• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Her shit bangs.

When was the last time we had someone from NYC doing numbers like this? 50 cent? Seesh.

Oct 25, 2017
Im impressed she managed to do it without a lick of talent. Can't knock the hustle though. Something tells me she isn't going to have a lot of longevity.

You can't knock her for having no talent and then compliment her hustle. She clearly has some talent and her hustle helped show it. All the hustle in the world wont get you to this point if you don't have talent to back it up.

gspec

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see anything special about her music and most of those songs she is not the main except for two. This is overblown. I don't understand the hype about her.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a dire top 10. Rockstar is a guilty pleasure, and that G-Eazy song, if you erase G-Eazy and made it into Cardi B feat. A$AP Rocky, is fun.

The rest... eh.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like her on both Finesse and Motor Sport. Not a huge hip hop guy, but Motor Sport was really good in the club.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, the Pitbull technique of being featured on everyone else's song.
giphy.gif

I like Finesse at least, but that song is pure nostalgia. So that might be cheating.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the songs are features though.

Also the radio ruined Bodak Yellow. Motorsport and Gucci Gang are trash tbh.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
quickly, run down what this "real hip-hop" is. Ive been listening to hip hop for most of my life, please finally be the one to tell me what it is.

Haha Touche that's a good point
What is real hip hop? This is my opinion
It's a culture of putting it all out there your skill and art
It's driven by lyrical expression through tribal sounds that speak to your guts
There is a reverance for what came before and also an rebellion that your time has arrived everyone else move aside

In other words not a flash in the pan paid reality actor (they all have SAG cards on VH1) who can flip one or two lines and captures a moment where the fans are starving for something honest and not this fake celebrity culture it's become
Good for her she's successful I don't support her or dislike her personally
I am dissapointed in the fans for continuing to champion ignorance in the hip hop community

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When Bodak Yellow came out I clowned the hell out of it. That is a horrible song. It was the first time I ever heard of her and the first song I heard.

I've liked everything else I've heard since then. Most of her features are fire.

So yeah I like her now and she's funny too. Bodak Yellow still garbage though.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha Touche that's a good point
What is real hip hop? This is my opinion
It's a culture of putting it all out there your skill and art
It's driven by lyrical expression through tribal sounds that speak to your guts
There is a reverance for what came before and also an rebellion that your time has arrived everyone else move aside

In other words not a flash in the pan paid reality actor (they all have SAG cards on VH1) who can flip one or two lines and captures a moment where the fans are starving for something honest and not this fake celebrity culture it's become
Good for her she's successful I don't support her or dislike her personally
I am dissapointed in the fans for continuing to champion ignorance in the hip hop community
giphy.gif

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
Have you ever been in the club / party when Bodak Yellow comes on?

Yo, I'm not saying it's not a banger. It's a genuine bonified banger. But like, a lot of music came out last year my dude and some of it was better. Also, I'll be happy if she wins Grammys. Grammys connote industry success and I'm happy for her to have that. I just think it's straight up disingenuous for a well-known and established criticism outlet to say that the best song of the year was a highly popular track that everyone sang along to. The song's just clearly not the best song of the year even though it deserves its success.