• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This definitely makes Jesus seem less impressive in the long run. Like cool you were a virgin birth, reptiles do it all the time.

Even reptiles can walk on water. Either Jesus is a fraud and is not our savior, or he is secretly a reptile.

jesus+christ+lizard+running+on+water.jpg

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
This is the most mind blowing part of the story to me. Is this supposed to be common knowledge that lizards, sharks, birds, and snakes can do this? what the fuck.

It's obviously unusual enough to make headlines. In the wild it's harder to detect and document, but in the case of snakes, they're solitary and have a tendency towards cannibalism so there are plenty of opportunities for asexual reproduction.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading another story about something like this happening a while ago, but now I can't remember their explanation then. I'll just say they thought she had held onto a pocketful of old cum

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
"Similar cases of nonsexual reproduction have been documented in lizards, sharks, birds and snakes, the aquarium says. In 2014, a United Kingdom zoo reported parthenogenesis in a green anaconda."

What the actual fuck

I kinda figured Jurassic Park made this fairly common knowledge, the "life finds a way" plot point in where they filled in the missing parts of the dino DNA with other species, which allowed them to reproduce.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I figured most people knew this, it was literally the "life finds a way" plot point in Jurassic Park where they filled in the missing parts of the dino DNA with other species, which allowed them to reproduce.

But "Life" isn't a sentient entity. How does the body of the lizard, shark, etc. know that it has to do parthenogenesis? How does that work?

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
There are some species out there that don't mate to reproduce at all, they're completely asexual and give birth without sex. Earthworms for example

I don't know what worm you are thinking about, but the common earthworm (Lumbricus terrestris) are hermaphroditic, and most definitely do have sex.
5fc9b4a33d60bca0b1bfd7e43eb9f587b0a85b32_large.jpg

Last edited:

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
But "Life" isn't a sentient entity. How does the body of the lizard, shark, etc. know that it has to do parthenogenesis? How does that work?

The mechanisms for egg production and incubation already exist in healthy female snakes. One possible mechanism for producing a viable embryo without fertilisating the egg is, for instance, to double the mother's chromosomes from the egg, though I don't know whether that's the mechanism involved here. This doubling is a very normal activity within any cell, but tends not to produce viable offspring which is why there aren't a lot of virgin births.

Green anacondas, incidentally, are snakes that incubate and hatch their young inside the body and possess a placenta. This is a rare and only recently confirmed trait. Most other reptiles lay their eggs externally, though some snakes are ovoviviparous, which means they incubate the egg inside the body cavity but do not have a placenta.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Actually, since that is a snake, I'd say it's Satan reborn. However Trump is 72 years old so no.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
so the snake told them she was a virgin?

i know for a fact that she was in a relationship with Johnny Cottonmouth for at least 6 months. And Johnny has a reputation...

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay BUT...

Did you ever of Darth Plague-Hiss the Wise?

It's a snake legend...