• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Powerstone remake is the surprising and best thing. 20 FUCKING years I've been waiting. One of Capcom's most underrated games of all time, so much that could be done with it today.

Oct 31, 2017
84.gif

I've been waiting for this moment since 2004... Really hoping this is a true 4th installment or even a soft reboot.
lol Onimusha 4 is a really great game, and to me it's by far and away the best in the series and is one of my favorite ARPG's of all time. Get out of here with this "true 4th installment" nonsense

Femme Man

Oct 28, 2017
lol Onimusha 4 is a really great game, and to me it's by far and away the best in the series and is one of my favorite ARPG's of all time. Get out of here with this "true 4th installment" nonsense
We like different things and that's okay! Dawn of Dreams was very different from the first three games and didn't exactly feel like Onimusha to me. Like I said before, I would love to see a "4" in the new title or a soft reboot that retains more likeness from the first three games. What I said wasn't nonsense.

Oct 31, 2017
We like different things and that's okay! Dawn of Dreams was very different from the first three games and didn't exactly feel like Onimusha to me. Like I said before, I would love to see a "4" in the new title or a soft reboot that retains more likeness from the first three games. What I said wasn't nonsense.
But it's literally Onimusha 4. It is a canon sequel to Onimusha 1-3. You can dislike it all you want (though it does sadden me, and perplex me how fans of previous games could dislike 4, unless they absolutely loved Issens or something) but what irks me is the insinuation that DoD is not Oni 4/a "real Onimusha."

Sep 7, 2020
For those interested in another Marvel vs Capcom entry, Maximilian is hosting a twitch event next week playing UMVC3 and its going to be sponsored by twitch rivals. Capcom fighters is also very aware of the event has retweeted several tweets and its a good opportunity to show our love of the series in hopes of letting them know that the series is still viable from a community standpoint and it may be worth investing creating new games supporting the community. Of course there could be a game already in development but there isn't then we can spam our love for this series in particular next week.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Any Marvel vs Capcom news?
Nothing related as of right now.
It could be "new B" or "new C"

For those interested in another Marvel vs Capcom entry, Maximilian is hosting a twitch event next week playing UMVC3 and its going to be sponsored by twitch rivals. Capcom fighters is also very aware of the event has retweeted several tweets and its a good opportunity to show our love of the series in hopes of letting them know that the series is still viable from a community standpoint and it may be worth investing creating new games supporting the community. Of course there could be a game already in development but there isn't then we can spam our love for this series in particular next week.
Noted, thanks for the heads up!

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
No DMC till 2025 is really dumb tbh, the series isn't some GTA level that you need 6 years of production. capcom is making a big mistake by letting it die once again, i dont feel like it's a good reason that one director is busy with another project ., its not like he made DMC5 all by himself.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
No DMC till 2025 is really dumb tbh, the series isn't some GTA level that you need 6 years of production. capcom is making a big mistake by letting it die once again, i dont feel like it's a good reason that one director is busy with another project ., its not like he made DMC5 all by himself.

I mean, there's probably so much resources that can be allocated by a single company in a pipeline that's mostly well-defined.

Capcom can't make a DMC team of devs show up from thin air.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Going to assume Dragon's Dogma began production before DMC5 even came out. I don't see how that game is coming out in a little less than 2 years otherwise. Also explains how barebones DMC5:SE is.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017

DMCV is a pretty AAA game. Capcom also isn't Rockstar where they only make one game, they're also making Resident Evil games, Monster Hunter games, Dragon's Dogma 2, Street Fighter VI. I'd bet a lot of the DMCV team is working on Dragon's Dogma 2, it's not just Itsuno.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
No potential DMC game in the next 6 years is awful, especially after bringing it back from the dead. Capcom basically going to kill all the buzz around it, I was hoping Capcom would leverage the momentum for DMC5 into maybe a spin off (Lady and Trish game), or more dlc beyond DMC5:SE additions (which are pretty barebones).

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Biohazard: Apocalypse would release 2,5 years after VIIlage and Capcom seemingly stopped putting regular numbers on main entries. It has to be RE9. Just look at it. RE: Apocalyp9e. The power of math.

Protodude

Oct 25, 2017
Lemme dissect the whole Rockman Taisen (translated to roughly Battle, Matchup, etc.) thing.

In early 2019, Mega Man 11 producer Kazuhiro Tsuchiya confirmed development began on a new "major" title. He again affirmed, in September 2019, the major title was in development and we should await an announcement.

In that time, we saw the release of Rockman VR (an attraction-based game) and Make Rockman (educational software for PC). From the people I spoke with, these were NOT the major title in question. Major title heavily implied something akin to Mega Man 11.

In 2018, I personally learned about the development of Rockman X DiVE and a Battle Network mobile title. While X DiVE eventually came to fruition, MMBN remains to be seen. We were - and I can say this with absolute certainty - supposed to have officially heard about the BN game by now. To coincide with its announcement, there was a Battle Network crossover with a Duel Masters mobile game and special Battle Network content in X DiVE. Duel Masters crossover happened. X DiVE content is coming very, very soon.

