• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But I definitely get it. A quality plug-in arcade setup is gonna cost quite a bit, regardless of the actual games themselves. And it makes sense for a game like AvP to be reserved for this sort of treatment to skirt possible rights issues, even if it comes off like really shitty baiting. You really gotta be into this sort of thing to jump in unless they really go all out.

What gets me is that I'd easily pay double the price of the Beat 'em Up and Street Fighter collections if they released even just these five known games in a similar quality bundle to those. But now, even ignoring the price, I have to worry about stick quality for sticks that I actively do not want, emulation quality/features, and end-to-end lag (I have my doubts that this thing will be as lagless as my Gsync PC).

Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit chuckling at how the hype generated by Capcom's trailer couldn't even last an hour before it got deflated.

6553.jpg

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
IMO the only way they can justify $200 is if the stick is made with premium parts (sounds like it will be) and can be plugged into your console via USB as a regular pad. But it sounds like this will just be an HDMI-out device, so... yikes.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the final unit. Crappy emulation and/or hardware will kill my interest. But I would pay £200 if the quality is there.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
I can see it just being 5 games. AVP probably cost them an arm and a leg to get. Also the reason why its probably not coming to consoles. They probably had to make some weird deal to get it.
would you pay 200 for 5 old ass games?
Most people wouldn't. If it's in fact some kind of arcade stick they better use Sanwa parts, otherwise this will fail horribly.
It'd be a niche product afterall.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
If the 2 player arcade stick is quality, emulation is solid and can somehow be used on the PC, I may be interested in it. I've been meaning to build myself an arcade setup without going the full cab route. I've been eyeing one of those Pandora sticks but I've heard mixed things plus they are not exactly officially licensed products.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
You're vastly overestimating how much quality arcade stick parts cost.
Maybe overestimating what they cost but Im not underestimating what they will sell them for. Usually I see them sell an Arcade stick complete on the lowest end for $60 they are giving you two here probably the wide style arcade stick that is basically 2 in 1, then you get the HDMI cable addition which companies always value at $20 - $30 then the game costs which they will put at the highest due to the AVP license. I can see more than 5 games in this but the others not really being headliners and more like throwaways to pad it out. So I can see how logically the rumored price adds up.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
I own a Progear CPS2, it's a gem of a shmup and I'm glad more people will be able to play it.

I may have to get this thing just for AvP and 19XX.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe overestimating what they cost but Im not underestimating what they will sell them for. Usually I see them sell an Arcade stick complete on the lowest end for $60 they are giving you two here probably the wide style arcade stick that is basically 2 in 1, then you get the HDMI cable addition which companies always value at $20 - $30 then the game costs which they will put at the highest due to the AVP license. I can see more than 5 games in this but the others not really being headliners and more like throwaways to pad it out.
I edited that post, I didn't take in account it being a 2 seater. Two quality boards would certainly jack the fuck out of the price.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Ideally they'll have a plug in play and a digital offering for current consoles.

We don't live in an ideal world though.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
A capcom branded arcade stick is easily £100 and they aren't slouches either. This is rumoured to be 2 of those and includes the games, price seems fine to me.

If it includes super turbo I'm in, I almost dropped £400 on the arcade 1up unit anyway. That's essentially the same as this except it includes a monitor that definitely is not worth £200 on its own.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
You can buy this type of thing already from a company called Pandora. 2 Arcade sticks and shit loads of ROMs. They cost about £200 as well.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
for that price, it ought to include damn near every single arcade game Capcom has ever released, including the licensed titles. still ridiculous though

It would seriously have to include every single CPS1, CPS2, CPS3 and 3D Capcom arcade game for me to even consider it. Or at the very least a lot of the arcade games they made we have never got before. It would have to be the ultimate Capcom arcade collection for me to get it. I predict it won't be anywhere near that though and just have all of the same fighting games we've had in collections umpteenth times before. Alien vs Predator being locked to this is such an insult.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
This mini console shit is one of the worst trends yet. Shame on all you who bought one. Hopefully the games escape this fate and are release digitally on consoles at some point because the last thing I need is another arcade stick. I can see us US peasants getting some trash HAPP knock off parts version too.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
This mini console shit is one of the worst trends yet. Shame on all you who bought one. Hopefully the games escape this fate and are release digitally on consoles at some point because the last thing I need is another arcade stick. I can see us US peasants getting some trash HAPP knock off parts version too.
Why shame on me?

