• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
If the build quality and arcade hardware are good then $250 isn't unreasonable. I still wouldn't buy it unless I could plug it into a console and use it as a controller.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way they can be expecting this to shift many units at £200. Unless any license deals restrict the games to this unit, I'd expect them to put them out separately later. If they managed to negotiate AvP from Disney, I hope they got Punisher too.
a deal for AvP would probably have had to have been made with Fox before the merger closed

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Throw in the CPS3 games and I'd say the price is perfect for me (Capcom collector/enthusiast). Getting Just a couple of CPS2 games these days (then getting them phoenixed so the boards don't commit suicide) would probably cost me £200 alone, CPS3 costs even more and has even more dodgy quality hardware pre modding. So the thought of (assuming the quality is good) getting everything in one device for that price is pretty damn enticing. Of course, they won't include everything, that's too good to be true.
If the stick its actually 100% functional and with high quality parts, then i'm in. But i doubt that even more

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
If the stick its actually 100% functional and with high quality parts, then i'm in. But i doubt that even more
Yeah, quality and emulation issues kinda hang over my head on if it'd be worth a pre order, even if the games are there. Not so much for past Capcom stuff but seeing how other companies have treated past Retro boxes like this I'm pessimistic and a £200 price point doesn't exactly make for a cheap gamble!

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I want Dungeons and Dragons, TMNT, Megaman arcade game that wasn't Power Battle. The name escapes me but released in the early 2000's.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, quality and emulation issues kinda hang over my head on if it'd be worth a pre order, even if the games are there. Not so much for past Capcom stuff but seeing how other companies have treated past Retro boxes like this I'm pessimistic and a £200 price point doesn't exactly make for a cheap gamble!
How would Koch Media handle this anyway? A Tournament Stick alone its around 120-150$ (but theres price drops every now and then), so really something around $200 USD for really high quality stick plus the games would be neat. But again, how many people would buy something like that, just to play Alien vs Predator?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I want Dungeons and Dragons, TMNT, Megaman arcade game that wasn't Power Battle. The name escapes me but released in the early 2000's.
Problems: TMNT wasn't Capcom so that's not happening ;)
Also, Mega Man only had two arcade games on the CPS systems and they were Power Battle and Power Fighters. No other classic arcade games featuring the blue bomber exist.
Could you be talking about some of the Battle Network arcade games (think two of those exist) but those used completely different hardware to my knowledge.

How would Koch Media handle this anyway? A Tournament Stick alone its around 120-150$ (but theres price drops every now and then), so really something around $200 USD for really high quality stick plus the games would be need. But again, how many people would buy something like that, just to play Alien vs Predator?
No idea on either of those questions. I'm in the minority as I've been on a huge Capcom binge these last few years, picking up and playing each of their arcade/console releases but other than that I'd imagine your aiming for the super niche audience of older Capcom fans interested in these arcade ports with sizeable disposal incoming...

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
The worst part about this, if real, is that a few years in the future, when somebody happens to ask Capcom about a new AvP or something like that, they are gonna blame the fact that this thing flop. I hope its something more than just the games on the teaser. And i really hope Capcom doesn't make a statement saying "if you buy this thing, we'll make Capcom .vs Capcom·

Kaede

Dec 27, 2017
Finally a chance to support Cave Capcom getting their shit together. I've been playing PROGEAR for more than 15 years this is simply amazing news

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Throw in the CPS3 games and I'd say the price is perfect for me (Capcom collector/enthusiast). Getting Just a couple of CPS2 games these days (then getting them phoenixed so the boards don't commit suicide) would probably cost me £200 alone, CPS3 costs even more and has even more dodgy quality hardware pre modding. So the thought of (assuming the quality is good) getting everything in one device for that price is pretty damn enticing. Of course, they won't include everything, that's too good to be true.
My thoughts exactly. I can definitely understand being put off by this, but if it means having a legal, simple way to play AvP, so be it. Especially when when the only other alternative is the expensive endeavor of tracking down the CPS2 board and jumping through the hoops of getting that set up to play. Having done that for Battle Circuit prior to the recent compilation, I'd take it as part of an official plug and play solution any day.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's an interesting prospect. If the hardware is premium, the emulation is high quality and the game selection is decent, I can totally see a niche audience for something like this. It'll certainly be substantially cheaper than the original arcade hardware.

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
It's a neat idea, but I need to know the game selection, who's doing the emulation, and what the lag -if any- is like. The noticeable lag on the recent Beat 'Em Up Bundle wasn't a deal breaker for a £15 download, but I'm going to want much better for £200.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Maaaaaan I've been waiting for an AVP port for years, don't lock it behind some random piece of hardware 😑

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I want Progear I'm not reserving space on my shelf for this. It's just a huge missed opportunity.

I had the CPS2 game and got rid of all that for the same reason, space. That and the fact the I never bothered to mod the fan and sounded like it was headed for orbit.

boomroasted

Oct 25, 2017
I might be interested in this really depends on build quality and list of games of course.

If the price is too high, it's probably something you'd be able to get a deal on at some point.

Love CPS1/2/3 stuff and arcade stuff in general.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finding out Capcom is going to reveal a new arcade compilation that includes AvP ks the best news in quite some time.

Finding out it's in the form of a plug and play device is the absolute worst news this month.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
where it was confirmed it is a plug and play arcade?

When I posted here it was only speculation and there is no threadmark or update to the op

leder

Oct 25, 2017
So it's made by the guys who put together the c64 mini? That doesn't inspire a huge amount of confidence.

I'm going to be seriously disappointed if they don't have a stand-alone version that's not attached to a double arcade stick. Just let me plug in the sticks I already own.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
So it's made by the guys who put together the c64 mini? That doesn't inspire a huge amount of confidence.

I'm going to be seriously disappointed if they don't have a stand-alone version that's not attached to a double arcade stick. Just let me plug in the sticks I already own.

Do you have a source on that? I'm completely giving up on it if that is true.

Nocturno

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a new SFV character and a Dark Stalkers announcement?

Ono teased Dark Stalkers a year or two ago.

"Here comes a new challenger" is super fighting game related.

Status
Not open for further replies.