• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
I feel Dino crisis and onimusha are givens at this point

Even if it's a Dino remake of 1 or 2

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty much down for anything from capcom at this point. They seem to be able to do no wrong. And there is certainly a huge lack of dinosaurs in video games today so sign me up!

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
A lot of DC fans may hate this but I would love a Dino Crisis that's just Resident Evil 7 with dinosaurs. Walking down a photorealistic hallway and having a raptor burst through a wall and chase you down sounds so sick. Or a T-Rex sticks its head out of a window and you have to shoot it as it grabs you like Marguerite.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

At this point, they are just being abusive. Don't take this, Jaw, they are fucking with your emotions!

A lot of DC fans may hate this but I would love a Dino Crisis that's just Resident Evil 7 with dinosaurs. Walking down a photorealistic hallway and having a raptor burst through a wall and chase you down sounds so sick. Or a T-Rex sticks its head out of a window and you have to shoot it as it grabs you like Marguerite.

Well, we can ask the entire fanbase and see how they feel about this idea. So... what is your take, Jawmuncher? Good or bad idea?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I don't want to piss on everyone's hopes and dreams, this wouldn't really make sense for capcom to do this. Dino crisis didn't really sell all that much.

They've shown enough to be considered acapcom platinum franchise. So maybe not crazy numbers to come back to. But more than enough to give it a chance of a revival. Especially when you consider Bionic Commando came back with less and I love that game.

At this point, they are just being abusive. Don't take this, Jaw, they are fucking with your emotions!

Well, we can ask the entire fanbase and see how they feel about this idea. So... what is your take, Jawmuncher? Good or bad idea?

It's not a bad idea per se. the only issue is should Dino Crisis have to live in the shadow of Resident Evil once more? Even now DC 1 and 2 are considered RE clones (even though 1 has many differences and 2 is an action game). My worry for the series coming back is that I don't want to see people consider the series just a reskin. There's a lot of potential in numerous different types and it'll be interesting how it goes.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017

As much as I dogged on RE6 in the past, with the agility of those glorious reptiles a game that plays like RE6 is a perfect fit.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I dogged on RE6 in the past, with the agility of those glorious reptiles a game that plays like RE6 is a perfect fit.

Personally, I would want the series to be more of a tense survival horror game than an over-the-top action game. However, with Resident Evil being back to horror, I would be cool with Dino Crisis being action-oriented (which is where the series ended up going anyway). In all honesty, I would be pretty happy to see the series return.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An Onimusha and Dino Crisis remake deserve to happen before RE3. They'd both sell tremendously well. Dino Crisis would be the perfect blend of action, adventure, survival and horror. I'd vote for a little more action in the game though for fans of Dino Crisis 2 or maybe release it as a compilation game, that combines both DC1 and DC2 into a single remake.

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok Capcom, if 39,000 people on ERA wish and wish can you put this game into pre-production...because we fucking need it!

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
I believe now is actually the best time for a DC remake, more than ever. Utilize the engine being used for the new RE2 and you have a million plus unit seller on your hands.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
While this isn't anything major, I thought it was interesting enough to bump the thread.

This was during the NHK tour of the Capcom offices.

LastCupOfBullets

Alt account
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Just Tweeted them: Dino CrisisをNintendo Switch用に作ってください

私のエネルギーはあなたのものです

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bet there are people on this forum whose only knowledge of Dino Crisis comes from Jawmuncher's frequent posts about it.

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if a Capcom employee reads Resetera and specifically does these things just to see your reaction :)

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Dino Crisis speaks for itself. They've made enough clear advancements in tech and controls that the fact that it isn't a lock for a new game is pretty wild. It's a super easy sell and would give them another franchise to lean on.

I'm a teacher and let me tell you—KIDS LOVE DINOSAURS. People would go nuts for a haunted house non-sandbox dinosaur game.

Oct 28, 2017
What's going to happen to Jaw once Dino Crisis comes out? Will he go in to a deep depression once he realises he has everything he wanted and now feels empty inside?

Has Jaw thought about what he wants after Dino Crisis?

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
Dino Crisis remake in the vein and style of Resident Evil 2 Remake, PLEASE, Capcom. For Jawmuncher, for all of us.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
9655888897a1e4e9ef02674e353051f0.jpg

Jawmuncher every night.

Me too every other night.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
That in VR (like RE7) would be so good... :P

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I don't care about this series but I'll wish it from the bottom of my heart for you, Jawmuncher.

For real tho, Capcom is back, I expect a Dino Crisis reboot as launch title for PS5, alongside Rival Schools 4 and Deep Down.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I've been running around with this shirt for weeks now, trying to subtly influence people into waking up one day thinking "Hey...wait...I really want a new Dino Crisis!" Also, it's rad as hell.

product_dinocrisis_shirt_main_1024x1024.png

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Dino Crisis remake in the vein and style of Resident Evil 2 Remake, PLEASE, Capcom. For Jawmuncher, for all of us.

This is what I'd like to see rather than an upscaled remaster. The IP deserves another shot, based on my gut feeling and nothing else, it would be a killer hit on current hardware, I mean it's got Dinos in it.

Remade DC in that new spiffy Resi engine and then a new DC title preferably not set in space. Takemymoney

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I'd like to see rather than an upscaled remaster. The IP deserves another shot, based on my gut feeling and nothing else, it would be a killer hit on current hardware, I mean it's got Dinos in it.

Remade DC in that new spiffy Resi engine and then a new DC title preferably not set in space. Takemymoney

God, imagine how horrifying they'd be in that fidelity, at that increased speed, in the dark. We need it.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I fear if DC ever comes back, Jawmuncher will go into a coma with all the emotions.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If this is true, I prefer by far a remake of Dino Crisis (with the RE2 engine) instead of RE3 Remake.

giphy.gif

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Like Mega Man Legends 3? Forgive me if I don't believe you, Capcom.