• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the least excited I am for a MCU film in a long time. Never read the comics, so I don't know, but is Carol Danvers supposed to be an unlikable character? In these trailers alone, I dislike how arrogant and rude (and bland) she is, and I'm starting to dread the idea that Marvel builds up 10 years of fantastic characters with intricate stories and connections and development, and in the end, this one character introduced this late and deep in the phase, and have her steal the spot light, defeat Thanos and saves the day.
Nah, that's gonna be Adam Warlock.

It's been, what, several years between the end of GotG2 and Adam's "reveal" and Infinity War, story-wise (we can surmise this based on Groot's growth and Peter and Gamora's much deeper relationship).

That guy is ready to burst onto the scene. Plus, he is powered by the Soul stone, assuming they keep that bit. Must have something to do with Gamora's resurrection.

Apparently a current popular theory is that Adam finds Tony in trying to find the Guradian's ship.

Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
This is the least excited I am for a MCU film in a long time. Never read the comics, so I don't know, but is Carol Danvers supposed to be an unlikable character? In these trailers alone, I dislike how arrogant and rude (and bland) she is, and I'm starting to dread the idea that Marvel builds up 10 years of fantastic characters with intricate stories and connections and development, and in the end, this one character introduced this late and deep in the phase, and have her steal the spot light, defeat Thanos and saves the day.
Arrogant and rude? Do you also hate Tony Stark? I never got those from the trailers at all, where is she portrayed as being rude or arrogant.

Oct 27, 2017
I've always felt that the DCU uniforms look more like cheaply costumes you would find at a store rather than something a superhero would wear. Marvel did a great job bringing their comic book costumes into reality whereas DC just doesn't have the vision for the big screen. Nolan's Batman came the closest to anything that could have been grounded to reality. Personally, I think DC should stick to Animation and make that their Universe.
The costumes in Aquaman alone beat out nearly all of the MCU costumes.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I mean...there's no such thing as a funny Republican.

Amusingly when she was originally created Carol was a huge left wing feminist, they never confirmed that she voted Democrat (being comic books) but it was obvious what her political ideology was. Had the Claremont run been made today it would gotten targeted by the usual suspects in the Alt-Right/Gamergate crowd. Strangely over time they shifted away defining her more by her flaws, like alcoholism, then finally today her military side so she became Marvel's Hal Jordan. Hopefully they're going with the former approach as the military attitude has backfired on her being set up as a fan favourite.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Who here is betting on a Fantastic Four / Superskrull teaser in the mid/end credits?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who here is betting on a Fantastic Four / Superskrull teaser in the mid/end credits?

I'm not sure it'll tease anything. It's leading directly into End Game, so any mid/post-credits scenes will presumably tease her involvement in that movie. For example, they may save her responding to her pager for that.

I do think they'll be announcing a Fantastic Four movie this year, though, so maybe there'll be the first real Fantastic Four tease after Captain Marvel 2? The MCU has really become rather... cosmic lately, after all, and they'd fit right in to a post-Thanos universe. Moreso if Tony Stark is no longer going to be the genius billionaire that builds all the cool gadgets.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Arrogant and rude? Do you also hate Tony Stark? I never got those from the trailers at all, where is she portrayed as being rude or arrogant.
I don't like that she keeps calling herself a hero, or trailer calling her hero. It just comes across as really full of herself. I don't know, perhaps she's joking about it (not even a funny joke if that's the case) but then her performance from these trailers doesn't inspire confidence in me.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

I don't like that she keeps calling herself a hero, or trailer calling her hero. It just comes across as really full of herself. I don't know, perhaps she's joking about it but then her performance from these trailers doesn't inspire confidence in me.

lmaoo

do you have a problem with Dr Strange, arrogant and full of himself showing up late in Phase 3 and going toe to toe with Thanos by himself?

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
lmaoo

do you have a problem with Dr Strange, arrogant and full of himself showing up late in Phase 3 and going toe to toe with Thanos by himself?
I do think he was a jerk in the beginning, until he gets thoroughly humbled not too far into his own movie. And he does not go toe to toe with Thanos. Did you even watch the movie? He didn't even land a scratch on Thanos, Iron Man did.

Sony

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Short excerpt from Reddit person who supossedly saw the latest CCXP footage in Brazil. No spoilers, just commenting on Brie's performance in general terms.

Sounding damn good, if true.

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
At 1:50, when she says "Im gonna end it" maybe its because english is not my first language but to me it sounds really bad , like from the x number of takes where she delivers that line they choose a bad one, like a sorority girl saying that she is going to end something frivolous

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do think he was a jerk in the beginning, until he gets thoroughly humbled not too far into his own movie. And he does not go toe to toe with Thanos. Did you even watch the movie? He didn't even land a scratch on Thanos, Iron Man did.
People will take the most basic bitch character writing from male characters to justify their power, experience, prominence etc but will be skeptical of female characters every step of the way. Don't get it. It's been especially apparent with this series shoehorning in new characters left and right with the run up to Infinity War.

I'm not confident in Captain Marvel just yet because I think the MCU lets down it's female characters a lot, but if the trailers really are wack takes I could believe it. It's happened before and I already know Brie Larson can do better.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People will take the most basic bitch character writing from male characters to justify their power, experience, prominence etc but will be skeptical of female characters every step of the way. Don't get it. It's been especially apparent with this series shoehorning in new characters left and right with the run up to Infinity War.

I'm not confident in Captain Marvel just yet because I think the MCU lets down it's female characters a lot, but if the trailers really are wack takes I could believe it. It's happened before and I already know Brie Larson can do better.

First trailer was awesome. I am confident.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
At 1:50, when she says "Im gonna end it" maybe its because english is not my first language but to me it sounds really bad , like from the x number of takes where she delivers that line they choose a bad one, like a sorority girl saying that she is going to end something frivolous

Yeah it's definitely a bad line read. If that's the line from the movie, hopefully it works better in context. It could also be a line that isn't even in the movie.