• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What is Coropa and why is it in dispute with Nintendo? I didn't understand that question at all

AdropOFvenom

Oct 27, 2017
So if it sold 500K and 250K of which are on Switch, it's basically implied the Switch version is the highest selling version, since whatever left is split between PS4/XB1

Yeah, I'd love to see them blame us for lack of support again.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So they're happy with the launch of MHW but are being cautious about additional shipments and if it can reach the sales of Resident Evil? Will be interesting to see.

RER ports did better than the thread from yesterday speculated.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are those 500k just for Q3 or LTD sales for those ports? Really can't tell from the quotes.

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
Oh Switch version sold 250k?
Maybe we passed another test.
xBmbOcq.gif

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Capcom doesn't fuck up all the good will and cash they're getting from World. I feel like since the start of the gen their main problem has been their budget because they fucked up Panta Rhei and those weird Monster Hunter pachinko machines or whatever and went broke. Now they should have some money again.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Capcom doesn't fuck up all the good will and cash they're getting from World. I feel like since the start of the gen their main problem has been their budget because they fucked up Panta Rhei and those weird Monster Hunter pachinko machines or whatever and went broke. Now they should have some money again.
Asking Capcom not to fuck up any good will they gain is like asking a Alcoholic not to get shit face at a party.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Asking Capcom not to fuck up any good will they gain is like asking a Alcoholic not to get shit face at a party.
I knowwww. Have there been big executive shake ups in the past decade or so? Most of their fuckups nowadays seem to be because they aren't able to deliver on what people want (budget issues) though, as opposed to last generation when they were just doing nonsensical greedy shit all the time.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
According to Capcom, they expect between 300-500k sales from their Switch ports.

USF II is at 400k +
Revelations is at 250k after a month
MH XX is at 200k +

Looking at their personal expectations, Revelations is well on its way to meet expectations. USF II is already there. Only one possibly not meeting expectations might be MH XX.

If only they released the game in the west. Would have easily made it.

Edit: I know they are pleased with the sales but I will never miss an opportunity to express my distaste for the lack of localization.

Last edited:

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Sad that after all of Capcom games overperformed on Switch -and the some of the rest underperforming on other platforms- Capcom is still being all talk and no action with all those tests and other bad practices.
Well they promised more Switch support and after all Revelations games and Monster Hunter jp are more than many companies could get out on the first year, i expect some interesting things in the coming years.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom has to be kicking themselves in the ass (or investors should be kicking them) for not putting more games on the switch. Everything they have put on the system so far has done better than it should (seriously... half of RER sales are the switch version?, USFII selling that much, MHXX being japan only and how they botched its launch still doing good). The fact they still haven't announced the Disney collection or Okami for it yet is absurd.

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has to be kicking themselves in the ass (or investors should be kicking them) for not putting more games on the switch. Everything they have put on the system so far has done better than it should (seriously... half of RER sales are the switch version?, USFII selling that much, MHXX being japan only and how they botched its launch still doing good). The fact they still haven't announced the Disney collection or Okami for it yet is absurd.

Can't be certain about how a platformer and. Zelda clone will do on a Nintendo system.

Xerzix

Dec 1, 2017
So RE:R port sold more on the Switch than the other two consoles combined? WHAT!? I guess we were wrong about Switch's RE:R sales performance on the other threat. Alright Capcom, you did all the tests you wanted and you got all your results, now please stop messing around with its install base and start putting some genuine effort on the console, we are waiting.

Oct 26, 2017
So if I read it right Rev 1 on Switch is 250k alone? That's EXTREMELY above 150k combined for both Rev 1 and 2 as the other thread made it out to be.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
250k units for Revelations on Switch are in line with expectations (Capcom is expecting 300.000 LTD) but too much given the laziness of the initiatives.

Can we please stop with the whole "lazy" rhetoric? The port is very good and is designed for the Switch' capabilities. There was nothing lazy about it.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Is clear that MHW is above expectations. I'm surprised at REv numbers. It must have bombed hard on the XB1.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Is clear that MHW is above expectations. I'm surprised at REv numbers. It must have bombed hard on the XB1.

