• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

While this is from May 5th, noticed there wasn't a thread.

Additional Trademark Countries
Yep! "Capcom Arcade Stadium" was trademarked in the following countries:
Though if it's an arcade collection, it wouldn't fall into what Capcom defines as a "major" release. IIRC Mega Man 11 also wasn't a major release.

This obviously sounds like a Capcom Arcade Collection of some sort (Which Capcom is no stranger to). However the addition of "Stadium" seems to imply this might relate to their fighting games and perhaps other cult classics. So stuff like Cyberbots, Red earth, Gigawing and more that couldn't really work in their own collections might be featured here.

As there's a whole period of Capcom Arcade Classics that have yet to see ports along with an easy way to play them. If we're really lucky it'll include the AVP Arcade Game since that was included in the Capcom Home Arcade recently.
aa7b0d59c54e25f4ee5c1ee01c47b22b.gif

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
haha i came into this thread excited for AVP. OP does not disappoint

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
MAN I'd pay some top money for Mega Man Power Battle in current platforms.

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm..

Have a feeling it's gonna be "digital worldwide, but physical in Japan" again.

Do you think we'll ever see that home arcade joystick thing outside of Europe?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Stadium makes me think competitive, but not fighters because otherwise they'd just say that.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I have yet to see it besides importing. I know I'll break and get it eventually (due to being a Megaman whore) but it seems like all EUR game shops are blocking shipping to the US (for obvious reasons, of course)

Just went looking and noticed the same, that's so odd.
I sure wouldn't want to pay the price it was in the UK, but i'd easily slap $150 on it if they brought it over here.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, my mind went to Capcom Arcade Cabinet & something similar considering the only PS4/X1 arcade collections are that Beat-em-up one & that SF anniversary collection. Hell, I can see them just porting CAC & adding some extra games. Though it sure would be nice to have more '90s titles/early 2000s stuff that hasn't gotten as many ports.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Stadium makes me think competitive, but not fighters because otherwise they'd just say that.

I do think it'll definitely be a "catch-all" kind of thing as I can't think of too many games they have that are competitive but aren't fighters. But you can sort of stretch that out if all these games have online leaderboards. Lets you keep the competitive angle while putting whatever you want in there.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I like the name of that!
I loved the previous M2 developed Capcom arcade collection on the PS360.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this on twitter a while ago. I don't know what to make of the "Stadium" part. Standalone hardware? Something esports related? A Stadia exclusive? The words "Capcom" and "Arcade" next to each other make me pretty excited though.

I like the name of that!
I loved the previous M2 developed Capcom arcade collection on the PS360.
Yeah that package was amazing, especially for the price you can get it on sale for.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that Marvel vs Capcom 2 has been announced as part of EVO Online should definitely raise some eyebrows since it's no longer purchasable...

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Did it that not get a US release still?

Did they ever clear up the questionable legality of the emulator used?

For some reason, my mind went to Capcom Arcade Cabinet & something similar considering the only PS4/X1 arcade collections are that Beat-em-up one & that SF anniversary collection. Hell, I can see them just porting CAC & adding some extra games. Though it sure would be nice to have more '90s titles/early 2000s stuff that hasn't gotten as many ports.

CAC runs on XBO under BC.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I know technically MvC2 had the most characters and technically was an evolution of all that had gone before, but I don't know what it is - I just found it one of my least favourite ones

Marvel Super Heroes, XCOTA, MvSf I found more satisfying but i suspect I'm gonna be SoL

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope this is some sort of modern classics collection since so many of Capcom's arcade games aren't on modern platforms. Or just a Red Earth port, I've been asking for one for years! I'd take anything to be honest, the more Capcom the merrier.