• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
53805023_2425734954104719_5740267629835190272_n.jpg

(Not a photo of my car, but a random photo of the same make/model that showed the part)
2014 Ford C-Max Energi
I drove through some standing water on the interstate, I wasn't able to avoid it due to traffic. It knocked the circled piece loose and it now looks as though it was in a fight with a cheese grater after being ground down by the highway. I thought it was a splash guard, but the only ones I'm finding online to buy are behind the tires and don't include a front piece. It re-attached pretty easily but its missing a pin to hold it in place that apparently broke off when I hit the water.

I'd prefer buying the part myself and replace it, but I can't seem to find it online without knowing the actual name. Any ideas?

Thanks, in advance.

OP
OP
Nostremitus

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
I'm not sure exactly what that is and I can't see it in some other photos of this model that I looked at, but here's a part catalog that shows diagrams of the car, so maybe it'll help pin it down? https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/other-body-related-parts-general
Thanks, yeah it only came on the higher trim levels.

Found it, it's part 11398 of the molding, and the pins are HM1 and HM2. Apparently I'll have to buy the entire kit if I want it new.

53733272_2425822010762680_5533585771962826752_n.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
The pins are usually standard throughout the vehicle, sorta plastic clip things that are pressed in. If the hole the pin was in tore, you can poke another hole through the plastic and body panel to fix it cheaply. A body shop usually has those clip pin things. A shade-tree bodyshop kind place could probably get you going in a few minutes with an inexpensive fix. If you want it perfect, then new part.

OP
OP
Nostremitus

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
The pins are usually standard throughout the vehicle, sorta plastic clip things that are pressed in. If the hole the pin was in tore, you can poke another hole through the plastic and body panel to fix it cheaply. A body shop usually has those clip pin things. A shade-tree bodyshop kind place could probably get you going in a few minutes with an inexpensive fix. If you want it perfect, then new part.
Yeah, I'll probably check some local junk yards to see if they have any C-max I can pull from, I'm not buying the entire molding kit for just the one part. The actual piece has been ground down to 2/3 it's original size. I didn't realize it was dragging until I got off the highway. I was hoping to be able to buy one online and have it shipped to me. I still don't know the actual name of the part other than it's a piece of the molding.