• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I was hoping they'd have the opportunity to fix the mistake that was Dead rising 4, damn.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
So what did they cancel? They already canned a new ip and something else I thought? New Dead Rising gone too? Admittedly I've no idea how much 4.5bn yen is, significant enough to release this i guess

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Ouch, doesn't sounds good for the studio, hope the people are able to find another project or another job soon enough. Something like this usually leads to a large number of firings.

I thought Capcom was doing quite well overall so surprised this is happening.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
A shame, but not super unexpected I guess. Hope everyone is able to quickly find more work.

DR4 seemed like a complete disaster.

Oct 27, 2017
There were several projects in works at Capcom Vancouver some time ago. I believe they have canceled everything but Dead Rising 5 in fact. Otherwise, the whole studio would have been shut down.

By the way, they are not changing the overall forecast since MH World is doing even better than expected on Steam.

Regarding Capcom's full-year business forecast, due to factors including the continued robust performance of the PC version of Monster Hunter: World exceeding the company's expectations since its release on the Steam platform in August, following the blockbuster performance of the title after its initial release in January of this year, the forecast for Capcom's consolidated business results remains the same as what was projected at the financial results announcement on May 8, 2018.

Oct 27, 2017
3 and 4 disappointed fans like myself, and if I were to guess they probably disappointed sales wise.

Personally Dead rising was a series I adored when it first started but went meh on from the second game on. I only truly loved the first one so I guess I never liked the Vancouver branch's efforts much, still sucks to see what is probably hard work cancelled though.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why didn't they port Puzzle Fighter to other platforms

well I guess that means Dead Rising is dead (rising)

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
It absolutely sucks that people will lose their jobs but Dead Rising was getting worse with each game.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's awful but I'm ok with this, never loved Desd Rising and I hope that Vancouver works on something that mght appeal to me now.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It sucks...but at the same its not really surprising.
Lets hope the people there find new gigs as soon as possible or already are at new places.

Double

Nov 1, 2017
That's what happens when you develop Dead Rising 4.

Hope everyone will be ok

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the devs from here find places where they are able to make good games, because Dead Rising 2-4 were definitely not that.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
That sucks, but were they really doing Dead Rising 5? DR4's reception was so flaccid that I don't know if there'd be a market for DR5 anyway.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is sad. I was hoping DR5 can go back to DR3 style and I will be there on Day 1.
Before termination, why not contact Microsoft [Phil] to ask whether they want to fund the game in order to continue the development.
Dead Rising is always very tied to MS [Xbox]. Would be sad this series end up like this.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't they get a game cancelled before working on DR4 too?
Dead Rising is such a badly managed franchise at this point that I don't think anyone could save.

Oct 25, 2017
With this and ono no longer being at the head of their fighting games division it seems like someone at Capcom is done tolerating bombas

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
They had my sympathy since they like puzzle fighter but yeah, not a big surprise considering other news =\

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I think DR 5 is still alive, they cancelled other projects, because Capcom Vancouver is still running, they didn't close the studio.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
So MHW on Steam was able to cover the cost of the termination of these projects? So they cancel out sort of a thing?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
4 Dead Rising games

but only 1 Dragon's Dogma

every day we stray further from god's plan

BroodShadow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that sounds about right, pretty much everything they made was not great quality wise so i'm not surprised the dead rising games they made did not sell all that well.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
That's unfortunate for those employees. Never like to see someone lose their job. I hope Dead Rising isn't one of the projects cancelled and I hope the studio doesn't close.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
LordKano
They didn't cancel DR5, they said "untitled projects", DR5 is titled and Capcom didn't close Capcom Vancouver.