• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the PC release should help MHW sales (which are huge already) more this fiscal year. With more FREE monsters, updates and perhaps the much anticipated G rank, this could easily sell above 10 million LTD.

I'm sure it will a bit but for the console counterparts I don't think a change will happen with how it's going

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I think the PC release should help MHW sales (which are huge already) more this fiscal year. With more FREE monsters, updates and perhaps the much anticipated G rank, this could easily sell above 10 million LTD.
I believe it's now the third time at least you've said that in this thread.
From Zhuge's long explanation:
New major title launches this year include Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil Remake 2. The expectations for new games this year is fairly low with a target of 7.4m unit sales, this number also includes other new titles such as MM11 and MHW PC which are not expected to become million sellers this year. Essentially it means that Capcom isn't really expecting its major titles this year to be on the same level as past hits and again there is the worry that these titles don't really do anything to grow post launch engagement and spend or help out in other growing segments like esports.
Well, to be fair at least this time you said "LTD" (which could be in years) rather than this year like before.

LogN-

Oct 30, 2017
So, this is how the stock market works. The game performed very well, holding a two month number one spot. However, as time into the year has expanded investors and firms are worried that the title has now been faded to obscurity and it only capitalized for it's release window. Likely they're afraid of the sustainability of the game, likely mostly in the West and what the future looks like. Just because you release a big hit doesn't mean the company is doing well or can continue to perform, given Capcom's track record it was likely too much of a surge for the success of MHW and things are calming back down as reality sets in.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
By the way, Capcom's stock have fully recovered from the drop mentioned in the OP:
UeKc7pd.png

Mar 17, 2018
So, this is how the stock market works. The game performed very well, holding a two month number one spot. However, as time into the year has expanded investors and firms are worried that the title has now been faded to obscurity and it only capitalized for it's release window. Likely they're afraid of the sustainability of the game, likely mostly in the West and what the future looks like. Just because you release a big hit doesn't mean the company is doing well or can continue to perform, given Capcom's track record it was likely too much of a surge for the success of MHW and things are calming back down as reality sets in.

The stock is back to where it was before. So much for that hypothesis lol.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously stock holders realize now's the time to invest just before Capcom re-releases Mega Man X7 to the world!

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Guys the stock market has forward thinking priced in. A game could sell 20 million copies - thats priced in. What this is likely in relation to is the forward catalogue. Investors may be spooked sales will slow in the future, and Capcom does not have a huge pipeline of games coming forward, which means future revenue could be lower than the priced in amount of the current stock.

Its rational.

Edit: And I see its gone back up. Clearly other investors felt the drop was not warrented and bought more stock on the cheap. Also rational behavior. The two investors have a different view of the future, but are acting within their own rational thinking.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Stock trade is glorified clairvoyance. More news at 11.
It doesn't really matter though because in a forum filled with people who don't really understand or care about the stock market, these threads are mostly just thinly (or in this thread's case, not thinly at all) veiled concern trolling console war threads. It served its purpose at the time.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't really matter though because in a forum filled with people who don't really understand or care about the stock market, these threads are mostly just thinly (or in this thread's case, not thinly at all) veiled concern trolling console war threads. It served its purpose at the time.
And Capcom stock restored faster than OP's ban lmao

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO

Capcom Stock goes down by 11.3% - Pages of discussion .. Capcom is doomed.

Capcom Stock goes back up by 11.3% - Ehh w/e

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
By the way, Capcom's stock have fully recovered from the drop mentioned in the OP:
UeKc7pd.png

Did they release something recently? Im nkt gonna claim I know anything about how stocks work, but fluctuation is based in activity, right? And I can't think of anything major. Except like... Cody, but a DLC character wouldn't do that.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Did they release something recently? Im nkt gonna claim I know anything about how stocks work, but fluctuation is based in activity, right? And I can't think of anything major. Except like... Cody, but a DLC character wouldn't do that.

Perhaps people just thought it was undervalued and it was a good time to buy. You got news of RE2 winning E3 awards and MHW preorders doing 1m in China. So maybe that convinced enough people.

Edigar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Some shareholders sell their stocks at a high price, then spread the narrative of the risk, wait, then buy at low, making alot money. Nice.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I'd love to see Capcom experiment on the switch console, as they did with the Nintendo ds but one can only dream.

Ciaran

Banned
Apr 17, 2018
Capcom is operating at the highest quality it has for pretty much a decade and the sales seem to reflect that, and their stock goes down?

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps read the discussions too since Aquamarine provided excellent info to why some may be concerned with Capcom and why there was discussion.

Not saying there isn't a discussion to be had. But stock value constantly fluctuates based on news. So you could have a thread every day based on these fluctuations and discuss why it keeps changing.

It just seemed funny to me that negative news gets so much discussion and posts like this one.
Well deaerved

Hugely incompetent publisher

But when things go up , the discussion stops. And if you see the earlier replies to my posts , it seems it was the OPs intention to troll with this thread anyway.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not saying there isn't a discussion to be had. But stock value constantly fluctuates based on news. So you could have a thread every day based on these fluctuations and discuss why it keeps changing.

It just seemed funny to me that negative news gets so much discussion and posts like this one.
I realize what the thread was used for, to create a contrast to how people react to Nintendo stocks and other companies. It was done in bad faith but it was still new news with important bits of info as to why they lowered Capcom to underperforming and citing MHW as a risk. You'll also notice plenty of people who kept saying "who cares about legs" and variations of in this thread where longevity was the entire point of marking them down.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Most hilarious things was all the "MHW had disappointing legs compared to the 3DS games" posts in this thread despite it selling more than 3 millions past its launch month, more than any other MH game did life time post launch month except maybe Portable 3rd on the PSP!

Zelda collaboration in Generations Ultimate.
Yep, you can see the stock climb slowing down just as the Zelda collaboration was announced. ;)

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most hilarious things was all the "MHW had disappointing legs compared to the 3DS games" posts in this thread despite it selling more than 3 millions past its launch month, more than any other MH game did life time post launch month except maybe Portable 3rd on the PSP!
That's the whole point of the mark down. They were hoping for a similar slow decline as past titles and not be something so entirely front loaded. The needle has largely not moved for MHW. It will once the PC version comes, but even then the stockholders that lowered Capcom also felt a lack of confidence that the PC version will be the shot in the arm for extended longevity.

And Capcom has done poorly with their post-game GaaS model of MHW to keep people engaged with the product.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
That's the whole point of the mark down. They were hoping for a similar slow decline as past titles and not be something so entirely front loaded. The needle has largely not moved for MHW. It will once the PC version comes, but even then the stockholders that lowered Capcom also felt a lack of confidence that the PC version will be the shot in the arm for extended longevity.
This is exactly what I'm pointing out. Saying MHW post launch performance is disappointing compared to expectations is one thing. Saying it's disappointing compared to past titles is just people pushing their "should have stayed on handheld" agenda since non of the past MH games moved 3 millions in only 5 months post release!

Status
Not open for further replies.