• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BordyDogue

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
"If enough people want/ask for it" is a sentence I have a love/hate relationship with

Oct 27, 2017
On a side note- People talk about DMC2 as some low bar for sequels, but Dino Crisis 3 is without a doubt the worst sequel in capcom's roster. Even if you're on board for the hilarious concept of dinos in space, the game just doesn't want to be played. That was a period when capcom would put stuff that didn't work on ice until it came out right- not sure how that shit got out the gate without redoing the camera and aiming entirely.

dicetrain

Oct 25, 2017
I choose to believe this is one of those things where in Japanese the literal meaning is implied, so "people" means "shareholders" and the PR person is saying they want it, too.

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
Meh, I am struggling to really care. It would be nice if they brought the IP back, but I strongly doubt it will actually be a game I want to play. DC1 is one of my favorite survival horror games ever, it is up there with the original Resi titles. DC2 was still very good, but it pretty much ditched horror for full blown action, which resulted in a different game feeling. I abandoned the series after that since it continued down that direction.

I'd only be really excited if a Dino Crisis comeback was a traditional horror title. It doesn't even need to be fixed camera like DC1, even something like a RE7-style take on the series would be great. I'm thinking something like the kitchen scene from Jurassic Park, except you need to solve a DDK puzzle to escape the room. But I very much doubt a new game would be anything other than pure action. Years ago I might have been interested in a Dino Crisis 4 with an over-the-shoulder perspective, but I got tired of that style of game a long time ago.

Go horror or go home.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I should hope so! These are legit questions. Coming down from getting what you've desired for a very long time is rough, man. It drains you, saps your sanity, makes you wonder if it was all worth it.

I mean I feel for the guy, but I hope he's managed expectations at this point.

I'm at the point where Regina in Puzzle Fighter would be a big win lol

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
If a Dino Crisis game gets made, I want to see Jaw's reaction if someone claims the OT before him.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'd buy a dino crisis sequel with Regina on 4. People think 2 is bad? Wtf

1 was good
2 was great
3 stank (I blame them trying to go hardcorrrrreee to an Xbox audience)

renzollama

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Somehow, the phrasing of this is very funny to me. It's like the beginning of a children's fable.

Edit: I also heard from the same source that if enough of us clap a fairy will get its wings?

Oct 28, 2017
Meh, I am struggling to really care. It would be nice if they brought the IP back, but I strongly doubt it will actually be a game I want to play. DC1 is one of my favorite survival horror games ever, it is up there with the original Resi titles. DC2 was still very good, but it pretty much ditched horror for full blown action, which resulted in a different game feeling. I abandoned the series after that since it continued down that direction.

I'd only be really excited if a Dino Crisis comeback was a traditional horror title. It doesn't even need to be fixed camera like DC1, even something like a RE7-style take on the series would be great. I'm thinking something like the kitchen scene from Jurassic Park, except you need to solve a DDK puzzle to escape the room. But I very much doubt a new game would be anything other than pure action. Years ago I might have been interested in a Dino Crisis 4 with an over-the-shoulder perspective, but I got tired of that style of game a long time ago.

Go horror or go home.
I'm very confident that if/when the Dino Crisis reboot happens it will be a horror title. Wouldn't be surprised to see it go the RE7 route.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Please Capcom make Dino crisis reboot happen. Ask Sony/Nintendo/microsoft to help fund the game or something. Don't let this series die.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I dunno what I could do to get th Dino Crisis fanbade more on board and unified. There's obvious interest. But as I said earlier there's no real "fan base" at least in the sense of a lot of active communities talking about the game and such.

There's
-Reset
-Wiki Community
-The Subreddit [DC Reddit is new and small but DC posts gain a lot of traction on
-the RE Reddit since they're like family)
-Dinocrisis.com (fan forum)
& My twitter

Those would be the biggest things that I know of. Arabic speaking countries and predominately Spanish speaking countries seem to garner a lot of DC traction as well when news of the series comes up.

I would say DC as a whole is in a neat position though. No one would really be against a reboot. Which helps a ton on bringing it back. Then after that Guns and Dinosaurs is an easy sell to mainstream audiences. Even with a female protagonist since that hasn't really affected game sales in awhile. Plus you have the recent success and resurgence of Jurassic World.

This kinda goes back to why I've been so adamant on making noise for the series. There's no major hurdles to it in a general sense (obviously money and dev will always be a hurdle for anything). The game idea isnt niche, it still holds some nostalgia for folks. There's a lack of dinosaur games. Especially of the single player variety (literally every dinosaur game this gen has been MP or park builder related).

Guess we'll see how it goes while I think of mote things I could do.

Oct 28, 2017
I dunno what I could do to get th Dino Crisis fanbade more on board and unified. There's obvious interest. But as I said earlier there's no real "fan base" at least in the sense of a lot of active communities talking about the game and such.

There's
-Reset
-Wiki Community
-The Subreddit [DC Reddit is new and small but DC posts gain a lot of traction on
-the RE Reddit since they're like family)
-Dinocrisis.com (fan forum)
& My twitter

Those would be the biggest things that I know of. Arabic speaking countries and predominately Spanish speaking countries seem to garner a lot of DC traction as well when news of the series comes up.

I would say DC as a whole is in a neat position though. No one would really be against a reboot. Which helps a ton on bringing it back. Then after that Guns and Dinosaurs is an easy sell to mainstream audiences. Even with a female protagonist since that hasn't really affected game sales in awhile. Plus you have the recent success and resurgence of Jurassic World.

