• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

e745335872.png

https://www.ft.com/content/4b83c9fc-83fc-11e8-96dd-fa565ec55929

"significant risk of sales decline" for its flagship Monster Hunter title.
"Although cumulative sales volume is growing steadily, we get the impression the popularity of Monster Hunter is dying down sixth months after its release,"

Yeah Basically they are burning World for their lack of Legs...

Last edited:

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
A "risk"? Interesting. Clearly there was some expectation for the game that looks to not be met. Perhaps Japan legs?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"This is our best selling game ever. We fucked up I guess!"

Return of ridiculous sale expectations Capcom.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Stock holders are such fickle beings.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
huh ? They mean the risk of sales not matching up the projections of MHW's lifetime sales in the future ?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well with only Mega Man 11 and a couple of MH ports in the imminent future I can understand stock dropping, but I don't understand it to this extent nor why the word 'risk' is being used in this context.

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think Western gamers are going to be as receptive to the DLC stuff Capcom likes to do with their MH games too.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Makes little sense, it's Capcom's best selling game ever and a PC version is on the horizon which will surely do good too.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is this related to the PC release?

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess what shareholders fear is that sales of future entries are going to drop sharply and that they're not gonna be able to maintain yearly releases. I am not sure how justified those fears are.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Mr. Market is in one of his irrational panic states again.

Or, Capcom is doomed, just like Nintendo!!!!!!!!!!!!! /s

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Not being available on Switch had to of hurt the lifetime sales of the game, particularly in Japan.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And people taking stocks as the gospel in the Nintendo thread. The market is incredibly fickle and investors might be spooked because expectations are high after initial World sales on consoles but nothing really following that bar PC release. Who the hell knows really.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Risk being that sales fell flat unlike previous games I guess, which weren't as front loaded.
Still stupid from investors considering the massive sales + new monetisation that previous games didn't have.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Maybe they're worried about MHW PC and MHXX US cannibalizing each other's sales? I was planning on getting both but now that they're coming out 3 weeks apart I have to choose one over the other. Maybe I'm overestimating things since they are on separate platforms.

Chalfonts

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Low Effort Drive-by + History of similar infractions
Well deaerved

Hugely incompetent publisher

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe because it dropped off the Japanese charts quicker than 3DS releases

Last edited:

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the DLC model of world is just downright shit. I guess under a GaaS perspective the game is not doing exactly well and is declining sales.

fiskyfisko

Mar 23, 2018
Yes, not releasing G-rank with the pc release is a big big risk. Tbh this doesn't make any sense.

Also lol lunch break is op.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Probably because Cap is treating the game like a standard release instead of keeping the game alive with constant updates. The cross over characters are not enough. They should have had a raid in this game a long time ago, Expansions announced, etc. think out the box.

You gotta be ready to support games like this for the long haul. Best mp game this year imo, but it got old fast.

Oct 28, 2017
It's worth noting that Capcom stock pretty much doubled the past year (from Jul 2017) so the expectations where sky high so 11% isn't that crazy.

Honestly, this says more about the investors than Capcom themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.