• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.cardsagainsthumanitysavesamerica.com/

CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY
STOPS THE WALL

Donald Trump is a preposterous golem who is afraid of Mexicans. He is so afraid that he wants to build a twenty-billion dollar wall that everyone knows will accomplish nothing. So we've purchased a plot of vacant land on the border and retained a law firm specializing in eminent domain to make it as time-consuming and expensive as possible for the wall to get built.

On Day 1, all Cards Against Humanity Saves America recipients will get an illustrated map of the land, a certificate of our promise to fight the wall, some new cards, and a few other surprises.

Yeah Im confused and I am still wrapping my head around it

Are they serious? Trolling? IDGI

Someone send help and explain this

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
They are trolling Trump if anyone. Remember when they did those anti Trump campaign ads?

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Here's the FAQs section, heh...

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

WHAT IS THIS?
This is our holiday promotion, Cards Against Humanity Saves America. You'll pay us $15 right now, and we'll send you six surprises in December.

WHAT ARE THE SIX SURPRISES?
The nature of a surprise is that it surprises you when it occurs.

WHAT ARE YOU SAVING AMERICA FROM?
Injustice, lies, racism, the whole enchilada.

YOU SAID YOU WEREN'T GOING TO DO ONE OF THESE COMPLICATED HOLIDAY PROMOTIONS AGAIN.
We're liars, just like the president.

I DON'T LIKE THAT YOU'RE GETTING POLITICAL. WHY DON'T YOU JUST STICK TO CARD GAMES?
Why don't you stick to seeing how many Hot Wheels cars you can fit up your asshole?

WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY GIFTS?
Throughout the month of December you will receive a veritable bukkake of surprises. Get ready.

I DON'T LIVE IN THE US OR CANADA. CAN I STILL SIGN UP?
No. This is Cards Against Humanity Saves America, not Cards Against Humanity Saves The Dumb Country You Live In.

I'D LIKE TO CANCEL MY ORDER.
We'd like to cancel the 2016 election, but neither of us is going to get what we want.

CAN I GIVE THIS AS A GIFT?
Sure. Just put in their address instead of yours. We won't tell them it's from you.

ARE THESE SURPRISES GOING TO EMBARRASS ME OR THE THE PERSON WHO'S GETTING THEM?
The surprises contain no sexual content, graphic violence, or footage of Donald Trump watching Russian prostitutes urinate on a bed Obama slept in. They do have some naughty words, though.

I WANT TO GIVE THIS AS A BIRTHDAY GIFT. WILL THE GIFTS ARRIVE ON THE EXACT DATE I NEED THEM? CAN I EXPEDITE SHIPPING?
We can't control the exact dates and there's no expedited shipping.

CAN I USE AN APO OR FPO ADDRESS?
Unfortunately, we can't ship these gifts to APO or FPO addresses. Please forgive us, or use someone else's domestic address.

IS CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT NOW?
We're just being regular correct.

OP
OP
DrROBschiz

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever good on them using their powers for good instead of the usual evil we have become accustomed to

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty amazing. Buying it.

EDIT: Welp, just saw the above link about the creator. I had no idea.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Awesome, the only year I managed to get in was amazing, looking forward to saving your country!

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Here's the FAQs section, heh...

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

WHAT IS THIS?
This is our holiday promotion, Cards Against Humanity Saves America. You'll pay us $15 right now, and we'll send you six surprises in December.

WHAT ARE THE SIX SURPRISES?
The nature of a surprise is that it surprises you when it occurs.

WHAT ARE YOU SAVING AMERICA FROM?
Injustice, lies, racism, the whole enchilada.

YOU SAID YOU WEREN'T GOING TO DO ONE OF THESE COMPLICATED HOLIDAY PROMOTIONS AGAIN.
We're liars, just like the president.

I DON'T LIKE THAT YOU'RE GETTING POLITICAL. WHY DON'T YOU JUST STICK TO CARD GAMES?
Why don't you stick to seeing how many Hot Wheels cars you can fit up your asshole?

WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY GIFTS?
Throughout the month of December you will receive a veritable bukkake of surprises. Get ready.

I DON'T LIVE IN THE US OR CANADA. CAN I STILL SIGN UP?
No. This is Cards Against Humanity Saves America, not Cards Against Humanity Saves The Dumb Country You Live In.

I'D LIKE TO CANCEL MY ORDER.
We'd like to cancel the 2016 election, but neither of us is going to get what we want.

CAN I GIVE THIS AS A GIFT?
Sure. Just put in their address instead of yours. We won't tell them it's from you.

