• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
There sure are a lot of people who have seemingly "seen it for free"... Makes me wonder how Marvel expects to make any money on this obvious box office bomb.

A lot of people seeing "for free" + "Disney buying tickets themselves"= "trolls are in Disney's pockets".

Let me now go make 500 videos about the revelation!

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
huh? CGI was terrible. so what if it wasn't said as "subpar CGI"? that makes one a troll because semantics? to a lot of people, the CGI was so fake and terrible. why must the use of superlatives to get a point across suddenly becomes branded as a troll? the CGI towards the end was just bad, period. that, plus the cinematography of that last fight. you couldn't tell what the hell was going on because the blending of CGI elements was so bad. Bumblebee had better CGI. when someone says, "oh bp had bad cgi esp the last 1/3" you go, "you're a troll. it's subpar."? might be subpar to you but it's bad for others, doesn't make them trolls.

heard/read cap marvel is just an okay, painfully average movie. tbh, i support movies like this but i mean they make so much money they better be at least way above average and the best they can be. to me it seems like okay you support the plight and you're all for it - but does the box office actually reflect the quality? it's important that the mainstream supports this but in perspective, there are and have been so many women-centered films that were/are better than cap marvel but don't even get a fraction of attention and box office - so there's that. grats to cap marvel, tho. i think i feel the same way with crazy rich asians. i watched it to support it but wow it was a painfully mediocre film. you can watch asian romcoms from 15 years ago that are better, really.
not to get into a big thing but i think the cgi thing is a completely overblown criticism because it ignores 98% of the movie covered in excellent cgi
war0580.comp_.031060.clai_v147.1070.jpg

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
GJhiyzI.png

A8UANOK.png

"Hey, I know I said I refused to watch Captain Racist Misandrist, but it turns out I have friends who wanted to see it. Anyway, here's my review - spoiler: if you thought my logic for not seeing the movie was pathetic, wait till you see how that applies to my movie analysis!"

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
GJhiyzI.png

A8UANOK.png

I know we generally should try not to discuss that cesspool but it can't be said enough how far this guy has fallen.

He spent years on GAF pushing progressive causes, bragging about getting his picture taken with Obama, talking about environmental issues, etc. And the moment his forum died because he got caught being a piece of trash, he immediately sold the little soul he had because all he had left was the alt-right crowd.

Complete and utter garbage.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I know we generally should try not to discuss that cesspool but it can't be said enough how far this guy has fallen.

He spent years on GAF pushing progressive causes, bragging about getting his picture taken with Obama, talking about environmental issues, etc. And the moment his forum died because he got caught being a piece of trash, he immediately sold the little soul he had because all he had left was the alt-right crowd.

He's even using the same language that MRAs used for Mad Max, about how Furiosa was emasculating Max.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite thing is finding these angry assholes on twitter and schooling them.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine being some jackass on the internet. And for weeks waiting for this movie to flop, consuming tons of youtube vids telling you that it would. Having no identity other than cynical nerd contranism because you can't stand the idea that some media isn't solely targeting you but also is made for women and POC. You spoiled brat.

Probably having typed the following at some point:

"GEt woke Go broKE"

Probably having participated in the review bombing and/or argued that it was ok to do so.

And then reading this headline and watching every Youtuber who convinced you that Brie Larson hates white men, (because you're an insecure fragile easily manipulated gullible idiot), have breakdowns. You think you would've learned because you did the same thing for Black Panther and Wonder Woman. What an awkward existence. Three Ls in a row when it would be so easy to just not watch the films if you're not that interested, instead of drowning yourself in hateful media and dedicating hours of the day to being a hateful person in general.

giphy.gif

Okay. Maybe she is a major character, but still, I don't think I would be missing out on much by not seeing the film. Spiderman was somewhat of a major character in the last film and I'd have been fine without seeing Homecoming.
The scenes focusing on Tony and Peter's father son relationship would've been way less impactful if we didn't have two films worth of buildup.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The scenes focusing on Tony and Peter's father son relationship would've been way less impactful if we didn't have two films worth of buildup.

Yup. I didn't see Homecoming until well after Infinity War and the relationship is definitely contingent on you seeing both of Peter's previous appearances.

