• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Surely its not going to be AvP Arcade game as would they have included it in the Capcom Beat em Up Bundle they release last year?

Unless its going to be DLC for it including other licensed games so if they do get delisted for licensing issues later on the main game wont have to be taken down!??

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If they include 40 games I would actually buy it, hope to see thew marvel games at least

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm not interested in a standalone piece of hardware that's going to take up space when I'm not using it. I would much rather buy this collection on any of the existing platforms.

Manac0r

Oct 30, 2017
UK
So many mixed emotions right now.... I'm gonna have to sleep on it and possibly drink a little more.

Internal parts/lag/total collection and possible homebrew will all be factors.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If true, Capcom is bringing the CPS Changer back baby

s-l1600.jpg
did those use sanwa or were the parts in house?
Sega's the one with the AvP video game rights.
Welp. I stand corrected.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
£200 is a bit steep, for that price I'd want it to include every Capcom arcade game ever made.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
OH!!!......so its a mini console/Arcade Stick guess ill give it a miss and just carry on playing these games on MAME with my current arcade stick.

Thanks for nothing Capcom!

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
It kind of bothers me as well. Why can it be on this machine, but not added to the Capcom Beat-em-up collection released last year. Probably some weird licensing issue, but still.

Because Capcom knows people want a legal way to play AvP/Progear badly enough to shell out $$$ for a mini-console. If the arcade stick just have retreads of already ported games (SF2, Final Fight, etc) no one would give it a second look.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Because Capcom knows people want a legal way to play AvP/Progear badly enough to shell out $$$ for a mini-console. If the arcade stick just have retreads of already ported games (SF2, Final Fight, etc) no one would give it a second look.
I see. It is the whole Star Fox 2 for the SNES mini all over again to push the product.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
If the product is being centered around AvP, well, beat em ups are kind of boring tbh (at least when they're free to play), doubly so if it's single player only.

Oct 25, 2017
If it is indeed a mini console for CP System , here is all the games released for CP System I , II and III , A total of 72 game , curious how many of them will end up in that mini console

Forgotten Worlds
Ghouls'n Ghosts
Strider
Dynasty Wars
Willow
U.N. Squadron
Final Fight
1941: Counter Attack
Mercs
Mega Twins
Magic Sword - Heroic Fantasy
Carrier Air Wing
Nemo
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Three Wonders
The King of Dragons
Captain Commando
Knights of the Round 1991-11-27
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Adventure Quiz: Capcom World 2
Varth: Operation Thunderstorm
Quiz & Dragons: Capcom Quiz Game
Street Fighter II′ Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Ken Sei Mogura: Street Fighter II
Pnickies
Quiz Tonosama no Yabō 2: Zenkoku-ban
Pang! 3
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
Super Street Fighter II: Tournament Battle
Eco Fighters 1993-12-03
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Alien vs. Predator
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
Ring of Destruction: Slammasters II
Armored Warriors
X-Men: Children of the Atom
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness
Street Fighter Alpha
Mega Man: The Power Battle
Marvel Super Heroes
19XX: The War Against Destiny
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Myst
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold
Quiz Nanairo Dreams: Nijiirochō no Kiseki
X-Men vs. Street Fighter
Battle Circuit 1997-03-19
Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
Capcom Sports Club
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers' Revenge
Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire
Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Giga Wing
Jyangokushi: Haō no Saihai
Dimahoo
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
1944: The Loop Master
Mighty! Pang
Progear
Puzz Loop 2
Janpai Puzzle Chōkō
Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
Red Earth
Street Fighter III: New Generation
Street Fighter III 2nd Impact: Giant Attack
JoJo's Venture
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Really interested to see what parts they use for the stick and buttons, and how good the emulation is. But playing two players on one giant solid fight stick doesn't exactly sound like an elegant experience.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I can see it just being 5 games. AVP probably cost them an arm and a leg to get. Also the reason why its probably not coming to consoles. They probably had to make some weird deal to get it.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Yep, for £200 I'm going to want a goddamn amazing pick of games / no filler and A+++ emulation

Doubtful of either

BordyDogue

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
I find 200 pounds hard to believe unless it's an asston of games, I can get the Neo Geo Mini Christmas Edition with 48 games and 2 pads for about 140 bucks

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I see the price is throwing people off but I've spent the past hour contacting some friends for the inevitable acrylic and art to put on the control panel.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit chuckling at how the hype generated by Capcom's trailer couldn't even last an hour before it got deflated.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the turnaround in this thread's really something. XD

But I definitely get it. A quality plug-in arcade setup is gonna cost quite a bit, regardless of the actual games themselves. And it makes sense for a game like AvP to be reserved for this sort of treatment to skirt possible rights issues, even if it comes off like really shitty baiting. You really gotta be into this sort of thing to jump in unless they really go all out.

The Cacom vs. Capcom dream will never die!!!! DX

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
This would be sweet though! AvP, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Dungeons and Dragons. Last completion was missing so many classics.
Honestly they should just release all those as DLC for the BEU Bundle. That way they don't encroach on the original release and can just be delisted separately when the licensing period ends.

Oh and throw in The Punisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.