• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So in case you did not hear, Carol Danvers is now a bonafide queer icon. She's strong and fierce and cool and badass and she raised a daughter with Maria Rambeau. We stan it. Unfortunately, Carol's intergalactic duties have taken her far from Earth for the last 25 years and so in that time, Maria has grown older and likely moved on with her life like Peggy Carter. So we in The Queer Women Community™ used our hivemind and came to the conclusion that she should hook up with the MCU's other queer badass cosmic warrior, Valkyrie. It has also been decided that Thor, wholesome friend and ally to queer women across the galaxy, will serve as the one who sets them up, which is why he pops up in a lot of these.

The result has become quite the sensation on Twitter and Tumblr. Here are some selections:

D15akbVUkAAhEvt.jpg

Source
D2LS-VIWsAAzGXB.jpg

Source
D2J_H7lUcAAryWZ.jpg

Source
tumblr_posssv8Cbw1udt6aa_400.png

Source
tumblr_pos08kR2cI1sfgs24_1280.png

Source

Brie Larson and Tessa Thompson are onboard:

This is now the official canon I will not hear otherwise.

If Endgame is not three hours of Carol and Valkyrie bonding while beating the shit out of Thanos I will write a very strongly worded letter to Kevin Feige.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Loki fanart finally coming to an end or can both this and it coexist?

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Before I read the whole title I feared the worst. These are great.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
It would be pretty cool if this actually became a thing. It would piss China off but I'd have a little bit more respect for Disney.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Why don't you all get real jobs?

Edit: sorry one of my adult kids got the phone and added this. It's a reference to something my wife once said on an IRC channel while I was away from the keyboard.

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like this is just getting my hopes up for something that won't be canon canon

I want to believe but I don't want to feel that pain

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
That would be pretty cool if added to the movies. But I dunno how open they are to making they're main characters gay in the movies. As of now...it seems like zero.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That would be pretty cool if added to the movies. But I dunno how open they are to making they're main characters gay in the movies. As of now...it seems like zero.

What we need is Thor, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Rocket, Groot and Mantis in an Asgardians of the Galaxy movie where Thor spends the movie just looking confused that both women he's tried hitting on in the past are hitting on each other.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This is my headcanon now. They'd make such a good couple.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Obligatory context, and a genuinely fun watch:

This is brilliant, but after this I'm not sure if I can ever see Carol with anyone other than Maria. The subtexts are completely there and while I did notice, I couldn't organize my thoughts as well as Rowan did. Well done, more people should see this video. Hell, Brie and Feige should see it.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It seems LGBT fanartists do this a lot... then they become furious when it doesn't happen. Don't get your hopes up.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
It seems LGBT fanartists do this a lot... then they become furious when it doesn't happen. Don't get your hopes up.

They made Bumblebee happen in Rwby and I still don't see how that happened. It was the weirdest shit to watch happen in real time. some shit needs to stay in fanfiction. and thats outside of the other problems that show has now.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They made Bumblebee happen in Rwby and I still don't see how that happened. It was the weirdest shit to watch happen in real time. some shit needs to stay in fanfiction. and thats outside of the other problems that show has now.

Gay people are only allowed in fanfiction apparently.

I'm impressed with the forum that it took this long for this garbage to come up though.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Gay people are only allowed in fanfiction apparently.

I'm impressed with the forum that it took this long for this garbage to come up though.

What garbage? Don't quote me, and say I said it can't exist. If it were to happen, whatever. This happens a lot though, where everyone pins their hopes on a character whose sexuality is ambiguous, then they get pissed when what's in their head doesn't happen.

Nephtis

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Was she gay in the comics? Didn't she date Rhodes? It doesn't really matter and it's great that she may be lesbian in the MCU, but I think that's a departure from the comics right?

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Love that the actresses are playing along.
I watched Captain Marvel yesterday and loved it. Really loved it. You could tell everyone in the theater was having a blast.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
Was she gay in the comics? Didn't she date Rhodes? It doesn't really matter and it's great that she may be lesbian in the MCU, but I think that's a departure from the comics right?

Carol Danvers is not gay or bi in the comics. Even the Valkryie (Brunhilde) thing , in the comics, is a stretch. I swear everyone has forgotten she and Flash were a thing.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey, free publicity and probably the only way their characters will actually meet.