I still felt things because Holland does a great job, but it wasn't AS impactful as it would've been if I saw SMHC first.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
not to get into a big thing but i think the cgi thing is a completely overblown criticism because it ignores 98% of the movie covered in excellent cgi
People tend to forget just how much CGI/VFX are in these films. Like for every iffy shot there's like twenty good ones so well done that you don't realize that it's CGI. CGI isn't just space ships and such. Sometimes it's the subtle things, like a full forest, extra buildings, background props, etc.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You seen the "Rumors" that the avengers cast doesn't like Brie and vis verses?

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
People tend to forget just how much CGI/VFX are in these films. Like for every iffy shot there's like twenty good ones so well done that you don't realize that it's CGI. CGI isn't just space ships and such. Sometimes it's the subtle things, like a full forest, extra buildings, etc.
yeah definitely, it can even be things like correcting where a person's arm is in a choreographed fight to make it look tighter.

it's much like how people didn't realize how much of the film Zodiac is covered in CGI

great cgi is invisible and BP may as well be wearing an invisibility cloak most of the time

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018

Honestly it's a fascinating heel turn.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
That's Thor's character arc he's describing... Did he review Thor Ragnarok the same? Odin Force Thor has very similar feats.
Thor got a super axe in IW out of nowhere and bodied Thanos on sight.

Pepper was just in the background for Tony to hit on and save for most of the IM films

Yet none of them have an issue with that. Only when the role is reversed. Mofos ain't slick

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's pretty tough to say CM has "lousy CGI" if you consider the fact that it stars Samuel L Jackson from 25 years ago. 🤷‍♂️

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being some jackass on the internet. And for weeks waiting for this movie to flop, consuming tons of youtube vids telling you that it would. Having no identity other than cynical nerd contranism because you can't stand the idea that some media isn't solely targeting you but also is made for women and POC. You spoiled brat.

"GEt woke Go broKE"

Probably having participated in the review bombing and/or argued that it was ok to do so.

And then reading this headline and watching every Youtuber who convinced you that Brie Larson hates white men, (because you're an insecure fragile easily manipulated gullible idiot), have breakdowns. You think you would've learned because you did the same thing for Black Panther and Wonder Woman. What an awkward existence. Three Ls in a row when it would be so easy to just not watch the films if you're not that interested, instead of drowning yourself in hateful media and dedicating hours of the day to being a hateful person in general.

giphy.gif

These assholes have made it so damn hard to get through YouTube videos about Captain Marvel.

I wonder what excuse they'll make when the movie is still doing well next week.

I swear after all the garbage online it was so wonderful to see my packed theater react so positively to this movie.

There was a group of women on my row of seats who seemed so happy during the credits and there was just something so nice about seeing that positivity for this movie.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been paying attention. So alt right assholes are upset because Captain Marvel is a woman? I'm seriously bored of hearing of them complain about diversity and woman having power.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been paying attention. So alt right assholes are upset because Captain Marvel is a woman? I'm seriously bored of hearing of them complain about diversity and woman having power.
They are mad because Brie Larson wanted more women and PoC at the table covering the movie. Small dicked, alt-right incels believe she is a man hating where that wants men to not cover the movie.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017

Larson had the audacity to express an opinion, while being a woman. She called for more diversity amongst the press corp.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

"GEt woke Go broKE"

giphy.gif
beautiful post, couldn't have put it any better myself

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Haven't seen it yet, but it would have to top my personal favorite movie of the year - Alita, which I thought was awesome.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Searching Captain Marvel on YouTube now is a headache. At least half the results are these basement dweller alt-right hot takes.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really happy for the success of this movie because maybe in the future we might actually get a good movie with a lead woman protagonist in the Marvel universe.

This movie... was so tremendously boring for me that I fell asleep during the second half. The direction, action scenes and scattershot beginning were just interminable.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
goddamn if you look at Rotten Tomatoes and user reviews - those who gave the film 1, 1.5 stars etc had only reviewed Cap Marvel and had only created accounts this month. hahahaha pathetic.

Oct 25, 2017
GJhiyzI.png

A8UANOK.png
ahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahhahahahahaha

This and the Captain Racist Misandrist screeching are absolute gold. Glad most of us saw him and the like for who he is back then, and if any of you had any doubt to his true character (somehow) until now, well then here you go.
Can we end the discussion of gaf? It's really not needed.
It's a thread about how the film's success has trampled the wishes of the internet incel man children that wanted it to fail because HOW DARE A WOMAN bruise their sensitive peach male egos, which that site is now swarming with. It's within topic.