• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
So she could solo him?

Probably not, but Vageta and Goku couldn't take freeiza, so I was think she needs to be a bit stronger than Goku. I was thinking more along the lines of Turles powered up by the Tree of Might vs the spirit bomb Goku throws at him. It just barely beats Turles, and Goku had to try incredibly hard to do that.

Well thanks for spoiling that cameo for me.

It's a joke.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Probably not, but Vageta and Goku couldn't take freeiza, so I was think she needs to be a bit stronger than Goku. I was thinking more along the lines of Turles powered up by the Tree of Might vs the spirit bomb Goku throws at him. It just barely beats Turles, and Goku had to try incredibly hard to do that.

It's a joke.
Well it's not a very funny joke.

Actually, too many people causally throwing out spoilers so time to peace out on any on these threads.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
He does that with every Marvel movie when impressions come in. Using the hashtag to get attention. The funny thing is the sites who embed his joke Tweets without reading them. One of them was about Cap and Bucky fucking.
lol

to spoil you further, he also says the 2 post credit scenes are the pilot and final episodes of Friends.

Ah, at this point in my Internet life ive conditioned myself to immediately avert my eyes/close the tab/browser/ when I read a spoiler so I didn't read the rest of the tweet haha. OT, I'm glad this is not some typical origin story, I was lukewarm but I'm very excited now

To be fair, i thought it was a real spoiler as well and stopped reading after the WS part, so i didn't even get to the Friends bit.

Hahahahahahah my man 🙏🏽

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Usually early impressions for such movies are hyperbolic galore the fact that hyperbole is in check makes me think this is not going to be an amazing movie but a decent one
Yup. This is how it feels to me too. Hopefully it's not mediocre in the Thor: Dark World category...

I am sure in terms of box office it will do fine. But I am getting the sense this is going to be in that bottom half of MCU movies.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales

I find social media impressions to be really strange. I've only ever gotten value in them retroactively by extrapolating the negatives.

Tbf to that second one, alot of people really liked the characters themselves in Justice League (though they are wrong I'll give you that), it's just they didn't do anything interesting with them. Whedon is good at character work, if nothing else. The rest of what he said was on point, it's not a perfect movie, and it is fun, just maybe not in the intended way - me and my fiancee laughed our arses off at it.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
"social media impressions are always positive"

Ahamm

THEY ARE PRAISING THE VILLAIN IN A MARVEL MOVIE
I'm thinking he might not be the real villain tho, Marvel almost never reveals the real villain in the trailers.

The only times I can think of when they did that were with Avengers 2, Black Panther, Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War (and maybe Thor 2? I don't remember Thor 2). All of the other times the real villain was someone else than was advertised.

Last edited:

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England

in fairness, that's a reasonably honest opinion of a surprisingly ok movie... even with hindsight

it is better then bvs and ss

it is leaner, at only 1hr 59mins

mean and packed with superhero action... yeah, i suppose

it does have lighter moments, which were welcome

best fight in a dceu movie; it might do, that's subjective (so we'll give them that)

and as for wonder woman stealing the show, i can't really remember

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
We get bad Marvel movies all the time. Iron Man 2, Thor 2, Avengers 2, Black Panther. And in the end, they are all generic by the numbers big budget blockbusters, mindless junk food put on film.
tenor.gif

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
A lot sarcastic "it's fun" responses in here, but those impressions actually haven't been using that word much, or at all.

Impressions sound great. I'm really looking forward to the "surprises" the most and how it ties together with Endgame and the rest of the MCU. Seeing nothing but good things about Brie Larson as well.

Perri Nemiroff usually lands right where I do, and most fans, so I'm happy to see her reaction. She gave a very lukewarm social media impression of Solo, for example, despite being a fan of TLJ. So I don't think she's just hyping up CM to save "woman face" or something.

Last edited:

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I'll admit that it sounds better than I expected.
Still not gonna go see it by myself but if someone I know wants me to accompany them then why not.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Knowing that Mendelsohn's part is actually substantial might just make me watch this when it comes out instead of waiting for a home release.

The trailers did nothing for me so far, but I'm OK with being pleasantly surprised.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
This dude said Black Panther was a bad Marvel film in a Captain Marvel impressions thread lmao.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Lots of colorful words being used in these impressions. That's a good sign I guess. It's when impressions start sounding the same ("Fun, fun, fun") that you have to be careful.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
afaik social media reaction are almost always from sites like ign, uproxx, fandango, comicbook.com, etc... not from serious journalists which is why they can be safely ignored.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I just hope it's better than Ant-Man & Wasp and less formulaic than Doc Strange ---- both of which were the bottom tier of phase 3 by far.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Learning that Ben Mendelsohn is in this film definitely makes me that much more hyped for this. I'm usually not a Marvel movie goer, but after Infininty War, I'm really hooked to see where it all ends up in these next couple of films.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Sounds like another Marvel movie......... Which is totally fine with me, as I'm a big Marvel fan and have loved every other MCU movie so far. Captain Marvel looks a blast and it's great to have Fury and Coulson back again.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I actually find most "can't wait for a second viewing!" impressions easy to dismiss. Unless a film is a straight up masterpiece, is super dense, or a once in a decade spectacle there is no chance I'd want to see it at the movies more than once. Is anyone really expecting this to be any of those things?

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
I actually find most "can't wait for a second viewing!" impressions easy to dismiss. Unless a film is a straight up masterpiece, is super dense, or a once in a decade spectacle there is no chance I'd want to see it at the movies more than once. Is anyone really expecting this to be any of those things?
A lot of critics will see movies multiple times in order to get a proper sense of it while reviewing it, from what I've heard. Also, these are closed screenings, they could just be excited to rewatch alongside friends and family to see their reactions and experience it from a non 'work' perspective.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
afaik social media reaction are almost always from sites like ign, uproxx, fandango, comicbook.com, etc... not from serious journalists which is why they can be safely ignored.

When the GOTG2 impressions came out the only dissenting voice among the hysterical praise was Jeff Sneider. In hindsight it feels like he was closest to my own feelings on the film despite the first one being of my fave MCU films.

I don't really have any thoughts about Captain Marvel either way but Brie Larson's flat line delivery in the trailers so far have been something of a red flag for me. Slightly curious that Ben Mendehlson is getting singled out for praise though. He's undoubtedly talented but he's becoming a bit of a 'rent-a-villain' between this RPO and Rogue One.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out critically with a GA.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Me and my friends have watched all of the MCU movies multiple times at the cinema and will probably watch this one 2 or 3 times too. Being a big superhero / comic book fan, seeing these movies brought to life on the big screen is amazing to me.

Unless Marvel Studio's start making big errors and the quality massively drops, I'll keep watching them multiple times for sure. They are a great time at the movies, if you want an a big, loud, entertaining, SFX blockbuster movie.