Last I heard, the game was in active development but it - much like several other projects - has been impacted by COVID-19 and the very non-ideal transition to a work-from-home model during beginning of pandemic.

Long story short, there are at least two Mega Man games in development. The major title by Tsuchiya and the MMBN mobile title.

Taisen could very well be Tsuchiya's game. Or not. As has been pointed out, this schedule is missing titles both old and new. Several games are missing from the FY17-FY20 period. Known titles such as RE3 Cloud and the eventual DMC4SE aren't here, either.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Lemme dissect the whole Rockman Taisen (translated to roughly Battle, Matchup, etc.) thing.

In early 2019, Mega Man 11 producer Kazuhiro Tsuchiya confirmed development began on a new "major" title. He again affirmed, in September 2019, the major title was in development and we should await an announcement.

In that time, we saw the release of Rockman VR (an attraction-based game) and Make Rockman (educational software for PC). From the people I spoke with, these were NOT the major title in question. Major title heavily implied something akin to Mega Man 11.

In 2018, I personally learned about the development of Rockman X DiVE and a Battle Network mobile title. While X DiVE eventually came to fruition, MMBN remains to be seen. We were - and I can say this with absolute certainty - supposed to have officially heard about the BN game by now. To coincide with its announcement, there was a Battle Network crossover with a Duel Masters mobile game and special Battle Network content in X DiVE. Duel Masters crossover happened. X DiVE content is coming very, very soon.

Last I heard, the game was in active development but it - much like several other projects - has been impacted by COVID-19 and the very non-ideal transition to a work-from-home model during beginning of pandemic.

Long story short, there are at least two Mega Man games in development. The major title by Tsuchiya and the MMBN mobile title.

Taisen could very well be Tsuchiya's game. Or not. As has been pointed out, this schedule is missing titles both old and new. Several games are missing from the FY17-FY20 period. Known titles such as RE3 Cloud and the eventual DMC4SE aren't here, either.

Thanks for the info! Considering the "title", the dev time, and the rest of the info, i really doubt it's gonna be a 2D action plateformer, which have me worried.... hopefully they know what they're doing!

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
I'll be very surprised if Rockman Taisen is the only "major" Mega Man title in the works. MM11 took roughly 2.5 years of development (2016-2018) from what I recall, the idea of a Mega Man game that started development in early 2019 taking almost 4 seems a bit dubious, though I'll be pleasantly surprised if Capcom's taking such a big undertaking for what's commonly a mid-tier franchise for them in terms of budget.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Does someone have a list of the relative budgets for the unannounced projects? Saw some figures being shared in the MC thread

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I combed through what is out there a bit. The DLC Ethan's Trauma Pack for RE8 is set 3 years after RE7 which was set in the middle of 2017. Who knows what that means for the later set main campaign of RE8 but Jack is likely back baby! My vote for DLC of the year is already cast when it comes to 2021.
tumblr_olhcomr7iT1qjztgpo1_400.gifv

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Lemme introduce you to the DS fanbase, I assume the marketing strategy will be as follows:

-hire 10 Russian trolls;
-have them spamming in the Souls subreddits stuff like "you think DS is hard? It means you never tried GNG"
-profit.

"The Dark Souls of side scrolling games" will be a sentence shared by one media outlet and I already feel my cortisol spiking.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
DMCV is a pretty AAA game. Capcom also isn't Rockstar where they only make one game, they're also making Resident Evil games, Monster Hunter games, Dragon's Dogma 2, Street Fighter VI. I'd bet a lot of the DMCV team is working on Dragon's Dogma 2, it's not just Itsuno.
I know but, maybe don't do 5 different resident evil in between one DMC? I just find the disparity a bit too much.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
  • Prediction: New B & C are game based on/crossing over with existing external licenses.
  • Why: It would make sense to hide the names of those games from a list like this in the event that it leaked to not piss off your licensing partner. The sales numbers for C make sense for a Versus game (in line with what Capcom expected for MvC3 & MvCI), while B's numbers are likely achievable by something like a new DuckTales game based on the reboot.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I know but, maybe don't do 5 different resident evil in between one DMC? I just find the disparity a bit too much.
It's at least 6 till Q4 2024 as REmake 3 came after DMC V. I´ll just count Resistance as part of RE3 to keep the number down. RE and CoD run on the same schedule. The single divergence was the 3-year slump after RE6. The only way DMC can return to any reasonable schedule if it crosses over with RE. Enjoy the V manga and the Netflix cartoon till then. And LN that will never leave Japan that resolved DMC 2. Lol. That game´s full code is now out there and no one cares.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
  • Prediction: New B & C are game based on/crossing over with existing external licenses.
  • Why: It would make sense to hide the names of those games from a list like this in the event that it leaked to not piss off your licensing partner. The sales numbers for C make sense for a Versus game (in line with what Capcom expected for MvC3 & MvCI), while B's numbers are likely achievable by something like a new DuckTales game based on the reboot.
Yeah, that makes sense to me. I'd be pretty pumped for a Ducktales reboot game too!