• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Well maybe they couldn't do that due to contractual obligations with Sony, and thus decided not to show it at all...

Maybe Sony said, you either show the game on PS5, or not at all.

I highly doubt that lol.

the game is in active development and now people are realizing maybe it was just revealed too early and this is just the growing pains of dev.

Dusk did claim they would be playing on PC that clearly isn't happening.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Wow, at least they are selling those god awful tshirts that look like they were made using like photoshop

Oct 27, 2017
V35BhVF.png

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Summary of the demo from cvxfreak's translation:
-Near the beginning of Village is a survival sequence with a few buildings to travel between. Very RE4.
-Attacked by a bunch of Beast Men here, can group up as a pack & attack you, or individually, behavior changes.
-There is a big enemy in the fight too (probably the one with a giant hammer) who stalks you through the fight.
-If you stay in houses for too long, the Beast Men begin to burn the house down with you inside.
-Not enough ammo for how many enemies there are, have to use the environment to slow & stun them.
-Can push things like bookcases in front of doors.
-Enemies can drop a type of crafting item that if you get enough of, you can turn into different kinds of ammo.
-There is a shotgun you can get in this sequence.
-Some of the Beast Men are naked.

Oct 30, 2017
I really don't understand why they didn't show gameplay demo of RE8.... it's TGS and it's one of their biggest most well known franchises and coming next year....

What the hell Capcom ?!

I honestly thought they showing gameplay demo of RE8 is given 100%.

Oct 27, 2017
-Near the beginning of Village is a survival sequence with a few buildings to travel between. Very RE4.
-Attacked by a bunch of Beast Men here, can group up as a pack & attack you, or individually, behavior changes.
-There is a big enemy in the fight too (probably the one with a giant hammer) who stalks you through the fight.
-If you stay in houses for too long, the Beast Men begin to burn the house down with you inside.
-Not enough ammo for how many enemies there are, have to use the environment to slow & stun them.
-Enemies can drop a type of crafting item that if you get enough of, you can turn into different kinds of ammo.
-There is a shotgun you can get in this sequence. -Some of the Beast Men are naked.
Thanks for this.

Seems like it was really intense. If only they actually showed it...

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Sometimes I still wonder how this industry become the leader industry in entertainment but still keep doing things in such child way...

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Like what i'm reading, specially the bolded.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am totally playing Bloodborne 2 alpha on my PS5 system, too bad you cannot see how good it looks.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I still wonder how this industry become the leader industry in entertainment but still keep doing things in such child way...
Record breaking profits doesn't translate to record breaking maturity.

Actually, this may as well be the software industry in a nutshell.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
The publisher isn't doing themselves any favors by playing the game on stream and not showing it.

I mean... we've seen the trailers.. we've seen the game running like shit on PS5. Seems logical they aren't showing it because it runs like shit currently.

Game was supposed to be showcased running smoothy on PC though, this has nothing to do with PS5.
And things like contractual obligations should have been known since forever, it's not a last minute impediment.
Seems like Capcom simply isn't ready to showcase the gameplay live at all. Maybe the game is rough all around, also gameplay wise.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Record breaking profits doesn't translate to record breaking maturity.

Actually, this may as well be the software industry in a nutshell.

Yes.
I really love video games!!
But sometimes I wondering if the way things are made in this industry nowadays are strange for me because I am just a little old for the industry ( I am 41).
Maybe, even if me and many of my age love games, it's a hobby targeted to a younger audience.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing there's a timer before the fight ends just like RE4. Would be cool if it also ends with a bell ringing. Maybe there's also a kill requirement when playing using infinite ammo/OP cheat weapons/NG+ so that you can end the fight quicker.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.
I really love video games!!
But sometimes I wondering if the way things are made in this industry nowadays are strange for me because I am just a little old for the industry ( I am 41).
Maybe, even if me and many of my age love games, it's a hobby targeted to a younger audience.
This has been just bad marketing no matter what year it is.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
So before the devs played Village, did they out right say that they wouldn't show it, or did they just dive into gameplay and not tell the stream?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing there's a timer before the fight ends just like RE4. Would be cool if it also ends with a bell ringing. Maybe there's also a kill requirement when playing using infinite ammo/OP cheat weapons/NG+ so that you can end the fight quicker.
From what I heard there is a guy on a horse that picks the beast men up with a hook or something then goes away.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Totally worth it just for that one slash Vergil did at the end of those valuable 10 seconds, don't know what that is but Vergil hype continues

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017