This kinda goes back to why I've been so adamant on making noise for the series. There's no major hurdles to it in a general sense (obviously money and dev will always be a hurdle for anything). The game idea isnt niche, it still holds some nostalgia for folks. There's a lack of dinosaur games. Especially of the single player variety (literally every dinosaur game this gen has been MP or park builder related).

Guess we'll see how it goes while I think of mote things I could do.
You need to get a popular streamer or youtuber to play the old games and generate some noise.

Deleted member 7529

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Darkstalkers Are NOT Dead

Like others have mentioned, this is a pretty generic statement that doesn't hold a lot of weight considering their track record on offering to revive old titles (Mega Man Legends, Darkstalkers).

And if we're being honest, with how Capcom rolls these days, I wouldn't even want them to revisit their library of classic IP's (Breath of Fire 6).

reirom

Nov 3, 2017
Never played 1 2,only Psone? Game still worth playing Iiked all tank re so I
Will like Dino?

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
They said the same thing about RE: Outbreak. Everybody needed to buy network adapters just to play online. I wonder why the series failed

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Just take the skeleton of RE6 gameplay and build Dino Crisis on it. It's a perfect match. All the high mobility action of diving and dodge rolls would fit perfectly. Especially the counter system. Build the gameplay on counters and critical hits to set up melee kills.

Then RE6 fans could have something awesome and maybe even have a thread that isn't instantly ruined by the obnoxious-as-fuck anti-RE6 brigade.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
You need to get a popular streamer or youtuber to play the old games and generate some noise.

I've been waiting for game grumps to play it. Even sent them a copy of DC2. AVGN bringing it up was a nice surprise.

Will like Dino?

If you liked old RE you'll more than likely like DC1. It's a different style but the same idea. DC2 is more action but it's comparable to say RE3 on easy mode.

Revenge Joe's Father

Banned for having multiple alt accounts
Banned
Dec 30, 2017
In the late 2000's there were websites and message boards that at times, pummeled capcom with calls and E-mails about Dino Crisis, why would they say this now? I'm assuming because a lot of people who were pushing for it years ago don't have much interest anymore.

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
6Tt8l8N.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Jaw you never answered the question before. If Dino Crisis were to be brought back, which style would you prefer? Horror or action? For you what would be the dream Dino Crisis revival game?

Oct 28, 2017
You think Capcom would get on the dinosaur bandwagon with that franchise seeing as how power rangers had a dinosaur based season last year and Jurassic Park has seen a revival in movies lately. Now would be prime time I think for a new Dino crisis.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

Go horror or go home.
See, I'm the opposite. I think the series should go the action route, for a couple reasons. Firstly, I just think action is a better fit for the franchise. Most Dinosaurs, even larger ones like the T-Rex, should be fairly fast and aggressive, and I feel that fast-paced action oriented gameplay is a much better fit for that style of enemy. I'm not saying Horror couldn't work, but I don't think it's the best fit for the franchise, even if it's origins lie in classic Survival Horror. Also, I might be alone in this, but while I think Dinos are awesome, I just don't find them particularly scary, honestly.

Secondly, Capcom already has a successful Horror franchise now in RE thanks to RE7. Why should they have two franchises both pretty much doing the same thing? I think that Dino Crisis would be better served going Action, while RE does Horror (although I still wouldn't mind an Action RE here and there). Also, I really don't want don't want DC in first-person, personally. If it was, I wouldn't be able to see how badass and cool Regina is, yo.
Just take the skeleton of RE6 gameplay and build Dino Crisis on it. It's a perfect match. All the high mobility action of diving and dodge rolls would fit perfectly. Especially the counter system. Build the gameplay on counters and critical hits to set up melee kills.

Then RE6 fans could have something awesome and maybe even have a thread that isn't instantly ruined by the obnoxious-as-fuck anti-RE6 brigade.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly! RE6 style Dino Crisis would be amazing!
Will like Dino?
DC 1 and 2 are available on PS1 as well as Dreamcast and PC. The latter two are better versions (mainly higher resolution and I think some extra costumes) as I understand it, although I've only ever played PS1 and think it's fine. Both games are great, but radically different. DC1 is basically an RE clone with Dinos and a cool heroine as the protagonist, so if you like old-school RE, you'll probably enjoy it and feel right at home. DC2 is a crazy action game with tons of ammo, combos and high scores, the works. I love it, personally, due to the jungle setting, sheer variety of Dinos, and fun gameplay. It's my favorite DC overall, although you may feel differently depending on what you want out of it.

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Edit: I am so sorry, I completely misread that last part.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want dinosaurs back in games so put me on the list for a Dino Crisis return! I'm sending all my energy to Jawmuncher!

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Jaw you never answered the question before. If Dino Crisis were to be brought back, which style would you prefer? Horror or action? For you what would be the dream Dino Crisis revival game?

It's a tricky question lol. I'd be fine with either. At the end of the day I just want the series to return.

However, one of my biggest worries is the series being stuck in REs shadow again. That's something I don't want. I'd like the series to be able to stand alone without it just being labeled "RE but with dinosaurs". Thus I think it needs to be whatever the opposite of mainline RE is. So at this point in time a action game would make more sense. Since a FPS Horror title would just be compared to RE and gives it less room to stand out in a sense.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
As awesome as the new Monster Hunter and Resident Evil 7 is, can you imagine how awesome a new Dino Crisis would be made by the same teams? I'd pledge money to a Kickstarter for that.