• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Th3rd

Oct 26, 2017
I really want a new Dino Crisis game in glorious MT Framework!!

SmartGenerousAlaskajingle.gif

The groundwork is already there, just needs a little tweak ;D

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
After Jurassic World Capcom really should have fast tracked a Dino Crisis reboot set in a Jurassic Park type environment for release around the Jurassic World sequel.

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
Dino Crisis 3 sold 250,000 a sequel ain't gonna happen

And it had a chance as a Japanese xbox 1 exclusive entry in a franchise that's supposed to be about dinosaurs but on that occasion ended up being about mutants in space?

Capcom could score a hit if they do a proper dinosaur action/adventure game and market it as Resident Evil 4 meets Jurassic World.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Haven't we seen this type of comment from other publishers are dead ups? And nothing ever comes from it.

The guy running the capcom Twitter is likely an intern that doesn't know anything

djshauny1

Oct 27, 2017
Ive never played any of the Dino Crisis games. As a fan of the original Resident Evil games, should I give them a try?

JRoth

Oct 26, 2017
Tell them one person is enough

You're enough Jawmuncher, you are.
Yes

Jawmuncher will carry us all on their backs to the next Dino Crisis game.

If not through sheer force of inhuman strength, then sheer force of willpower!

I, too, do want a revitalized Dino Crisis OP. I just want you to know that.

I am sorry I have not played any of the games yet, I am still working on that promise!

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Ive never played any of the Dino Crisis games. As a fan of the original Resident Evil games, should I give them a try?

DC1 is more Survival Horror like the RE games. While DC2 is more action and is far more akin to say the Mercs mode in RE3.
They're both great at what they do though. I'd say if you're a fan of older RE games they're both well worth trying.
Just know that while they are heavily influenced by RE. They offer enough change to give a hugely new experience.
How were you planning on playing them? Sadly they're not available on PSN if you're in the EU or AU. So the only option
is to get the discs and emulate. But any version of the game is fine (Though if you want the true best version of DC1 it's the Dreamcast version).

Yes

Jawmuncher will carry us all on their backs to the next Dino Crisis game.

If not through sheer force of inhuman strength, then sheer force of willpower!

I, too, do want a revitalized Dino Crisis OP. I just want you to know that.

I am sorry I have not played any of the games yet, I am still working on that promise!

You got plenty of time!

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any time I break a wishbone, or pitch a penny in a wishing well, or rub a genie's lamp, I wish for Capcom to pull its head out of its ass.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd really rather them just tread new ground than try to bring a series back from the dead that isn't really highly requested. That being said, it would be a pleasant surprise.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck didn't they make any new Dino Crisis since 2003? (which had an awful entry)
It's a goddamn RE with dinosaurs, do they really not see the potential?!

In general, this industry needs AAA dinosaur games. WHO DOESN'T LIKE DINOSAURS?!

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh how does Capcom measure how many people are wishing for DC? I don't think they have access to that information in any direct form. Rather, they have to try and access it through a better or worse translation. So I very much doubt that if a certain number of people (enough) wish for DC that it will come about because of that.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's like a fairy and if we believe it'll come back.

I say keep it extinct. Just cause otherwise we'd miss Jawmuncher's passion. Like if Snake got back in smash.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Didn't want to make a new thread just for this. But I found it interesting enough to bump this thread.

Even if talks stalled. It's intersting they were even listening about getting nightdives help to re-release the game. Could be nothing, could be perhaps capcom decided to shift things to be done themselves. An interesting piece to the puzzle regardless.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess you could say the franchise is in some sort of crisis...like it's gonna be texting...like a dino.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom pls.

It hurts my soul that franchises like Shaq Fu and Fucking Bubsy can get revived, you have no excuse.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck didn't they make any new Dino Crisis since 2003? (which had an awful entry)
It's a goddamn RE with dinosaurs, do they really not see the potential?!

In general, this industry needs AAA dinosaur games. WHO DOESN'T LIKE DINOSAURS?!
I think that's actually the problem. They don't know what to do with RE so they don't want another series where they don't know which direction to go...

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Didn't want to make a new thread just for this. But I found it interesting enough to bump this thread.

Even if talks stalled. It's intersting they were even listening about getting nightdives help to re-release the game. Could be nothing, could be perhaps capcom decided to shift things to be done themselves. An interesting piece to the puzzle regardless.

It'll happen one day man. You just got to believe!

Eric Baker

Nov 6, 2017
Wichita, KS
I'm surprised Capcom never thought to do a Dino Crisis reboot in the Resident Evil 4 style. The old Resident Evil style was horrible for Dino Crisis, and it really could've benefited from the more action-oriented design of that game.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

ja stop

Harken Raiser

Oct 25, 2017
Jaw, you just need to spearhead an extremely impressive and professional looking Dino Crisis fan remake that Capcom will have no choice but to shut down, but which will then convince them that there's demand for a new Dino Crisis game.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I bought a sealed collectors edition of the PS1 2 game bundle from Japan, and it on PSN just recently. That's how much I want it Capcom!

Actually... just realized I bought two copies within two years lol.