• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Those forecasts sound like they have an esports title planned for this FY. Would be impressed if they're trying to grow that sector with only SFV.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'm very interested to see what they have planned for the rest of this year.

Hopefully a new PheoniX Wright game, maybe Mega Man X9 and of course MHW: Iceborne is still happening.
I hope they plan to master AA4, AA5 and AA6 as a second trilogy. I guess at this point it's safe to assume future PW titles will be coming to all platforms, right?

Oct 31, 2017
Come on Capcom we need Remaster of Dino Crisis and a new Ghouls n Ghosts. Possibly Capcom Arcade Collection for switch.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I wish they would start making smaller digital titles again. I'd like the PSP GnG on PS4 too please.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would start making smaller digital titles again. I'd like the PSP GnG on PS4 too please.
They just released MM11 last October. So they still are (and yeah it got a physical release, but its still a smaller title akin to their last gen digital offerings). Plus they still do loads of compilations (Beat em up collection, MM/X collections etc.)

And not to mention Capcom already mentioned that they'll be doing more smaller revivals of older franchises, presumeably in a MM11 way (smaller budget and such) so its just a matter of waiting for them to announce them. MM11 clearly did well enough for them, so we'll probably get something announced this year, maybe MMX, GnG if not Bionic Commando, 19XX, Commando...

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
- Monster Hunter World

the Monster Hunter series contributed significantly to improving profits: flagship title Monster Hunter: World (for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One), which was a phenomenal success in the previous fiscal year, maintained popularity through the expansion of its user base, while the Steam version for PC also performed solidly, boosting profits
- Monster Hunter Generations

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (for Nintendo Switch) enjoyed robust sales through its release in markets outside of Japan

This makes my heart SING

BRING ME MORE MH!

Further, Monster Hunter: World, which shook up the market last year, broke 12 million cumulative units shipped following the additional release of the PC version, marking a record high for any single title in the Company's history

LIKE COME ON!!! WOOOOOO!

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Am I reading it correctly in that their FY2020 Forecast is even higher than 2018's? If so I wonder what the heck they could be hiding for that kind of massive jump. Monster Hunter and more old ports are a given, but to match last year they're going to need at least a couple megatons.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Am I reading it correctly in that their FY2020 Forecast is even higher than 2018's? If so I wonder what the heck they could be hiding for that kind of massive jump. Monster Hunter and more old ports are a given, but to match last year they're going to need at least a couple megatons.

Iceborne in 2019 is all we need!

But seriously I have no idea what else in in the pipes. Hopefully a Breath of Fire revival? :p

Lets just pretend BOF6 doesn't exist. Thats how I cope with it

rude

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC their non-next generation titles seem to be:
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
Ace Attorney
"A game that people are going to be surprised they're making" (Reboot)
Rumored Monster Hunter Switch exclusive
Rumored Resident Evil 3 developed by an external partner
Mega Man X9 seemingly

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has REmake 3 been in development for that long? I'm a little bit surprised it's coming this soon between Capcom teasing and the hints going around.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to hear about this very well deserved success

Now, where's Dragon's Dogma 2 damn it
Ace Attorney
Mega Man X9 seemingly
Slant Six is back bros

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Ace Attorney
Mega Man X9 seemingly

Not gonna lie

Some sexy stuff coming

Capcom on a damn roll!

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Capgods are well and truly back. They played a master stroke with MHW and have kept RE in a position of strength.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they plan to master AA4, AA5 and AA6 as a second trilogy. I guess at this point it's safe to assume future PW titles will be coming to all platforms, right?
I wouldn't doubt something like switch first then mobile/console ports like the 3DS games. AA is deeply tied to portables after all

Oct 29, 2017
"Performed well" for Mega Man 11 has me anxious. I'm not sure what the internal expectations for the game were, but I can't imagine that they were thinking it would do gangbusters, necessarily. Sure, there's still a want and demand for Mega Man games, but the way they marketed 11 always made it seem like a slightly-higher-budget version of 9 and 10, as opposed to some significant entry in the mainline series. (I realize it is a mainline entry, but it's more about how it was pitched to the public at large. AAA, this ain't.)

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
RE2 Remake isn't highest of budg. but it's definitely one of them. Thanks to their photogrammetry pipeline I think they managed to create a visually stunning game without spending all the money, but according to credits the game has a shitton of outsourced parts, and was most definitely a big undertaking.

Hearing whatever it took to make that justified is great, I mean, crunch aside, but I hope that means we'll see more like it in the future.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm happy for Capcom. Now they need to resurrect other Classics to keep it going, like another Power Stone, another Maki-Mura/Ghosts 'N Goblins game (or another Dai Makai-Mura/Ghouls' N Ghosts game), Rockman X9/Mega Man X9, etc.

How about classic arcade games like Magic Sword? That could work as a brand new 3D game.

Or find themselves real superior experts in emulation.
Considering they were happy with Mega Man, Mega Man X and Mega Man 11 sales, in addition to the combined sales of the IP, I think it's pretty likely to see another Mega Man compilation, in addition to Mega Man 12 or Mega Man X9.

A few months they mentioned interest on resurrecting some old IP. But I assume they will choose a bigger seller one like Onimusha or Lost Planet.

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
I think it's digital game sales + DLC and IAP from both digital and retail games + extra revenue for having their games on PS Now/Gold/PS+/etc.

"Digital Contents" is just the name of the operating segment and includes all business that relates to PC, Console and Mobile games. In contrast to their Arcade, Pachinko and Royalty/Merchandise stuff.

Capcom has 4 operating segments:

1. Digital Contents (PC, Console, Mobile, [Online] games) - 83% of sales, 28.1% operating margin
2. Arcade Operations (Plaza Capcom arcades) - 11% of sales, 9.9% operating margin
3. Amusement Equipments (Pachinko & Pachislo, Arcade Games Sales) - 3.4% of sales, negative operating income [-77.5%]
4. Other (Mainly royalty income from the licensing and sale of character merchandise) - 2.6% of sales, 31.5% operating margin

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Performed well" for Mega Man 11 has me anxious. I'm not sure what the internal expectations for the game were, but I can't imagine that they were thinking it would do gangbusters, necessarily. Sure, there's still a want and demand for Mega Man games, but the way they marketed 11 always made it seem like a slightly-higher-budget version of 9 and 10, as opposed to some significant entry in the mainline series. (I realize it is a mainline entry, but it's more about how it was pitched to the public at large. AAA, this ain't.)
considering how few MM games breached 1M, I'm not surprised they don't have high expectations for the series. I guess as long as it can keep doing 1M units, they'll keep making games. but I feel they're gonna hit a wall soon. again

rude

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like DMC5 was barely a success if all it did was hit its 2 million target.
Did you play DMC5? As good as the game is, it's obvious it didn't have a massive budget. This isn't the kind of game that needs to sell 5 million to "perform strongly".

They seem to know how to actually budget their games now compared to last generation.