• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Was the difficulty ever fixed for SSF2T in the anniversary collection?
Well, isn't the port based on the American release of Super Turbo? So technically there is "nothing" wrong with the difficulty - in that its still just the same as it always was. But no, I don't believe they ever included the option to play the Japanese version of the game (which of course had the less devilish difficulty)

Lupin

Oct 25, 2017
Well, isn't the port based on the American release of Super Turbo? So technically there is "nothing" wrong with the difficulty - in that its still just the same as it always was. But no, I don't believe they ever included the option to play the Japanese version of the game (which of course had the less devilish difficulty)
There was a brief period where some people were able to access the Japanese ROMs on some digital copies of the US collection but it was fixed, dunno if they ever restored the option.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
There was a brief period where some people were able to access the Japanese ROMs on some digital copies of the US collection but it was fixed, dunno if they ever restored the option.
Oh really? I only own the physical release, didn't even realise that it was briefly an option :( That's a real shame, the Mega Man collections have both versions of the game available, its a shame that the SF ones didn't have that option as standard. I'll have to check my copy tonight to see if the option was officially patched in or not (but I'm going to guess it probably was removed more likely)

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
If you have a way of accessing the Japanese arcade ROM, then yes. The insane solo difficulty is how the US cabinet always was, for better or for worse. (Definitely for the worse.)
Ahh so that's why it's the way it is!
Wow that's interesting, the 'danger' of remaining faithful to the original source. Reminds me of when Virtual Console titles wouldn't fix frame drops in respect to accuracy and brings to mind a few thoughts... which would be increasingly off-topic so I'll leave it here.
Thanks for the info! :)

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
It being a plug n play thing lines up with some stuff I have heard in the past. SEGA owns the license to the Aliens brand for console and PC and this would technically not be either of those. It is a nightmare to get 4+ companies together to manage one small retro game's remaster.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
i will kill for a Naomi variant mini..

Project Justice, Plasma Sword, Tech Romancer, Power stone 1 & 2, CvS1 & 2, MvC2, Gigawing 2, CannonSpike, Spawn in the demon's hand, etc
I have one of those already, its called a "Sega Dreamcast" ;)

I kid of course, getting a hold of Project Justice and Cannon Spike alone would cost a pretty penny these days (I lucked out and got them all around retail release, bar Spawn which I got for cheap when DC games went cheap). At least those games did receive great home ports though. I'm still sitting here waiting for Warzard!

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Disappointment aside, this is a really neat idea to target the enthusiast crowd that cannot afford or find space for a large arcade cabinet.
It'd be cool to have a 2P arcade setup you can just connect to your TV, especially if/when it gets hacked.

That said though, I still don't think I can afford it.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
If the build quality and arcade hardware are good then $250 isn't unreasonable. I still wouldn't buy it unless I could plug it into a console and use it as a controller.

That, I think, would make a big, big difference here. A standalone unit that only works on these games, good but not spectacular. If it can also function as a decent-quality arcade stick for other content, though? Then I'm seriously interested.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting timing, the 3/4 scale Final Fight Arcade1Up cabinet supposedly goes on sale in the next few days. It comes with Final Fight. Ghosts and goblins, 1944, and Strider. In fact, this cabinet was originally supposed to be a launch cabinet, and was specifically delayed until now...

E32018_Arcade1Up_002.JPG

Last edited:

b00_thegh0st

Nov 6, 2017
Was the difficulty ever fixed for SSF2T in the anniversary collection?

There is nothing to fix with ST in the collection. It is the original behaviour of the american version of the game. If you want the slightly easier Japanese 2X you can get a Japanese copy of the collection which includes domestic and overseas roms.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Interesting timing, the 3/4 scale Final Fight Arcade1Up cabinet supposedly goes on sale in the next few days. It comes with Final Fight. Ghosts and goblins, 1944, and Strider. In fact, this cabinet was originally supposed to be a launch cabinet, and was specifically delayed until now...

E32018_Arcade1Up_002.JPG

This got a release date now?

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Looks shit.

Edit: "Emulation provided by FB Alpha"

Nah, fuck off. Aside from Progear and AvP, the game selection isn't as good as it should be either.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
The games if you don't want to watch the video.
AvP
Armored Warriors
Capcom Sports Club
Captain Commando
Cyberbots
Darkstalkers
ECO Fighters
Final Fight
Progear
Giga Wing
Megaman The Power Battle
Ghouls N Ghosts
SF2 Turbo
Strider
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

I don't think this is it, chief.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if want. I do like some of the games included haven't been ported before/I don't own arcade boards but still not convinced on the actual quality of it. Will wait and see...

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Lmfao fucking amazing. Literally selling it off the back of AVP.

Legit don't know how they're selling this thing unless it's under $100 and/or has a digital console version.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
The site also mentions
Featuring a pair of competition class Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT sticks with 8-way GT-Y directional gates and OBSF buttons for the finest precision, response times and durability.
The 16 pre-installed games are from the original Capcom CPS1 and CPS2 arcade ROMs with emulation provided by FB Alpha, delivering an authentic & accurate arcade experience exclusively for the Capcom Home Arcade.

I'm in for the clearance rack under $75 and hacked.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Oh man that industrial design is sick. Gorgeous.

Going to have to clear a spot in the game room for a dedicated setup with this thing. There better be a good CRT filter, although I wouldn't be surprised if they went through all the investment in a product like this just to display raw pixels. Hopefully Capcom is aware of what is expected these days with all of the amazing retrogaming stuff out there now.

Oct 25, 2017
that's awful but i guess they couldn't let the pandora box just eat off their properties. And its running on FB alpha? cmon now

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
This is for collectors only and I'm not a collector, but even collectors can't be all that excited about paying $200 for those 16 games when you think of what could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.