• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
If they're actually bringing over DGS 1-2... AAI2 might also have a chance. And please release 4-6 also. Bring them all over.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Some user found an excel file with a bunch of database-like entries, just technical information and some variables.
Everything was either already announced or known cancelled, except for a single entry listed as MH_ENDLESS. Only info was that it's f2p and at the time the file was update, it was coming during Fiscal Year 2022 on nextgen, PC and Stadia.
Huh...that's interesting. Maybe it will be like MH Frontier which closed recently.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What is the difference between Ace Attorney and DGS?

Do you guys think AA/DGS will be a system seller?

Dai gyakutan saiban is an ace attorney spin off. The ace attorney series is known as Gyakutan Saiban in Japan. Generally the expectation is it'll be called the great ace attorney or something similar when it is officially announced for an English release.

And no, it definitely won't be a system seller, lol.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Sooo MH Endless F2P is actually real? Should that go in the OP?
what all does that last line mean?
not even sure what dgs stands for, kinda tired
Removed it since it is pretty confusing. Basically if an in-game graphic has Japanese text Capcom opted to have a note with the translation rather than swapping that in-game Japanese for English. DGS is Dai Gyakuten Saiban
What is the difference between Ace Attorney and DGS?

Do you guys think AA/DGS will be a system seller?
DGS is a spinoff of Ace Attorney set in the Meiji era and loosely based off of Sherlock Holmes novels. It has the juror system that AA4 hinted at rather than the judge being the sole arbiter of justice like in Ace Attorney. And no, it won't be a system seller lmao

Last edited:

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
the fan translation for DGS is wonderful and had a lot of hard work put into it, but I am very excited to play it again on the Switch.
It's just bittersweet that we find this out from such a big/disastrous leak.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Take this with a grain of salt (source: 4chan), but...
Ace Attorney 7 is targeting Q3 Fiscal Year 2021

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Feel like if this was in the leak it would've been posted already, seeing as someone on Twiitter has already dished out and translated the Ace Attorney slides. edit: Nevermind??

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I want to believe, but if it were the case, surely they'd have to have made porting AA4-6 more of a priority over DGS 1-2.

DGS1-2 getting an official English localisation is a bit of a monkeys paw in that I think it means we're much further away from AA7 than I previously believed we were.

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
Excited more more Ace Attorney, as long as Japan gets another physical release with English support.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I find it kinda weird that this thirst thread exists on a forum where saying "I pirated Pokemon Yellow" is a bannable offence.
I'm not terribly bothered by either, just pointing out the hypocrisy.
Unfortunately, that's not the case. Threads that directly or indirectly encourage piracy pop up all the time, and should be cracked down on more.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017

This is likely an old date, as the document in question is from 2019, but yes, going by the contents of the leak this is real.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Don't you fucking do this to me.

The impossible already seems to be happening, my heart can't take this in addition.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Where are people getting AA7 from? I want to be sure before updating the title

Importantly, Shu Takumi, the original creator of the series has not and also has not been announced to be working on a new project since DGS2

One of the DGS proposal docs makes multiple references to AA7. At the time it was slated for Q3 FY 2021, but this was likely pushed back due to covid.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
my series, who has been in a coma for four years and presumed dead, texted me "i lived bitch"

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
There have been more slides posted, but I believe it is against the rules to post them unless another outlet does first.

Man, those digital sale numbers for the AA collection re-release are pretty solid for such old games, assuming that they reached these without massive discounts.

And I suppose Switch fans would be very happy to hear how dominant Ace Attorney is on there, but that's no surprise given its long history on Nintendo platforms.

Eriol

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
thanks for the spoiler in the title and keeping sharing sensible info on this with the premise that's a fair game, the data was stolen, even those news sites are reporting on a stolen goods base

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
thanks for the spoiler in the title and keeping sharing sensible info on this with the premise that's a fair game, the data was stolen, even those news sites are reporting on a stolen goods base
Spoiler? What spoiler? The real-life existence of a product / project is not a spoiler.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter Rise on PC is a nice surprise, always hoped but good to see a form of confirmation.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I am so excited for DGS, I thought it was never happening and I haven't touched the fan translations.

But man, if it only releases for Switch here I would be so mad. Hope it's also on PS4 like Japan. I know there haven't been any signs showing otherwise, but I have a bad feeling.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Oh my God...we AA fans are going to be fed so much lmao. Please be real!!!

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
If Great Ace Attorney hits xbox I will get it, still need to finish the first trilogy tho

Hopefully 4-6 will follow.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Asking again about MH Endless. Are we confident that is actually part of the leaks?

Also seems like DGS1-2 will get a physical Switch release in NA! Nothing for EU, Capcom has to Capcom.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not also confident the AA7 slide is real as the formatting is totally different from the other slides.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Apparently the DGS collection is also coming to Steam? That's neat, if the slide is legit.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
stealthyfrog You can add in these if you want, they are from twitter, but the images appear to be legitimate. So I guess a rumor/unverified tag would be good.

DGS box collection is getting a physical release in NA for Switch only. Digital for Switch, PS4, and Steam.
DGS is getting some sort of auto-play feature that solves the puzzles for you.
Overseas versions of DGS won't have Japanese voice support because of the Sherlock Holmes trademark issue (the characters say Sherlock Holmes's name out loud in Japanese).
The Japanese rom will have both Japanese and English text on it, but the overseas rom will only have English text; for the same reason as above.
The game will retail for $40/40 euros.
It looks like they were (and maybe still are) debating over whether to release AA456 collection or not.

At least I hope I'm reading this stuff correctly.

Last edited:

lori

Oct 25, 2017
is the MHST2 stuff looking mostly accurate? i'm really excited for what's there but worried some of the stuff might've been swapped out or changed since 2019

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
stealthyfrog You can add in these if you want, they are from twitter, but the images appear to be legitimate. So I guess a rumor/unverified tag would be good.

AA box collection is getting a physical release in NA for Switch only. Digital for Switch, PS4, and Steam.
Overseas versions of DGS won't have Japanese voice support because of the Sherlock Holmes trademark issue (the characters say Sherlock Holmes's name out loud in Japanese).
The Japanese rom will have both Japanese and English text on it, but the overseas rom will only have English text; for the same reason as above.
It looks like they were (and maybe still are) debating over whether to release AA456 collection or not.

The collection seems to only be the Dai games. Not the big box with 123 included.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

AA box collection is getting a physical release in NA for Switch only. Digital for Switch, PS4, and Steam.

I can verify that i've seen the slides with this information at least, but i'm not sure if all of those slides are legit or not. The one that mentions AA7 and the consideration of a 4+5+6 collection is formatted differently from the rest.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I can verify that i've seen the slides with this information at least, but i'm not sure if all of those slides are legit or not. The one that mentions AA7 and the consideration of a 4+5+6 collection is formatted differently from the rest.

That appears to be real; it is part of an older presentation related to DGS1+2 that also makes additional references to AA7.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018

DGS box collection is getting a physical release in NA for Switch only. Digital for Switch, PS4, and Steam.

Please, please, please for the love of GOD release the physical DGS collection in UK/EU!! PLEASE!

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I am loving that Great Ace Attorney will come out here! I had been waiting for the fan translation of 2 to start them seriously but what I played of the first was great. I imported the both of them in anticipation and I'm so excited to play the fully now.