ARE THESE SURPRISES GOING TO EMBARRASS ME OR THE THE PERSON WHO'S GETTING THEM?
The surprises contain no sexual content, graphic violence, or footage of Donald Trump watching Russian prostitutes urinate on a bed Obama slept in. They do have some naughty words, though.

I WANT TO GIVE THIS AS A BIRTHDAY GIFT. WILL THE GIFTS ARRIVE ON THE EXACT DATE I NEED THEM? CAN I EXPEDITE SHIPPING?
We can't control the exact dates and there's no expedited shipping.

CAN I USE AN APO OR FPO ADDRESS?
Unfortunately, we can't ship these gifts to APO or FPO addresses. Please forgive us, or use someone else's domestic address.

IS CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT NOW?
We're just being regular correct.
I used to think they didn't come off as trying too hard to be edgy. This FAQ changes my opinion.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, there's also the not-really-thinly-veiled-at-all legal threat in the statement he issued.

I spoke with my lawyer, and she thinks I have a clear case to sue this woman for libel and get a restraining order, but I have no desire to bully or harm her. Additionally, I'm not wild about the precedent that sets for other women to come forward in cases of actual sexual assault.

"I could sue you into oblivion, but I'm good."

Gee, thanks?

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like the game much, but I wish I worked for a company that can just fuck around like this.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
As is laid out in that article, just because it frames itself as offensive doesn't give it a pass. It ends up being a smoke screen that lets people make cookie cutter jokes at the expense of whatever is on the card (and let's not forget that not everything is fair game, as they've removed cards in the past like "date rape").

What's left is just a barely functioning 'game' that functions purely to give people an excuse to use "Jews" or "black people" as a punchline when they wouldn't normally get away with it.

Anyway, I'm derailing the thread so I'll leave it there

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Okay, the FAQ is pretty fucking hilarious. All my friends that have the card game though has made their own cards cause they're cheap ass colllege students, so...

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care for the game, but these joke boxes are usually good for a laugh.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017

This article and the original Jezebel article linked in it have always been pretty stupid. They try to play up that they are being neutral and just reporting the facts but then they always throw in the "but he didn't apologize" in at the end. Like, why the fuck would you apologize for rape if you said you didn't do it? Throwing in the apology angle in, pretty much means that the author has decided he's guilty.

Edit* I should say I have absolutely no idea whether he did it or not, but this idea that anyone even accused of something should apologize, is complete bonkers.

Last edited:

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
"I DON'T LIVE IN THE US OR CANADA. CAN I STILL SIGN UP?
No. This is Cards Against Humanity Saves America, not Cards Against Humanity Saves The Dumb Country You Live In."

Fuck.

OP
OP
DrROBschiz

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
This topic took a turn but ill admit ignorance to the issued surrounding the games creator

I totally can understand the criticisms levied against the game itself though

That said this topic is about this bizarre campaign and i'm curious whether to take it seriously based on the creators history and obviously the core nature of his business

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
As is laid out in that article, just because it frames itself as offensive doesn't give it a pass. It ends up being a smoke screen that lets people make cookie cutter jokes at the expense of whatever is on the card (and let's not forget that not everything is fair game, as they've removed cards in the past like "date rape").

What's left is just a barely functioning 'game' that functions purely to give people an excuse to use "Jews" or "black people" as a punchline when they wouldn't normally get away with it.

Anyway, I'm derailing the thread so I'll leave it there
If you have the presence of mind while you're writing a post to include a note about how you're derailing the thread, maybe just cancel posting it.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just not down to give any money to an alleged rapist who then threatens the accuser into silence. Notice how most men aren't doing that?

Believe women.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's also the not-really-thinly-veiled-at-all legal threat in the statement he issued.

"I could sue you into oblivion, but I'm good."

Gee, thanks?

People were going to ask if he was going to sue her since he says the accusations are 100% false, so he laid it out in the statement beforehand.

Also if he says he's absolutely didn't do this, why in the world would he apologize? Would anyone really be happy if he said "Sorry you think I did this, but I absolutely didn't!" That would piss people off even more.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just not down to give any money to an alleged rapist who then threatens the accuser into silence. Notice how most men aren't doing that?

Believe women.
So someone should never make use or threaten the use of libel laws if they feel like they've been accused of something false?

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Believe women.
You don't want to give money to support a current issue because of an alleged one.

And that is totally fine and entirely your choice.

Back to the topic, I wonder how much land you get for your money? And what happens if your neighbours are total jerks?

TheLinguist

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the FAQ is amazing. If I lived in the country, I'd totally go for it. We used it as an icebreaker for uni and it was brilliant.