• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
5940e9f6-9a57-4e3a-bzzkdq.jpeg

The image above is from the recent Capcom Showcase Survey. While this might not seem like a big deal to some, considering everything on this list is essentially active in some form (Whether it be new games, ports, or merchandise). Breath of Fire and Dino Crisis stick out among the rest and in the case of Dino Crisis, I can't remember the last time it was ever officially listed on a list like this (Recently it was found it might be coming to PS Premium).

Personally I'm still holding out hope that exoprimal will lead into new Dino Crisis developments myself.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I am definitely going to tell them that I like Breath of Fire, thank you.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tired of these "tell us what franchises you care about so we can ignore them and keep making more of our currently popular ones instead" surveys. Have any of them ever led to dead IP coming back to life?

I'm so scarred by Darkstalkers, Breath of Fire and Dead Rising's deaths that I just have no hope anymore.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I do not like those two and I am glad they are gone...

...but where's Ace Attorney!?

I'm so tired of these "tell us what franchises you care about so we can ignore them and keep making more of our currently popular ones instead" surveys. Have any of them ever led to dead IP coming back to life?

I'm so scarred by Darkstalkers, Breath of Fire and Dead Rising's deaths that I just have no hope anymore.

What Capcom Franchise do you like?

• Monster Hunter
  • Street Fighter
  • Resident Evil

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Recent example is Soul Hackers being brought back 25 years later for a sequel, in large part due to these kinds of surveys.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Dino Crisis with 3rd person RE gameplay would be a hit, not sure why they don't try it.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Exoprimal is them testing the waters to see if people like Dinos still, right?

Please, Capcom, at least release DC1 and DC2 on PSN.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"We heard you, fans, & we're pleased to announce ports of Dino Crisis, Dino Crisis 2, Breath of Fire 3, and Breath of Fire 4, exclusive to PS+ Premium"

I would totally be up for BoF3 & 4 despite having them on my Vita.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
They need to release Dragon Quarter again so that people can realize how good of a game it is in a post-Souls world.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
"We heard you, fans, & we're pleased to announce ports of Dino Crisis, Dino Crisis 2, Breath of Fire 3, and Breath of Fire 4, exclusive to PS+ Premium"

This is exactly what's going to happen. Not enough people are getting games in franchises like BoF or Dead Rising to actually vote for them in sufficient enough numbers for Capcom to care. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I would take this survey if they didn't want me to signup :/

... I wouldn't have ticked Dino Crisis though, soz.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Out of all those games, Breath of Fire deserves another chance the most. An excellent JRPG series that was just killed for no reason. Dragon Quarter was an amazing game but was just too different to how most JRPGs were at the time. If that game came out today it would've been a hit. We need a new BoF.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, you guys are being pessimistic! If we let then know how much we love Dino Crisis and BoF, we'll get a new entry in both series.... on mobile... that's a Candy Crush rip-off.

How could you not be hopeful?

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I could get a Breath of Fire the quality that Capcom has been pumping out, then I would be over the moon. I would buy it multiple times.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The wallpaper at the end of the survey is pretty rad

b8Icwvj.png

okami is the new re4. theyll just keep rereleasing it till the end of time until they decide to remake it except theyll remake it in the realistic style that is shown in old footage
Shit, I'll take it. I just want something.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Yes I love Breath of Fire, a new non mobile game would be great.

8xbhKKn.gif

Filled out the survey, hope it helps.

Last edited:
>no strider, marvel

god, why?
Marvel really isn't up to them for obvious reasons. Strider also isn't a given since the manga studio behind that adaptation of Strider needs to be involved in the decision making, which is why it doesn't show up as often as other Capcom franchises and why they're always credited when he does show up elsewhere.

Jesus, hope really is lost for Viewtiful Joe.