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

I don't agree with the delivery of content that many other people have found to be enjoyable. It's the worst!

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
I'd pay 200 for a LE on consoles. I really don't need another stick for this gen, lol.

ofc all the good shit is on there. i wanted this stuff officially ported for over a decade.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If its $200 nobody gonna care. Theres an apparent price and quality factor that goes into it. Sega Genesis is priced way better than the PS mini.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see it like this. You can spend £260 on a one chip SNES and an OSSC + many times more for games, or you can spend £70 on a SNES mini. Or you could get a Super NT instead. Or an FPGA MiSTer. Or Virtual console.

Honestly it's a really exciting time for retro gaming, and high quality mini consoles like Nintendo's and Sega's are help driving that. Sadly the quality isn't always there.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Damn, Was hoping for a console version of these games rather than a boring plug and play. It would have to have a BUNCH of games for me to be interested, and Puzzle Fighter would make it a must own. Don't know much about AVP since it's a licensed games and they usually suck but I hope it's at least half as good as Battle Circuit and not crap like Warriors of Fate, and I'm all for obscure games getting a rerelease.

I'll still pick it up if Puzzle Fighter/Mega Man Power Battle are on it though. And for the love of god don't be a fucking retrobit system. Those guys are horrible and I'll never forgive them for having a godlike idea with the Generations only to have the final product suffer from bad emulation and a bunch of shovelware from Piko Interactive replacing good games like Kung Fu Master. That and stealing a core for their followup system and not releasing the Game Boy Jaleco cart they promises years ago. I know they get the Capcom license so I'm honestly worried about that as a worse case scenario or hope it's either in house or developed by someone of high quality like Arcade 1up, Digital Eclipse, M2, etc

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
You can buy this type of thing already from a company called Pandora. 2 Arcade sticks and shit loads of ROMs. They cost about £200 as well.
Because an unlicensed product filled with pirated roms is comparable to an official product. Lmao

Of course the verdict is still up on the quality of this.

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way they can be expecting this to shift many units at £200. Unless any license deals restrict the games to this unit, I'd expect them to put them out separately later. If they managed to negotiate AvP from Disney, I hope they got Punisher too.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Sounds like they wanna compete in the market China made with their pandora box sticks.
They play well and emulate solidly. Not hard to make. Glad to see an official version of these coming. I got one of the old 4s. Would like to convert it to a king of air board for tate only games since I got a picade now.

heres the China sticks

leder

Oct 25, 2017
M2 did make the incredible Capcom Arcade Cabinet last gen, so there is hope, but I'm not holding my breath.

By the way this better be a damn incredible collection to justify $200+. If it's arcade perfect, I would probably pay that for Progear and AvP alone, but if it's shitty emulation it's going to be a heartbreaking missed opportunity.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
This is such a Capcom move, i ain't surprised. But that price is too much, even if it include all the CPS-CPS2 games

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a Capcom move, i ain't surprised. But that price is too much, even if it include all the CPS-CPS2 games
Throw in the CPS3 games and I'd say the price is perfect for me (Capcom collector/enthusiast). Getting Just a couple of CPS2 games these days (then getting them phoenixed so the boards don't commit suicide) would probably cost me £200 alone, CPS3 costs even more and has even more dodgy quality hardware pre modding. So the thought of (assuming the quality is good) getting everything in one device for that price is pretty damn enticing. Of course, they won't include everything, that's too good to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.