC), which targets the European and US markets, was released in September.

In addition to Ultra Street Fighter II The Final Challengers (for Nintendo Switch) turning out to be a smash hit, catalog unit sales of such titles as Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) (for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems), which was released in the previous fiscal year, also contributed to the increase in revenues to a certain extent.

Furthermore, in online games, Monster Hunter Frontier Z, a perennial favorite which underwent a major update commemorating its 10th anniversary, performed steadily; while in mobile contents, amid the reorganization of operations, which include the Company carrying out alliance strategies to bring about a breakthrough in the business, Monster Hunter Explore remained popular, while licensing revenue from utilizing our IP also contributed to the increase in profits.

They didn't comment about their input Performance in the presentation material outside the Previous image and This image for PC Online and Mobile

KjYrmMTl.png

To summarize their wording on their games mentioned in the Press release

- Monster Hunter XX Switch = stalwart performance + performed strongly
- Resident Evil 7 biohazard = surpassed 4 million cumulative units shipped. ( Might imply that Gold Edition Pre-order shipments is in )
- Ultra Street Fighter II The Final Challengers = Smash Hit
- Monster Hunter XX 3DS = contributed to the increase in revenues to a certain extent.
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z = Performed Steadily
- Monster Hunter Explore = Remained Popular + Stable Profit
- Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite = ................................... was released in September.

=====

Forecasting for FY2018

They said in the Presentation that their Unit Sales Full Year Forecast remains the same as Before , But they Forecast Digital ratio to be 33% as it was 31% last year

PsVyuIOl.png

Also They Expect at the end of This Fiscal Year that Monster Hunter World + Games Released this Fiscal Year Like Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite + " Others " to sell 10M

Hvt46Fhl.png

=====

Updated Platinum Page numbers ( From Q1 FY2018 to Q2 FY2018 - 3 Months Period )

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Resident Evil 6 - 7M ( 6.8M ) +200K
Monster Hunter X - 4.3M
( 4.2M ) +100K
Resident Evil 7 - 4.1M
( 3.7M ) +400K
Dead Rising 3 - 2.5M
( 2.3M ) +200K
DmC - 2.2M
( 1.9M ) +300K
Resident Evil HD Remaster 2.1M
( 1.9M ) +200K
Street Fighter V - 1.9M
( 1.7M ) +200K
Dragon Dogma Dark Arisen - 1.8M
( 1.7M ) +100K
Monster Hunter XX - 1.8M
( 1.7M ) +100K
Resident Evil 0 HD Remastered - 1.7M
( 1.4M ) +300K
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record - 1.3M New Entry
Resident Evil 6 Remaster - 1.2M
( 1.1M ) +100K
Ultra Street Fighter IV - 1.2M
( 1.1M ) +100K
Resident Evil 4 Remaster - 1M New Entry
Resident Evil 5 Remaster - 1M New Entry

The new Entries to the list are

Dead Rising 2 Off The Record - 1.3M
Resident Evil 4 Remaster - 1M
Resident Evil 5 Remaster - 1M

Regarding Resident Evil Sales , Then I believe this is the Ranking of the games based on total Cumulative Sales of each game from the Platinum page alone by adding all the listed ports and versions

Resident Evil 5 = 10.5M
Resident Evil 6 = 8.2M
Resident Evil 4 = 6.9M
Resident Evil = 5M
Resident Evil 2 = 4.95M
Resident Evil 7 = 4.1M
Resident Evil 3 = 3.5M
Resident Evil Remake = 3.4M
Resident Evil 0 = 2.95M
Resident Evil ORC = 2.5M
Resident Evil Code Veronica = 2.54M
Resident Evil REV2 = 2.2M
Resident Evil Revelations = 1.7M
Resident Evil Outbreak = 1.45M
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles = 1.3M

Cumulative Sales ranking based on This quarter gaining

Resident Evil 7 +400K
Resident Evil 6 +300K
Resident Evil 0 +300K
Resident Evil Remake +200K
Resident Evil 4 , 5 Unknown

Last edited:

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
MvCi hit 900k......which is below ARMS which is a new fighting IP on a small owned console lol. Cacpcom must be proud.

