• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boomroasted

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's ugly.

Decent game list I guess and sanwa parts is always good, but that design is atrocious. No need for that even on deep discount. Oh well.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Releases Oct. 25

wMTyi1g.png

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Hard Pass, was hoping for a better game selection rather than Street Fighter 2 and 3 for the 1,57373783838 time. Why couldn't you include Dungeons and Dragon :'(

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
You gotta realize something about the price. It's not really a bad price for two high quality arcade sticks with Sanwa parts. Then you get the games for free. If it can use that USB port to hook up to PC or console, it might be a very usable item.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting timing, the 3/4 scale Final Fight Arcade1Up cabinet supposedly goes on sale in the next few days. It comes with Final Fight. Ghosts and goblins, 1944, and Strider. In fact, this cabinet was originally supposed to be a launch cabinet, and was specifically delayed until now...

E32018_Arcade1Up_002.JPG

This got a release date now?
Yeah, 6 days ago they said it would be appearing in stores "in a few days".

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
$260 with the current conversion. It's 229.99 EU

Pffffhahahahah omg

hey I'm just impressed they spelled their own name right on that thing

it could have been a CAPCPOM double fight stick

You say that like it's a bad thing. That would've at least been funny.

I wish it wasn't so gaudy. I wish it wasn't double-stick.

I was just thinking about how awkward it's gotta be trying to play this thing. If this was single-stick I could see myself putting it on my lap like a hefty fight stick. This on the other hand....

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Looks like shit.

Will pick up at a lower, lower discounted at later date price though, haha.

Cahpcom why.....

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Buy on sale, 3D print functional small case that will use a quality external joystick. The only trick would be the control interface.

Oct 27, 2017
Is SF2 the most re-released game of all time? I mean, I guess technically Tetris if you clump all the different versions together

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone post the dimensions?

D4R7O8uU0AAlURU.jpg

It's about 2.5 feet wide. Pretty big to just have sitting around your living room.

Hopefully Capcom has the foresight to include picture hanger holes on the bottom of the stick. I could see people wanting to hang this on a wall when not in use as functional artwork.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
This has got to be one of the worst products I've ever seen. The game line-up is questionable for 200+ bux and everything about the stick is ugly as shit, clunky, and just seems amateurish. Kind of shocked.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For the price they should have included 40 - 50 games.

Honestly, they would have made more money if they released AvP digitally for 19.99 on all platforms.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
£200 for the ugliest arcade stick ever with a tiny amount of pre-loaded arcade roms probably running off a Pi-alike. Maybe if they'd styled it after the control panel from one of their classic arcade cabinets and shoved in a bunch of extra games it'd be worth it, but this is laughable for a well into triple digits price tag.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
£200 for the ugliest arcade stick ever with a tiny amount of pre-loaded arcade roms probably running off a Pi-alike. Maybe if they'd styled it after the control panel one of their classic arcade cabinets and shoved in a bunch of extra games it'd be worth it, but this is laughable for a well into triple digits price tag.

Yeah, it should have just been shaped like a box with a montage of artwork from all the included games.

And I agree that there should be more than 16 games on this thing. About 68 games were made for the CPS and CPS2 boards. Why are we not getting the vast majority of them in this $250 standalone device?

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone post the dimensions?

D4R7O8uU0AAlURU.jpg

It's about 2.5 feet wide. Pretty big to just have sitting around your living room.
I dig it a lot. Gonna hang out under my coffee table. Very much looking forward to this. I've been wanting a dual stick setup for some time but been super lazy to build it.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I already hate future me for buying this. I can't skip the first ever home release of Progear, 1944 The Loop Master, and AvP. Also Capcom Sports club, but that's more of a curiosity.

But only sixteen fucking games, are you kidding me? Neo Geo Mini has FORTY. I understand the stick setup alone is at least $200. I know because I already have several. I don't need anymore arcade sticks. Why couldn't they have just made a goddamn CPS2 mini? Fucking fuck

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not that familiar with the license situation for the emulator. Is it possible that keeps this thing from getting off the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.