• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So first it was Sega visiting Microsoft, and now it's Capcom. What could this be about? Could this be about RE7 and the missing Xbox One Patch? Are more backwards compatibility titles coming to Xbox from Sega and Capcom? Exclusive ports? Talks for what to present at E3? Whatever the case, it's interesting that several high profile Japanese publishers seem to be visiting with Microsoft. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few other companies visit as well. We know early last generation Microsoft tried to break into the Japanese market, could this be a renewed effort? At least here on ResetEra, the lack of japanese titles seem to be a big strike on the system for many. So much so that last year Phil Spencer apparently made a trip to Japan to entice more developers. However, Capcom in-general already supports to system probably more so than any other Japanese Developer. This is an interesting development to be sure. What do you think?

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I'd have thought a third party publisher visiting a platform manufacturer was a common occurrence, no?

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Okay? They visited MS headquarters.

I dont get what the big deal is. Sega did as well. MS has very close relationships with both these companies. Didnt Sega allow MS to hire Creative Assembly to make Halo wars 2?

Dont get me wrong. I think 3rd party relationships are great. But its over analyzing IMO.

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Hmmm what is going on.
My two favorite companies both visiting MS.
This is a chance for Microsoft to do something amazing here. Not sure what exactly but the potential is there.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Probably just visiting MS about E3 plans, makes sense to visit 343 and Turn10 considering they are on campus.

BlandrewYT

Nov 27, 2017
Sticking to my theory: Dreamcast games coming to XBOX ONE. Microsoft is really about being a legacy console with XBOX, XBOX 360, and XBOX ONE games being playable on one platform. Dreamcast just seems like the next natural step since a lot of people consider OG XBOX to be a continuation of Dreamcast in the first place. Probably meeting to get games like Power Stone, Marvel vs CAPCOM, CAPCOM vs SNK, etc.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Okay? They visited MS headquarters.

I dont get what the big deal is. Sega did as well. MS has very close relationships with both these companies. Didnt Sega allow MS to hire Creative Assembly to make Halo wars 2?

Dont get me wrong. I think 3rd party relationships are great. But its over analyzing IMO.

Both companies visiting back to back though? It's definitely curious to say the very least.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
MS should be trying to get them to put some exclusive Xbox stuff in MH considering everything Sony is getting.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom will continue to do business with their business partner they've been doing business with for years?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Men, first Microsoft is visiting Sega to buy it and now Capcom goes to Microsoft to do the same

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Could Microsoft actually have something worth talking about at E3?

I think that's a possibility. Just getting the right reveals, even when multiplat can help a E3 show a lot.
I know none of the big 3 talk about "winning" E3. But I think even MS would like one of their shows to be more highly regarded. Can't recall them really having a big show since gamescom way back.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling MS is trying to fund /secure some major titles as exclusives or trying to get them to support game pass with their bigger and newer titles either way it's good to see they still got a good working relationship.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft campuses are kind of like school campuses in that people are always coming and going for visits and industry outreach. I'm not saying it means nothing, but people read way too much into this.

ARC-2R

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I'm still disappointed about never getting to properly experience LoC. That's what I get for coming to the game so late.

The concept was great and some added mechanics like shutting down the VT to a low power state to lay ambushes were really cool but lacking anyone to system link to and with highly under-populated online, it was hard to get matches. I kinda walked away having only really found matches with Korean players who KOS'd/TK American players. I sold that disc heh.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Ya, I'm sure Capcom went there to iron out details on the RE7 patch

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very unlikely to happen:

a) Microsoft buying the next exclusive Street Fighter

b) Microsoft buying the Marvel vs Capcom franchise

c) Dino Crisis 4 exclusive to Xbox

d) Master Chief hack and slash game ala Devil May Cry