• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
https://i1.wp.com//wp-content/uploads/2018/05/mega-man-legacy-collection-switch-photo-1.jpg?resize=687%2C916&ssl=1

Previous:

https://i0.wp.com//wp-content/uploads/2018/05/mega-man-legacy-collection-1-2-old.jpg?w=329&ssl=1

https:///capcom-removes-ugly-border-from-mega-man-legacy-collection-12-switch/

Now obviously I assume it's still the same deal (1 on cart, 2 as a code), but we first saw evidence of Capcom possibly retiring the banner with Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2's box:

3max.jpg

Now it seems that they decided to remove the banner from the final box of MMLC as well.

Now only RE Revelations Collection has used it from Capcom. Maybe they'll reprint it without the banner, but I doubt it.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
And now we wait for the first person to start a thread complaining that it wasn't obvious enough that they needed to download a huge chunk of the game and how it should have been on the cart.

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
Well, the stripe at the top still looks dumb, and they're still missing the point by not just putting everything on a cart, so... neat?

sharpforprez

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Very off-topic but is there a viable solution to printing your own custom covers? I'm ready to just stop caring and make my own.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
And now we wait for the first person to start a thread complaining that it wasn't obvious enough that they needed to download a huge chunk of the game and how it should have been on the cart.
That's a pretty valid complaint if it's still required and there's no indication on the box.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
It has that message on the bottom so the banner would be a little redundant.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
What does the text say at the bottom thats covered behind the reciept. Does it still say:

'includes game card for megaman legacy collection.
And a download code for megaman legacy collection 2'?

logash

Oct 27, 2017
This makes more sense. They are two separate games and that warning should only be on games that use both the cart and the internal storage for huge downloads.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what to tell you. They definitely don't. The only one I'd agree with, and even then it's mostly because I played it and saw how she acts, is the catgirl.

Also, this other game doesn't feature anyone that looks even remotely underage and still got the mail.

Anything on the back?

It still mentions one of the two collections is a download code.

If you look REALLY closely, you can still make out the text being hidden by the receipt. So yeah it's still the same thing I bet.

ah gotcha. I have images disabled due to being at work so it was just wishful thinking on my part

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Phew! I wouldn't want someone coming to my house, looking at my games and seeing that banner. I would be so embarrassed!

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I'm guessing they aren't forced by Nintendo to do it since it's 1 game on cart and 1 download instead of being one game that's unplayable without a download

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing they aren't forced by Nintendo to do it since it's 1 game on cart and 1 download instead of being one game that's unplayable without a download

It seems ideal. But also in the case of L.A. Noire, there should be a more pleasant way to conveying the info.

DOOM got around this by making the single player entirely on the cart (plus updates and DLC IIRC) with the entire multiplayer the download. This lacked the banner.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
We box art purists will take our victories whenever and wherever we can.
If anything, they should have reversible box art.
The big ass banner warning for unwitting customers on the store shelf and then reversible without the big ass banner for after you've brought it home.
Everybody wins... well, aside from the fact that they cheaped out on the damn cart in the first place.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
If anything, they should have reversible box art.
The big ass banner warning for unwitting customers on the store shelf and then reversible without the big ass banner for after you've brought it home.
Everybody wins... well, aside from the fact that they cheaped out on the damn cart in the first place.

I am in agreement; they should have kept it the way it was. There should be a very prominent warning that this isn't a complete game, and will have to download half of the content. Some people will miss that small warning, and be in for a nasty surprise.

Of course, the ideal option would be that the reverse side would have an alternate cover without the warning.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh? What does that matter if it still downloads?

Better the information is clearly there imo

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The thread title is a little misleading. I mean, I guess it isn't technically wrong, but they didn't just remove it. They replaced it.

Going into the thread, I thought the title indicated that they may be putting both collections on one cart now, but that is very clearly not the case. The cover still says it needs a download, but it isn't on a white banner on the top.

Listonosh

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely like the box art without the banner there more, but more importantly, how did both collections not fit on one game cart? Arent each of these games like Megabytes big? Even with all the extras?

ITSMILNER

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Couple of questions

I have a PAL Switch, I don't think this is getting a physical release in the UK so if I import the US physical will I need a US account to use the code?

Do you need the game card inserted to play the downloaded MMLC2?

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Yes because this fixes the issue people had with this release, surely.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really hate the delivery strategy of 1 game on cart, 1 game download code. :( Removing the ugly label from the box doesn't change that.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Well, the stripe at the top still looks dumb, and they're still missing the point by not just putting everything on a cart, so... neat?

This all seems particularly egregious with the two collections for classic Mega Man. Is the wrapper and bonus features for those games so big that they really couldn't figure out a way to fit everything all onto a single game card?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Couple of questions

I have a PAL Switch, I don't think this is getting a physical release in the UK so if I import the US physical will I need a US account to use the code?

You probably will need a US account. Or you could temporarily change your account to US and then change it back.

I don't see why you would need the card inserted for the download game.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Couple of questions

I'm about 99.9% that you won't need the game card to play MMLC2 and I'm equally as sure that you will need a US account to use the MMLC2 download code but I believe you have the option to buy MMLC1+2 separately via the eShop so you could just sell the code for the MMLC2 and then buy that collection on the eshop at a later time if you want. You may lose money but it is an option

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Funnily is one of the few boxes where it wouldnt be as jarring seeing as its mostly empty space on the original artwork anyway

But good. This banner is dumb and no one should be using it.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna sound weird, but I kinda like that banner. It looked clean. I thought it was one of those examples of technical/legal information that ends up looking sorta aesthetically pleasing on packaging.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is the download banner not required? I always thought it was a sort of psuedo-punitive measure that Nintendo required for games that required downloads.

ITSMILNER

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You probably will need a US account. Or you could temporarily change your account to US and then change it back.

I don't see why you would need the card inserted for the download game.

I'm about 99.9% that you won't need the game card to play MMLC2 and I'm equally as sure that you will need a US account to use the MMLC2 download code but I believe you have the option to buy MMLC1+2 separately via the eShop so you could just sell the code for the MMLC2 and then buy that collection on the eshop at a later time if you want. You may lose money but it is an option

Cool, if I was to Switch my account to US to download the game and then switch it back to my UK account will I be able to play the game without any issues?