Tencent eyes must be right now can't help to get Cacpcom lol.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Good to hear MHXX for Switch performed well! Only a few more tests to go before Capcom will start considering including Switch in its development pipeline!

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Fucking lol at their switch games.

For MvCI, I doubt they've sold 900k. It's probably like SFV where it stayed at 1.5M shipped for several quarters.

philstorm95

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, MvCI sold better than i expected maybe the game can sell 2 million if the season 2 characters have x-men

Mokubba

Oct 27, 2017
Is SFV 200k up from the last quarter?

MVCI did better than expected but lets see how it goes on.

For MvCI, I doubt they've sold 900k. It's probably like SFV where it stayed at 1.5M shipped for several quarters.

I don't think they are sold through numbers. If it was overshipped like SFV then you'll see it next quarter.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Also They Expect in Q3 FY2018 that Monster Hunter World + Games Released this Fiscal Year Like Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite + " Others " to sell 10M

OP, slight correction, that's their forecast for the full year as of 2018/March, not Q3.

It still is a very ambitious target for monhun to hit, in the wake of MVCI underperforming.

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
OP, slight correction, that's their forecast for the full year as of 2018/March, not Q3.

Thats what I thought too , But the 2018/3 number made me believe that they are targeting Q3

I will see the Previous Quarter report and see if they are referring to the quarter or the month

Edit : You are right , The Previous report also label it as 2018/3 , Thanks for the correction and sorry for the error

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Street Fighter couldn't move the initial shipment, I doubt MvC4 could do much better, especially since it's starting lower. Fighting games are in a rut like racing games it seems

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
So there's still no official forecast for MHW alone then?
Any investors q&A?

Lugia

Oct 27, 2017
Both of their switch titles did well, and they still don't believe in that hardware.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some very good legs for Resident Evil 7 and with the added free DLC it should stay consistent. Thier digital contents seems to be dong very well and I'm sure if they release a few titles on Switch this year thier revenue YOY would be even higher.

lol people really need to read these reports properly. SFV is at 1.9 now. It's a shame about MvCi, the game seems to really resonate with it's community but Capcom (and to a certain extent Marvel) bungled things up badly. Still, I'm sure it will hit 1 million soon - a number which I never saw happening this early for this game.

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
To summarize their wording on their games mentioned in the Press release

- Monster Hunter XX Switch = stalwart performance + performed strongly
- Resident Evil 7 biohazard = surpassed 4 million cumulative units shipped. ( Might imply that Gold Edition Pre-order shipments is in )
- Ultra Street Fighter II The Final Challengers = Smash Hit
- Monster Hunter XX = contributed to the increase in revenues to a certain extent.
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z = Performed Steadily
- Monster Hunter Explore = Remained Popular + Stable Profit
- Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite = ................................... was released in September.

Last edited:

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
they cant possibly expect mh world do that 10m alone lol.
there has to be another big game even if those estimates are super optimistic.

XX switch sold what 100k , does that include 3ds copies as well?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
The Q&A usually comes a few days after the Fiscal Report

Thanks for the info!

lol people really need to read these reports properly. SFV is at 1.9 now.

I know? You seem to have missed how SFV stayed at 1.5M units shipped for several quarters, that's what I was talking about, not its current shipment which is still below Capcom's launch forecast...
Just like nearly every game is way below their forecast actually, especially RE7.

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017

If you are talking about the Platinum page , Then the Monster Hunter XX entry in it is for the 3DS Version only , When MHXX Switch version reaches 1M then it will be included by the next quarter it reaches the 1M Mark

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They have 37 new games lister (number only, no names aside from MvC4 and MHW), so there's more to be announced I guess. I think they count each platform separate as well

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info!

I know? You seem to have missed how SFV stayed at 1.5M units shipped for several quarters, that's what I was talking about, not its current shipment which is still below Capcom's launch forecast...
Just like nearly every game is way below their forecast actually, especially RE7.

Oh right thought you meant now. Anyway, with the SFV: Arcade Edition release in 2 months that number should increase more. RE7 was forecast 4 million actually. It's at 4.1 million now. With the added free DLC it should stay consistent.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
MHXX Switch at around 250k in Japan alone, and possibly another 100k or so in the rest of Asia.

