• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Same.

I'll admit, though, that I'm of two minds of what I would want "next" from another Outbreak. On one hand, it'd be nice to finish the story for the original Outbreak crew. But on the other hand, nothing says you can't pretty much revamp the concept of "having a bunch of strangers trapped in a new location for a BOW-related disaster and they must work together in order to survive!", complete with a new batch of characters (maybe 1-3 returning characters from the first Outbreak games). Then just begin anew. Between REmake2 already have been a thing, and R3make coming soon as well, I'd be all for another game that doesn't necessarily have to take place in Raccoon City and its surrounding environs as a backdrop again!
Honeslty, considering not a lot of people played the original Outbreak games because they were online PS2 games, Capcom should remake those. They are prime candidates for a RE2-style remake.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Give me spin off series that is more action horror like 5 & 6! Don't get me wrong I loved both re2 remake and 7, but I still have a soft spot for the action stuff. The dream would be a spin off staring Joe from end of Zoe, punching bio weapons into gibs!

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My main fear about R3make is actually that right there. That r3make is not really r3make, but a totally different game that sort of have RE3's styoryline as a part of it. And an Outbreak online component demands much more than being a simple extra mode.

I totally expect that to happen. You'll have the main campaign of RE3 to be remade like RE2 was, but since it was a shorter game you'll have the Outbreak online mode to fill the content in order to justify the pricetag. That and GaaS.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I totally expect that to happen. You'll have the main campaign of RE3 to be remade like RE2 was, but since it was a shorter game you'll have the Outbreak online mode to fill the content in order to justify the pricetag. That and GaaS.

I hate that I believe you might be correct, or better, that I believe Capcom might think you are correct. I must add that RE3 being a shorter game compared to RE2 is not that true. One campaign for one campaign RE3 is actually longer, and you also have enough replayability to make another playthrough very fresh. And if we look at REmake 2, the fact that the campaigns are much more similar to each other than in the original RE2, you can have a R3make with more content without needing an online component.

The only online component I can see RE3 having and staying true to the original is The Mercenaries.

If Capcom wants to make an MMO-ish GaaS title in Raccoon City, go for it. But R3make is not the place for it.

What does "Michael does life" have to say though?

Something someting all new upcoming edition of Resident Evil 3.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the OP, my bet is on some sort of MP title. They don't usually have feedback tests like this for SP fare (there was none for RE2 and it was minimal for RE7). So I'd temper expectations of this being related to the next big title.
Unless perhaps they're showing off RE3make with a multiplayer mode.
Mercenaries, let's go!

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
It's either RE8 or RE3.

Capcom give RE Outbreak a chance. We are in the online age so it makes a lot of sense now. The series never had a fair shot as each PS2 needed a network adapter and a much smaller internet pool.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
It's either RE8 or RE3.

Capcom give RE Outbreak a chance. We are in the online age so it makes a lot of sense now. The series never had a fair shot as each PS2 needed a network adapter and a much smaller internet pool.

If the leaks are correct RE3 has been in development for a while and is closer to release than it might be expected. Indeed, Dusk Golem said its announcement was very close, but that was several months ago. With that in mind, it makes more sense for a RE3 test than RE8 (which is probably a next gen title).

But as the op mention, it makes more sense for it to be a multiplayer game. So my bet is either an online component for RE3 (which hopefully is a Merc mode or some analogue) or an new RE game like an Outbreak revival.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
It's still weird to me that R3make is coming before RE8. I thought Capcom would alternate between a remake and a new mainline title.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
As some have pointed out, it could be a MP game. If that really ends being the case I would like a standalone Mercenaries game, I'd play hundreds of hours lol

US Testing

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
I Just got the email for NA. Just signed up hope I get to go!

Hi Resident Evil Ambassadors,

Thank you as always for your continued support of the Resident Evil franchise!

Today, we're reaching out to recruit potential testers from our loyal RE Ambassador community to try out a new game in early development.

We'd love to get your feedback, so please take a look at the info below and apply if you're interested in participating.
[City & Date]
Los Angeles: September 20th or 21st, 2019
New York: September 23rd or 24th, 2019

[Compensation]
Participants will not be compensated for their time.

[Requirements]
1)You must be registered in the Resident Evil Ambassador Program.
2)You must have played a previous Resident Evil title in the past.

* You will be completely responsible for your own transportation arrangements to the research site, including any associated fees.
* Please note that application does not guarantee participation. We will select a few applicants and contact you separately if you are chosen for the testing session.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
OH
tenor.gif

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I Just got the email for NA. Just signed up hope I get to go!

