• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DnZyXcVUwAE3jYj.jpg:large

Last edited:

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I only ever watch the Cap & Spidey MCU movies in theaters and wait for the rest on VOD. Depending on the word of mouth I may check this out in theaters or just read spoilers so I'm caught up for Endgame. Hoping its really solid!

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
besides joke post, hearing this movie is ambitious is interesting. Was worried it'd play it safe for most part.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
And nothing about Coulson. Guess he's so minor in the movie that he became pretty forgettable... =(

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping it's great so that:

1). I can rub it in Slayven's face
2). We get some form of powered Monica in the future.

Lesssss go!

And nothing about Coulson. Guess he's so minor in the movie that he became pretty forgettable... =(

For people who don't watch AoS, his inclusion is probably just a fun easter egg.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
So its a little more ambitious than previously thought but anchored by the Marvel template and almost sticks the landing?!
Good enough for me. Hell, I got stubs list, it could've been basura and I would've been there day 1.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why give the guy any more spotlight.

Good to see impressions seem positive. Gonna be a long wait!

Got tickets for Sat Night, as Thurs-Fri already sold out in the first 2 hours

Oct 31, 2017
Are early impressions for a movie never overwhelmingly positive? I'm going to wait for the review embargo to go up. I heard that is March 2nd or something.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No phrase has gotten me to stand up and go "is this real life' like "the witty 90's kid I think I am"

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the wording in the impressions is the exact same language as they use for every movie that ends up being uninspired drivel but people (rightfully) want to be positive about it because it's a great win for representation

here's hoping it's decent at least

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Also encouraged to hear several impressions mentions the 90s vibe. I didn't think the trailers felt all that 90s outside the shot of Blockbusters or whatever. Good to hear the 90s setting is not just window dressing.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Usually early impressions for such movies are hyperbolic galore the fact that hyperbole is in check makes me think this is not going to be an amazing movie but a decent one

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's exciting that so many people are praising Ben Mendelsohn. I thought he'd be lost under the shrill makeup which I also thought looked kinda off.