• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So I tweeted at the new capcom Division 1 Twitter (this is the division that handles RE, DMC, and other similar titles) about a chance of Dino Crisis returning. They quoted the reply with this

Might not seem like a big deal. But this is the first time in quite awhile where Capcom Japan has acknowledged the series from my recollection. Most talk of Dino Crisis is usually from the US PR accounts or during an interview for another game. So an actual Japanese PR account acknowledging it is a pretty big deal in my eyes.

If you wanted to analyze the tweet further. I supppse it could be argued that the wording of "wishing" is vastly different than the norm of "if demand is shown" or something similar. But that could just be some lost in translation scenario. Since this is a Japanese account that is thankfully still trying to tweet some bits in English as well.

I'd like to think that Dino Crisis return will happen soon. So much so I made a thread about it here https://www.resetera.com/threads/co...at-dino-crisis-coming-back-in-some-form.1310/

Also they said this about onimusha
8586a73c-b339-431e-b6usbv.jpeg

So I guess if you'd like to "wish" for Dino Crisis returning. Liking and/or retweeting their post would fill the criteria. Or you can do why I do and pray before bed everyday for it as well.

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If a lot of people ask for (which is hard to say, because Dino Crisis is not a huge thing), maybe they'll port the first two games to Steam. Maybe the third one.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, not to crush your hopes (although you always seem pretty realistic), it's not like they're going to respond with "We're not going to make one."

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
Which is what every developer says about every old IP when people ask.

I honestly never put too much credit in this, as it's a typical PR way to respond while not giving an actual answer. Even more so in Japan.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Apparently just enough people wished for capcom to make another megaman game. It only took years since megaman 10. Thats the hurdle you dino crisis fans have to climb over. Good luck.

Kayo Police

Nov 4, 2017
I didnt realized OP was jawmuncher because of the non dino crisis avatar, didnt know Jaw was into 2D Idols.
1x

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
These replies just show us how Capcom devs are good people and they would be really happy to make new DC or Onimusha games.

It's Capcom bosses who will always say no.

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably the meanest generic PR response because it gives some fans hope, but also sets up an impossible and undefined barrier to overcome. like get 100k people to sign a petition? get a million people to buy the games on PSN? 10000000 likes on the tweet?

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never got why this series died in the first place. Were they not big sellers? You'd think a RE4-style game with dinosaurs would sell itself

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After all these years you deserve a new Dino Crisis. You never lost hope, you're keeping that fire alive. Gotta keep tweeting man!

Hellraider

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
They missed their biggest chance to release a new Dino Crisis since the Playstation era two years ago and I still doubt they'll actually capitalize on their second biggest chance that's about to come in 2018. What an embarrassing husk of a company.