Hi Resident Evil Ambassadors,

Thank you as always for your continued support of the Resident Evil franchise!

Today, we're reaching out to recruit potential testers from our loyal RE Ambassador community to try out a new game in early development.

We'd love to get your feedback, so please take a look at the info below and apply if you're interested in participating.
[City & Date]
Los Angeles: September 20th or 21st, 2019
New York: September 23rd or 24th, 2019

[Compensation]
Participants will not be compensated for their time.

[Requirements]
1)You must be registered in the Resident Evil Ambassador Program.
2)You must have played a previous Resident Evil title in the past.

* You will be completely responsible for your own transportation arrangements to the research site, including any associated fees.
* Please note that application does not guarantee participation. We will select a few applicants and contact you separately if you are chosen for the testing session.

Oh I wasn't expecting this. I wonder if they'll bring it to EU now or keep it to NA and JP.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Oh I wasn't expecting this. I wonder if they'll bring it to EU now or keep it to NA and JP.

It would be a dream to see it anywhere besides the US and JP, tho i really think it's likely that they'll do something in their London headquarters.

Wouldn't hold my breath for anything else.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I hope I get picked! New York is a reasonable distance from me and my brother lives in LA so that's an easy to justify flight for me (and for some reason I decided to mention this in my tester application form...I guess out of excitement?) so it would be amazing to win the chance to play whatever this is.

It seems too early for R3make, right? I guess there is a lot of overlap between RE2 & RE3 that it probably wouldn't take them a ton of time to get something up and running but it still just seems so early for R3make.

I really feel like it's RE8 they're testing because timeline wise it makes sense and that's probably the game they're more unsure about as well. RE7 was generally well received and for awhile I believe it was Capcom's best selling game released this gen (obviously MHW has since blown past it) but it was still a fairly divisive game among the fanbase. I feel like even most people who liked RE7 considered it a bit of an uneven game. I loved it but there's definitely a not insignificant number of people who didn't like RE7.

The only thing surprising about if this is RE8 is that at this point you would almost think they would want to hold back RE8 for next gen and maybe try to quickly get out R3make (possibly as a crossgen title)? You know, so they can have the totally new entry be Capcom's way of planting its flag into the next gen (though maybe that doesn't make much sense from a business perspective). Which I guess would still be a possibility as these demos could just be running on next gen spec PCs with an Xbox One controller plugged into them. Either way I so fucking hope I get picked!
As I said in the OP, my bet is on some sort of MP title. They don't usually have feedback tests like this for SP fare (there was none for RE2 and it was minimal for RE7). So I'd temper expectations of this being related to the next big title.

Huh that definitely seems more than plausible. I initially thought it might be multiplayer dlc for RE2 but the email does specify that you'll be playing a new game. What could it be? Obviously the mediocre ORC and abysmal Umbrella Corps come to mind when I think of multiplayer focused RE games so hopefully whatever it is isn't like those games. I would love an Outbreak 3 or a remaster of the original Outbreaks but those will only ever exist in my dreams.

I still feel like it has to be at least a semi-big release if they're going through the trouble of all the secrecy and hyping people up with this. I don't see them doing this for an Umbrella Corps 2 or some equivalent. I almost wonder if it could be the console equivalent to something like The Mercenaries 3D? A game that's focused on Mercs or Raid mode (or both) would be pretty rad and something fans have wanted for years (particularly on a platform other than 3DS). It would also be a great way for them to serve the currently under served action loving segment of the RE fanbase. Also in the time of GAAS Capcom may be wanting to get in on the action with RE. Okay, hear me out, 100 pods each containing a Mr. X are shot into Raccoon City...

I will say that if its the multiplayer MODE for an upcoming major RE game it will be for R3make. R3make seems like a good test bed for something like that. Maybe they'll bring back that BOWs vs Agent mode from RE6?

Last edited:

Kunomori

Nov 1, 2017

Resident Evil Outbreak 3 LUL

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It would be a dream to see it anywhere besides the US and JP, tho i really think it's likely that they'll do something in their London headquarters.

Wouldn't hold my breath for anything else.

Yeah their London office is probably the most likely Europe candidate actually. I'd probably try go if that were the case lol.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, got the email but dont live in LA anymore.... I want to play RE3make :((((((

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so so excited for a Outbreak-like game in a post-PS2 online gaming world. I would pay PS+ worth a year for that.