• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the news about DGS getting localized. About time!
And they give one big "F U" to Arthur Conan Doyle's greedy estate too. Excellent.

Sep 29, 2019
The fact Capcom is giving the Ace Attorney franchise all this love makes me so happy. It's a damn relief to see that these games aren't going to be forever region-locked. I am crazily hyped rn

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
I was expecting some Ace Attorney news in 2021, given it is the 20th anniversary of the series. I can only hope it also coincides with Phoenix Wright in Smash and/or the announcement of GS7

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know if Nintendo paid for it.

PC is in that weird limbo where it kinda gets everything, the big AAA things that require a beast of a computer, and things your grandma's walmart computer could run. Someone mentioned like how AC Rogue and Unity both came out on PC (and rogue only came out on current gen consoles years later), and that's because publishers think there's an audience for both the high and low fidielity games. It's why PC has had for instance, a decent amount of Vita ports that didn't bother with PS4 versions.

And then there's also China, which clearly Capcom is aiming at, and PC or mobile is their best way in there.

Granted, it's still likely that Nintendo paid for it, but the PC has existed in that in between space for publishers for a while now.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Herlock Sholmes seems to be a popular thing in visual novel localizations, Code Realize did it too:

code-realize.fandom.com

Herlock Sholmès

"Everything is interconnected at some level; mortality means very little in the grand scheme of things." Herlock Sholmès is a private detective who came to London upon being summoned by Scotland Yard. His excellent physical condition and superior intellect is without peer, and his ability to...

While London Detective Mysteria had Sherlock Holmes in, as well as his son Herlock Holmes.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Platform warring
MH Rise and Stories 2 being for PC makes me damn happy. Thank god they won't be rotting away on Switch.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I don't even know if Nintendo paid for it.

PC is in that weird limbo where it kinda gets everything, the big AAA things that require a beast of a computer, and things your grandma's walmart computer could run. Someone mentioned like how AC Rogue and Unity both came out on PC (and rogue only came out on current gen consoles years later), and that's because publishers think there's an audience for both the high and low fidielity games. It's why PC has had for instance, a decent amount of Vita ports that didn't bother with PS4 versions.

And then there's also China, which clearly Capcom is aiming at, and PC or mobile is their best way in there.

Granted, it's still likely that Nintendo paid for it, but the PC has existed in that in between space for publishers for a while now.
Yup. I'm surprised that people are surprised by Rise potentially also targeting PC. Its market is very heterogeneous after all, definitely more so than the console ones. I think it's easier having World and Rise for instance on PC than having both of those on PlayStation, where the perception would be different I'd wager.
In the current climate, making third party console exclusives also available on PC is probably the most sensible choice for any studio/publisher.

You keep your good relationship with a first party platform holder/console maker while having a wider audience to sell the game to thanks to the addition of PC.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Same deal as Octopath Traveler or Daemon X Machina. It feels like Nintendo does not really see PC as a competing platform.
Not at all OT was published by Nintendo. MH Rise is just a Capcom game developed with the portable market in mind.

There are plenty of games that target or are developed for Switch/PC for whatever reason. Nintendo ain't paying millions to keep games away from other platforms. Capcom just wants to keep 2 MH series going and not make it a yearly franchise on PS/Xbox - gotta built up some anticipation and hype for MHW2 in next-gen.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Wait, so it's both Great Ace Attorney titles? Also, damn I was hoping the new collection would be AA4-6, I've yet to play 5 and 6 :(

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What about Breath of Fire?
CAPCOM:
200.gif

Oct 27, 2017
  • New multiplayer Resident Evil referred to internally as Project Highway/Village Online. It's a Battle Royale of some sort.
  • New Shooter Multiplayer game titled "SHIELD" geared towards streamers

These sound like dreadful ideas.

Dec 15, 2017
That RE7 VR exclusivity still hurts. You don't do that shit on a medium that needs every killer app under the sun to grow.

Hopefully capcom reconsiders porting it to PC.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
PSA, some of this stuff in the leak is apparently wrong or/and outdated and no longer true

PYSnNtz.png
Oh God, please do not crush my dreams of DGS localisation. I kniw there are English localisation screenshots... but still, this one of my most anticipated localisations ever.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dai Gyakuten localized? 😳😳😳
Yees, also "best graphics in the series": Yep.
Get Shu Taking into a new project while we're at it.

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I find it kinda weird that this thirst thread exists on a forum where saying "I pirated Pokemon Yellow" is a bannable offence.
I'm not terribly bothered by either, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I find it kinda weird that this thirst thread exists on a forum where saying "I pirated Pokemon Yellow" is a bannable offence.
I'm not terribly bothered by either, just pointing out the hypocrisy.
One is i pirated pokemon yellow
The other is some random guy did. Ones info, ones an illegal act. One is news pertaining to said act, one is committing the act.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I mean, all the marketing thus far is referring to the game as the next entry in the series. It's only folks online that seem to think otherwise.

Sure, but it's made by a different team, on a less powerful machine; the audience of Monster Hunter was significanlty expanded with World, and some may have seen in Rise a lesser entry. It is not my opinion of course, and seeing Rise being ported on PC could ultimately help with the general perception of the game. It's not "just" a portable entry.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but it's made by a different team, on a less powerful machine; the audience of Monster Hunter was significanlty expanded with World, and some may have seen in Rise a lesser entry. It is not my opinion of course, and seeing Rise being ported on PC could ultimately help with the general perception of the game. It's not "just" a portable entry.
All of the portables are made by a different team on a less powerful machine. The wheels for Rise were probably spinning well before World exploded with popularity.

(Also, the 3rd and 4th gen portables had direct ports to a HD console, so it makes sense that 5th gen would have one too.)

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit MH rise?!! As someone who was not completely enamored with World this is the best news. No more enviously looking over Switch fans enjoying best MH.

What about Breath of Fire?
i-ko-that-feel

Now isnt it but our time will come soon....
in the form of a mobile gacha cash grab

WindUp

Oct 30, 2017
These ransomware attacks are only going to get more common and not just among video game companies :/

there's a large gap right now in terms of embedding the right security practices in employees to defend against them and how easy they are to execute from the attacker side.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
All of the portables are made by a different team on a less powerful machine. The wheels for Rise were probably spinning well before World exploded with popularity.

(Also, the 3rd and 4th gen portables had direct ports to a HD console, so it makes sense that 5th gen would have one too.)

The MH Rise project started 4+ years ago, 2 years before MHW was even announced

www.somagnews.com

Monster Hunter Rise has been development for over 4 year - Somag News

Capcom's game ranks as one of the most anticipated releases for Nintendo Switch in 2021. New details on the title from its creators.

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe
One is i pirated pokemon yellow
The other is some random guy did. Ones info, ones an illegal act. One is news pertaining to said act, one is committing the act.

I like your take, so let's take it a bit deeper.
This thread can't be compared to a "I pirated Pokemon Yellow" post, I agree.
A better comparison would be: "A guy on the internet pirated the next Pokemon in a ransomware attack. While I don't condone of his actions, we're all thirsty so let's check out how cool the game looks. "
Still feels hypocritical. Not because I'm trying to play Capcom's advocate (altough I do feel bad for its workers), but because saying "I pirated Pokemon fucking Yellow" is still a bannable offense, while an entire thread feasting on illegally obtained material isn't.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So AA: DGS is finally getting localized?! Completely missed that. Dayum, I'll get that collection after all. Hope I can buy just DGS 1&2 though.