• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the first Marvel movie to feature a cat?
I can't remember cats in any of the other movies.

tenor.gif

Nov 1, 2017
Always too many stellar impressions from the press who see this stuff early, probably because a lot of them feel grateful just for the chance. But I really do hope it's a good movie. I'm all up for 90's vibe...that's so hot right now!

These reactions are mostly from critics who get to see almost every movie early. It doesn't factor into their reactions at all.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I can never trust these impressions. I remember hearing Ant Man 2 was gonna be the best MCU movie.

At least it wont be bad since impressions are pretty positive. The actual bad movies get mixed impressions.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
I believe that one shop guy in Homecoming has a cat. Peter pets it on his way out.

Cats have been at least mentioned in:

Thor
Iron Man 3
Ant-Man
Civil War
Black Panther
Ant-Man and the Wasp

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Dogs

On the other hand Dogs have appeared in:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Black Panther
Thor the Dark World features a giant Alien Dog!

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I believe that one shop guy in Homecoming has a cat. Peter pets it on his way out.

Cats have been at least mentioned in:

Thor
Iron Man 3
Ant-Man
Civil War
Black Panther
Ant-Man and the Wasp

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Dogs

On the other hand Dogs have appeared in:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Black Panther
Wow, I love this! Thank you!!
Black Panther first appeared in Civil War.
kkkkkkkk
Black Panther is only cosplaying as a feline though!
And if I remember correctly the only actual panther in the movie was a spiritual ghost panther, idk that it should count.

That's more of a cameo, or catmeo.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
when has marvel miscast an actor for a hero role? the only one i can think of are the hulk actors

Even if that wasn't the case, Larson is a fantastic actress that is probably above the source material. I have zero doubts she'll do good, but until now Marvel cast actors that did look (or were made into looking) like the characters they portray. She doesn't look like Carol.

This is probably me having a preference for short-hair Carol, and probably me stereotyping the idea of "military woman". It's my own biases working against me, so I don't blame it on the movie, or Larson.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Thor the Dark World features a giant Alien Dog!

Doesn't count as the per the MCU description:

"Dogs (Canis lupus familiaris, or Canis familiaris) are a race of semi-sentient mammals native to Earth. Dogs, while commonly feral in wildlife, are the most wildly domesticated fauna on the planet, with humans frequently adopting them as pets and domestic companions."

Not from Earth, therefore doesn't count.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't count as the per the MCU description:

"Dogs (Canis lupus familiaris, or Canis familiaris) are a race of semi-sentient mammals native to Earth. Dogs, while commonly feral in wildlife, are the most wildly domesticated fauna on the planet, with humans frequently adopting them as pets and domestic companions."

Not from Earth, therefore doesn't count.
awww, but that dog was cute, and poor pup was left stranded on earth.

May 10, 2018
Even if that wasn't the case, Larson is a fantastic actress that is probably above the source material. I have zero doubts she'll do good, but until now Marvel cast actors that did look (or were made into looking) like the characters they portray. She doesn't look like Carol.

This is probably me having a preference for short-hair Carol, and probably me stereotyping the idea of "military woman". It's my own biases working against me, so I don't blame it on the movie, or Larson.
For me it's not how she looks and more so her voice/line delivery.

It doesn't feel for lack of a better word, commanding if that makes sense.

Amathene

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has a single one of the impressions posted suggested it might be the best Marvel movie yet?
Ok, maybe not THE best but several of the tweets suggested it was one of the best they've seen. I've also just skimmed so I may have read wrong. Nonetheless, the early impressions seem strongly positive.

It's gonna be hard to beat Winter Soldier imo.
WS was my #1 for awhile. It probably still is, but Ragnarok was a strong contender.

Nov 1, 2017
Low-key I think it'd be pretty funny if Endgame ends up breaking the MCU streak. Like, 20 fresh movies in a row and then they blow it on the payoff...any discourse around the MCU would immediately become TLJ-level toxic

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Obviously. Thankfully, quality isn't an issue with the films either.

Marvel "convinces critics to agree to a thumbs up" by making the movies fun.

I know you keep taking Ls when it comes to Marvel stuff but you're bordering on Alex Jones at this point.
I speak truths the critical world agrees with. Have you ever wondered why all their 90+ % movies never receive award acclaim? Because they and the rest of the world has agreed on their quality and it's fun, not anything to write home about. But that doesn't matter because Marvel doesn't care for excellent quality, they care about merchandise and not making BvS. I don't get what is so contentious about acknowledging Marvel's pretty brilliant strategy.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I speak truths the critical world agrees with. Have you ever wondered why all their 90+ % movies never receive award acclaim? Because they and the rest of the world has agreed on their quality and it's fun, not anything to write home about. But that doesn't matter because Marvel doesn't care for excellent quality, they care about merchandise and not making BvS. I don't get what is so contentious about acknowledging Marvel's pretty brilliant strategy.

Black Panther is straight up nominated for Best Picture.

But listen, you do you.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Black Panther is straight up nominated for Best Picture.

But listen, you do you.
And where are the others? Dr. Strange has a high rating so does Spider-Man so does Thor 3, etc. For all these highly rated movies, they sure do fall silent when awards are given out. Like, I honestly don't get why you're upset the movie world doesn't believe the MCU is high quality. Black Panther is the exception to the trend even you must acknowledge that.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its funny that I know who the person some of you are arguing with even if I blocked them a long time ago. Its such a losing war to be the guy that hates these movies. You're never going to win. Theres just nothing to gain from it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with spatula that Marvel definitely does not want to make something like Batman v Superman.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel made sure their first female-led superhero movie is incredible? I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
The trailers have been pretty eh for this one. Glad to hear it doesn't translate over to the actual film

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Marvel's brilliant new strategy: Popular blockbusters that don't win awards. Who would have thought?!