• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Level 5 should be crying right about now.

I wonder if this is going to have an extensive story mode for casual Tsubasa fans?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't bought a soccer game since
$_35.JPG

Time to end that drought a decade later!

The last good football game imo. People hated it but man I loved it so much.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
This looks incredible. Is it based on an anime? It looks like FighterZ levels of anime being perfectly recreated in video game form. Also, this makes me want SSX and other extreme sports games to finally make a comeback.

Yup, it's an old worldwide famous football(soccer) manga/anime from the 80s... the recently did a remake like 2 years ago?

it's well known to be ridiculous as fuck and lots of meme about it, but it's still fun to watch

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You never really watched anime if you havent seen some 10 year old kid running for 3 episodes from one end of the field to the other only to shoot a foot ball at an speed higher than any profesional player could dream

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
The last good football game imo. People hated it but man I loved it so much.

2010 World Cup was so memorable for me.

From the vuvuzelas, controversial ball redesign of the Jabulani, GOAT sports song Wavin' Flag, and being in Barcelona for my honeymoon during the Finals when Spain won. I will always have a fond place on my heart for that game.

Only World Cup more special to me is 2011 Women's World Cup when Japan won during the year of the Fukushima disaster.

Munba

Oct 27, 2017
Day frikin' one! °_° Loved every chapter so far, but 3 on snes remains the best in my memory.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
This new Era of fully realized potential Anime games is fucking rad, I hope this continues with more old properties in the future. We need an honest to god amazing Saint Seiya ARPG in the og style.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
So glad they dropped the rpg elements. There's no arcade football at the moment.

I hope we can make custom teams!

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Tadayoshi Makino (Spinsolfa) composes all the BGM for this work. More than 80 exhilarating and magnificent BGM songs worthy of the royal road sports animation "Captain Tsubasa" will further excite the battle of the wings."
Sounds like they are going all out with the music.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
I dont know much about Captain Tsubasa. Is this game based on the most recent manga series which I think is called Rising Sun or is this an amalgamation of all product lines?

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I dont know much about Captain Tsubasa. Is this game based on the most recent manga series which I think is called Rising Sun or is this an amalgamation of all product lines?

Amalgamation, but it's very likely to be focused on the main characters who debuted in the earlier arcs of Captain Tsubasa as those are the key characters that appeared in the debut trailer for Rise of New Champions.

In Rising Sun, the roster of popular characters in the Tsubasa franchise has more or less become international - whereas the trailer only showed off Japanese characters from the middle school arc.

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
Almost 20 years later and Captain Tsubasa on the NGC hasn't been translated yet. Huge bummer

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
That actually looks good. 10 year old me would be dreaming about a game like this, just 20 years late man :(

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I expect
- all the major characters from middle-school arc
- select characters from the Junior Youth arc to fill out the roster like Karl, Mueller, and Diaz

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, it's an old worldwide famous football(soccer) manga/anime from the 80s... the recently did a remake like 2 years ago?

it's well known to be ridiculous as fuck and lots of meme about it, but it's still fun to watch

I had forgotten how absurd this show is, with the guy narrating every millisecond of Tsubasa's movement, along with everyone else reacting to the match as if they were watching it in super slow motion lol.