• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
As awesome as the new Monster Hunter and Resident Evil 7 is, can you imagine how awesome a new Dino Crisis would be made by the same teams? I'd pledge money to a Kickstarter for that.
Eh Kickstarter projects have been really hit or miss imo. Mighty number 9, bloodstained and who knows when shenmue will ever release. I'd prefer Sony fund it so it's the best it can be. Street fighter 5 is now finally a worthy purchase once the arcade edition hits and same for dmc5 if that rumor is true about Sony funding it too.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
Eh Kickstarter projects have been really hit or miss imo. Mighty number 9, bloodstained and who knows when shenmue will ever release. I'd prefer Sony fund it so it's the best it can be. Street fighter 5 is now finally a worthy purchase once the arcade edition hits and same for dmc5 if that rumor is true about Sony funding it too.
That is a great point. I was just trying to say I'd pay for a Dino Crisis in advance if it meant they would actually make one.

I'll wish harder for Rival School and Darkstalkers
Man, a new Darkstalkers game would be great too. Pretty much any Capcom game would be great actually.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom certainly has the talent for it considering how gorgeous Monster Hunter World looks with it's monster designs, so I'd certainly like to see them try with dinosaurs again.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
What is Dino Crisis' gimmick beyond "Resident Evil with Dinosaurs"? Does it have any distinct gameplay mechanics?

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
I hate these types of responses from companies. Square Enix used to do it a lot too. They know full well that fans have been wanting a proper Dino Crisis sequel for years.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom says it can pretend like they are interested in bringing it back if enough monkeys dance for them.

Eternal Song

Oct 31, 2017
After Dinos in space where could they realistically go? How could they one up that?
There is one clear answer: Stargate.

What if someone were to Photoshop that character's hair red?

If a Dino Crisis game gets made, I want to see Jaw's reaction if someone claims the OT before him.
Nonsense. Jawmuncher holds that claim by default.

Jawmuncher, you'll need a loooot of twitter sock puppet accounts for this.
Why would he need that when he's got a dedicated Dino Crisis subreddit?

Look, I've never played Dino Crisis, but I do have an interest in trying it out, and this is something Jawmuncher has been hoping to see for far too long. You have my sword.

Or my handgun. It's not effective against large dinosaurs, but whatever works.

After all these years you deserve a new Dino Crisis. You never lost hope, you're keeping that fire alive. Gotta keep tweeting man!
We have hope. Rebellions Dino Crisis is built on hope.

T'Challa Shakur

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Capcom fucked around so hard last gen that they have to legit listen and directly communicate with their fans to see what they want. Because they can't risk the alternative and go bankrupt. Likewise they should be dedicated to Quality now more than ever.

Good.

Oct 27, 2017
What is Dino Crisis' gimmick beyond "Resident Evil with Dinosaurs"? Does it have any distinct gameplay mechanics?

Thats basically what the first game is. Second game got a bit more arcadey with a combo meter and i think some more evasive mechanics. 3rd game's claim to fame is that it's in the runnings for worst camera of all time and worst use of static angles of all time.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is Capcom, who would rather make games like Umbrella Corps than an established, known, game fans have been asking years for. Same goes with Outbreak HD.

Oct 28, 2017
So I tweeted at the new capcom Division 1 Twitter (this is the division that handles RE, DMC, and other similar titles) about a chance of Dino Crisis returning. They quoted the reply with this

Might not seem like a big deal. But this is the first time in quite awhile where Capcom Japan has acknowledged the series from my recollection. Most talk of Dino Crisis is usually from the US PR accounts or during an interview for another game. So an actual Japanese PR account acknowledging it is a pretty big deal in my eyes.

If you wanted to analyze the tweet further. I supppse it could be argued that the wording of "wishing" is vastly different than the norm of "if demand is shown" or something similar. But that could just be some lost in translation scenario. Since this is a Japanese account that is thankfully still trying to tweet some bits in English as well.

I'd like to think that Dino Crisis return will happen soon. So much so I made a thread about it here https://www.resetera.com/threads/co...at-dino-crisis-coming-back-in-some-form.1310/

Also they said this about onimusha
8586a73c-b339-431e-b6usbv.jpeg

So I guess if you'd like to "wish" for Dino Crisis returning. Liking and/or retweeting their post would fill the criteria. Or you can do why I do and pray before bed everyday for it as well.

giphy.gif

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, there are many other Capcom franchises that I'd would like to see make a comeback before Dino Crisis...

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They should remaster both games and then make Dino Crisis 3, which does not exist yet.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
They need to remake 2,jungle enviroment and horde of dinosaurs coming out of nowhere.
Shit ton of weapons,make the combat fast so you make a lot of points to increase your combo meter.
As if RE6 and Devil May Cry had a baby.
A slow paced survival horror like 1 would be amazing too,i love both games to death even if they're a little different.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No and that's why it's so awesome! And why we need it more than ever now since classic 3rd person perspective Resident Evil is dead and buried forever seemingly. :/

This game seems to mostly consist of cgi cutscenes?
And what happened to the redhead?
Looks reaaaally bad either way haha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
There is one clear answer: Stargate.

What if someone were to Photoshop that character's hair red?

Nonsense. Jawmuncher holds that claim by default.

Why would he need that when he's got a dedicated Dino Crisis subreddit?

Look, I've never played Dino Crisis, but I do have an interest in trying it out, and this is something Jawmuncher has been hoping to see for far too long. You have my sword.

Or my handgun. It's not effective against large dinosaurs, but whatever works.

We have hope. Rebellions Dino Crisis is built on hope.

Hmmm. The red hair could be something. I'll be changing my avatar tomorrow. But now I'm wondering if I should incorporate takane into a new one as well. Since she might be a bit of a good luck charm for the series now...potentially

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really do hope we get a new Dino Crisis. They are a weary group of fans. They deserve it.

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
Why the huge following over Dino Crisis? I've seen it for quite some time here and I'm just curious what the hype is about.

I had the first one on the PSX. I thought it was decent. I liked the combining of items, similar to resident evil, although here you did it to make chemicals for your darts and medkits.

I would definitely buy a re-release however. A return to classic survival horror.

I thought 2 and 3 were more action-y or something, with much less focus on survival horror. Never seen gameplay of those 2 though. Were they any good, or as good as 1?

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jawmuncher would buy enough copies to have a decent return from investment. :lol

Also, how come your avatar ain't Regina anymore? It feels so weird!

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So the original tweet asking for "wishes" has gained a decent amount of traction. Easily the most for anything Dino Crisis related I've seen in a long time (to be fair it goes back to them never saying much about the series in PR)

On PS4 Reddit the new broke 2800+ upvotes

On twitter the original tweet is at 600+ rts and 1000+ likes

Nothing super crazy. But far more than people would even think for Dino Crisis which gets a lot of jokes of being forgotten. Which goes back to what I've said before. I think interest in DC has always been there. Just there's no real focal point for it due to how little the IP is utilized.

mao2

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry Jawmuncher, but I really can't see Capcom reviving Dino Crisis anytime soon. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get Regina's outfit as a DLC for Monster Hunter: World...