500k is a bad number for revelaitons but switch selling half is pretty good for the switch

I fail to see why they would expect higher, TBH.

Can we please stop with the whole "lazy" rhetoric? The port is very good and is designed for the Switch' capabilities. There was nothing lazy about it.

Is not lazy. I would say penny-pinching. The ports are good, but they are clearly rushed. the extra games are trash and the motion controls in 2 aren't as good as 1, even when compared to 3DS's. Still better than dual analogs, though.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why people are surprised at Revelations figures. It has no co-op, for one.

The game didn't even crack 1 million copies on its original platform (3DS), only the HD release managed to push beyond that. Revelations 2 did much better in its original release (across PC, PS4, PS3, X1 and 360) than this re-release.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I really wonder if Capcom will bring Monster Hunter World to Switch, it would just mean more money for Capcom.

I really wanna know Capcom's goal is for Switch.

Capcom's current games for Switch:

Resident Evil Revelations 1&2
Ultra Street Fighter II
Street Fight 30th Anniversary Collection
Monster Hunter XX
Megaman Collection 1 and 2
Megaman X Collection
Megaman 11

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy

I didn't write the port itself was lazy but the initiative was. It was hardly advertised (announced through a Tweet, lol) and received scattered and confusing retail distribution, if any. This is how Capcom treated the first appearance of its biggest IP on Switch.

Tenbatsu

Oct 27, 2017

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They are too busy celebrating the success of Monster Hunter World to care.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't write the port itself was lazy but the initiative was. It was hardly advertised (announced through a Tweet, lol) and received scattered and confusing retail distribution, if any. This is how Capcom treated the first appearance of its biggest IP on Switch.

It sold 500K and half it was on the Switch. Hardly a "lazy" initiative now.

Revelations 1 port is fairly mediocre. Its a less technically advanced game and the performance is barely better than Revelations 2

As a whole both ports are done very well with the Switch in mind and it's shown in the performance of sales.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
As a whole both ports are done very well with the Switch in mind and it's shown in the performance of sales.

Eh no. The commercial performance is not equivalent to the technical performance. The first game wasnt a very good port. The second game all thggs considering was. Lots of poor performing games have sales success.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
It sold 500K and half it was on the Switch. Hardly a "lazy" initiative now.

The Switch port was hardly advertised and received a scattered and confusing retail distribution. It was pretty lazy. The fact that it sold as much just shows how receptive Switch userbase rather than how good Capcom was to promote the game.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Enough tests Capcom with the Switch. Time to bring the big games!

I do think Capcom is on the Switch for real by now, all the games they have revealed so far for the year are going to be on the Switch + back catalogue games in Mega Man Legacy collections..

It's going to be interesting what comes up next

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Interesting that they're worried about the legs on MonHun World. Guessing the legs on RE7 is what has them a little uncertain. Though that game doesn't have the MP aspect working for it like MHW does.

As for Rev Collection. I'm sure it didn't do as well as they would've liked. But was still enough to convince more ports on the system. Especially when the Switch version is close to as many copies as a quick port on PS4/X1 (Even if Rev 2 isn't counted here)

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm ready for Monster Hunter World Portable Xrd Ultimate Tri Quad generations for Switch announcement any day now.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Switch port was hardly advertised and received a scattered and confusing retail distribution. It was pretty lazy. The fact that it sold as much just shows how receptive Switch userbase rather than how good Capcom was to promote the game.

It was a port of a game that was already ported to current consoles. They don't need to heavily advertise the game in order for it to sell - as we can clearly tell. I'm a Switch owner myself and I was well aware of the game through the e-shop and online, so it was not lazy at all.

This passive aggressiveness between Capcom and some Switch owners is kind of ridiculous and we have to remember they don't owe Nintendo anything. A consumer buys the product via thier choice and thier choice only, they are not entitled to anything else.