I doubt this. Capcom didn't release Chinese version of the game.
The only version released in Asia is Japanese version.
Even if Chinese version was released, it's still very unlikely for MHXX Switch to have sold 100k.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They only expect to sell 10M units of product between MHW, RE7 Gold, SFVAE, DMC5, REMake2 and their dozens of new ports? Isn't that low?

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
got dam re 6 is at 8.2 million and its still selling.
guess were going back to action RE

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Oh right thought you meant now. Anyway, with the SFV: Arcade Edition release in 2 months that number should increase more. RE7 was forecast 4 million actually. It's at 4.1 million now. With the added free DLC it should stay consistent.
Not exactly. They planned to sell 4M in the launch quarter, and 10M LTD ( http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-05-16-capcom-sets-10-million-target-for-resident-evil-7).
That's like saying that SFV will be a success for getting up to 2M when the arcade edition will hit.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I doubt this. Capcom didn't release Chinese version of the game.
The only version released in Asia is Japanese version.
Even if Chinese version was released, it's still very unlikely for MHXX Switch to have sold 100k.
Source: http://m./showthread.php?t=1430270&page=1

Those numbers are shipped, of course, but they are 2 months old, so they probably sold through a decent bit of those (and even then, Capcom probably wouldn't mind as they already sold them to stores).

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Looks like MHXX Switch did good. Great to hear. Hopefully more games will follow.
Resident Evil 7 also did well imo. (Very well compared to other games :P)
900k for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite is definitely a shipment number and not a 'sold-through to consumers' number lol. No much for 2M.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Note: 450k Switch software was shipped last quarter.

End of this 2nd quarter, 800k Switch software total has been shipped.

Only titles I know of are USF2 and MHXX for Switch.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how well DGS did on iOS/Android. The game pretty much bombed on 3DS. I mean, not as bad as the sequel but yeah.

Still no solid Monster Hunter projections.

I can't imagine them only having MHW and SFVAE to release next year.
This is only up to the end of March.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
MVCI did better than I expected I must admit. Did Capcom give a sales expectation for that? I remember seeing an article that it's budget was tiny so it may have performed as they expected?

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Note: 450k Switch software was shipped last quarter.

End of this 2nd quarter, 800k Switch software total has been shipped.

Only titles I know of are USF2 and MHXX for Switch.

If MHXX is counted, the 300k that we know of is of MHXX (200k JP 100 Asia). It looks unlikely that MHXX sold its initial shipment anywhere, since it has not in Japan (180k), so 50k more for USF2 is this result.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Source: http://m./showthread.php?t=1430270&page=1

Those numbers are shipped, of course, but they are 2 months old, so they probably sold through a decent bit of those (and even then, Capcom probably wouldn't mind as they already sold them to stores).

That is really impressive o.O
I haven't seen that before since I'm a new user here.
I guess I underestimated MonHun popularity in Asia and the willingness of its fans here to play in a language they don't understand.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
If MHXX is counted, the 300k that we know of is of MHXX (200k JP 100 Asia). It looks unlikely that MHXX sold its initial shipment anywhere, since it has not in Japan (180k), so 50k more for USF2 is this result.

Yeah, it does sound like USF2 has reached 500k sales while MHXX for Switch has 300k.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I'm not sure how anyone could spin the 900k shipped for MvCI as a bad thing, regardless if it isn't a representation of actual sales. That's better than what I remember for Street Fighter V back then, and whatever game someone mentioned that had more sales I bet it doesnt't have the same "game as service" thing going or MvCI's popularity as an eSport, something that not even Injustice 2 has. So you do you, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

senbon

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine the time is right for some more Switch tests.
Also, who on earth is buying all of these RE6 copies.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how anyone could spin the 900k shipped for MvCI as a bad thing, regardless if it isn't a representation of actual sales. That's better than what I remember for Street Fighter V back then, and whatever game someone mentioned that had more sales I bet it doesnt't have the same "game as service" thing going or MvCI's popularity as an eSport, something that not even Injustice 2 has. So you do you, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

Street Fighter V had 1.4 million shipped back then and it almost didn't move an inch for months.

They expect 2 million from Infinite with more time, but launching at that much, shipped, is not a good sign.