• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018

HSMeCZC.gif

I know it's the arcade thingy but...I want new challengers for another game

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Okay Capcom, after the amazing RE2make, DMCV and MM11 you earned the right to release a gourmetized nostalgia cash grab mini-like junk that could be released in all current platforms for reasonable price.

Although I'll be expecting actual effort at E3. A fighting game at that.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
As long as they don't cheap out on the parts for the stick (or at least make it easy to swap out the cheapo stuff) I'm in.

Aug 1, 2018
In for Alien vs Predator alone! Jesus, it's fucking criminal that that game basically died after it left the arcades

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Man, that is pricey... (potentially)

If it ends up having The Punisher, I might get it though. Might get it anyways depending on how good the emulation is.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017

There was an action game by Capcom in the early 2000's where you could pick Megaman, and other Capcom characters, but it wasn't a fighting game more like action shooting game but in overhead view. I use to spend so many quarters on that game but can't remember its name. Regarding TMNT, my bad it was konami that made it.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
There was an action game by Capcom in the early 2000's where you could pick Megaman, and other Capcom characters, but it wasn't a fighting game more like action shooting game but in overhead view. I use to spend so many quarters on that game but can't remember its name. Regarding TMNT, my bad it was konami that made it.
Gunspike/Cannonspike? That would definitely be a cool add. Think it was a Naomi game though.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So 5 games for 200+ dollars ? Why not just release them separately so those of us already have multiple arcade sticks can play the collection for 20 dollars at most. I mean If this had 50 Capcom arcade games I would consider paying 200 + dollars.

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
If the games really do end up being locked to this hardware...just the size of the thing may have to be a dealbreaker. Even miniaturized, even if it's good hardware or readily moddable, a usable 2P panel is gonna be larger than any of the miniconsoles. Or the regular consoles. I'm trying to reduce the volume of bulky "toy stuff" I own, because it's already testing my spouse's patience...and my own! If I was willing to just let my hobbies take up space and cash ad infinitum, I would have gotten into actual arcade hardware.

I've wanted a legal method of playing AvP for over a decade, but in that form I don't know if I could justify it... :/

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
So 5 games for 200+ dollars ? Why not just release them separately so those of us already have multiple arcade sticks can play the collection for 20 dollars at most. I mean If this had 50 Capcom arcade games I would consider paying 200 + dollars.
I highly doubt that. I'm certain they're going for a shitload of roms.

I'm speculating 40-50 optimistically.

SUPARNOVAX

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I'm glad I kept my expectations low. I'm still waiting for SFV season 4 fighters to join the fray.

This is honestly a very trashy project IMO.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
imagine if they lock the much anticipated perfect home port of super turbo behind this thing

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
*pauses at the xenomorph* !)(()*#$ v80-353042q5-04q5v 8e45098345w9068340n568730845b8975

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Fake news!!!...both are what contributes to my foundation years in terms of arcade board emulation (at least for CPS)...Mame was nowhere near as good back then in the early 2000s...

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

MAME is a cycle accurate emulator. If MAME had awful performance, that was your PC's fault, not MAME.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Mame was the jack of all trades but the master of none in the early 2000s man, especially in terms of audio (crackling bugs abound)....I am not saying the Mame that is NOW.

And yes, i do know what i was talking about. For example, the final CPS2 XOR table to be decrypted was Marvel Vs Capcom in 2001.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Mame was the jack of all trades but the master of none in the early 2000s man, especially in terms of audio (crackling bugs abound)....I am not saying the Mame that is NOW.

It was not. It was your PC's fault or you were running games that were still not perfectly emulated.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We don't know what it is. We don't know its price. We don't know if it include games, and if it's the case we don't know how many games. Nintendo Life only has an "annonimous source" so I'd call it a rumor.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Not saying I doubt them in this instance, but Nintendolife does not have a sterling track record.

I would love if this is a mini, but I really don't want to be paying for a 2P stick setup.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
ergo...as in CPS2 games back then in 2001?

Again, i am not talking about Mame NOW. Stop being so defensive about Mame.

Look, you said MAME was nowhere near as good as Nebula/Final Burn when it came to accuracy, to which I said you didn't know what you were talking about.

MAME is a cycle accurate emulator, which will use a lot of CPU power. If MAME ran badly for you, it was because of your PC, not because of MAME.

The reason why emus like Neorage, Nebula, Final Burn ran so "great", it's because they used speedhacks to superficially run the games "perfectly". For a normal user, that's pretty much all that matters. But when it comes to accuracy? Nebula/Final Burn crap at that. MAME is the only one that strives for accurate emulation, regardless if your PC can handle it or not.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
I don't really see the point of make an announcement like this for what is a pretty high end item for collectors and die-hards. Hoping there's more to it then a $200+ dollar arcade plug and play unit.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Would love The Punisher (Arcade) to be included, but guessing they lost the licence aeons ago? Favourite arcade beat em up of all time.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I just saw this thread, I would have gotten hyped for nothing.
SF30th Anniversary Collection is not arcade perfect.
Because some specific game breaking bugs were removed? There's no way to play those game as close as the original arcade ones, which is something straight up not viable at all, than this collection.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I just saw this thread, I would have gotten hyped for nothing.

Because some specific game breaking bugs were removed? There's no way to play those game as close as the original arcade ones, which is something straight up not viable at all, than this collection.

If it was just game breaking bugs that were removed, don't you think tournaments would be running it? lol

Eurogamer said it was arcade perfect. What isn't perfect about it?

Higher input lag for one. Multiple sound bugs. It was advertised as arcade perfect, but it's not.

Also lack of win quotes in VS mode is a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.