• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Great video. Sadly, I on't think anything like this will push the needle in a major way like we currently need in the US. The hope right now is getting waves of young and minority people out to vote on election day to push Trump and the GOP out of office and out of power. And not just this one time, but constantly and yearly.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Good vid. I like how he put emphasis on how most of those political commentators are millionaires, and thus out of touch with what affects most people in the country.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking that the aesthetic/style reminded be of breadtube and then he turned on the pink/purple/whatever light, lol.

Decent vid. Maybe could've gone a bit more in-depth on some stuff but the ideas are sound.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good video

8YdGCCT.gif

Phineous_2

Oct 29, 2017
So Carlos Maza has gone Independent now after doing some great work at Vox and has finally released a short video about the Media class in the US and how and why they have a stake in the status quo in the US. Its really quite good!

Remember the media aren't your friends and are largely the propaganda outfits of large corporations!

This was excellent. Thank you for posting.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
"I'm scared"
"So am I. We all are. We're going up against the final boss. It's supposed to be scary. Fighting for a better world is scary"

Profound as always.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Great stuff. My parents are in this fear state right now. They're both retired/semi-retired and watch CNN/MSNBC every day and are completely wrapped up in this "electability" cycle and "too far left" fear tactics.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No it didn't. Donald Trump just proves the US is more right wing than thought.
there were plenty of articles and pieces in 2015/2016 about how Donald Trump was unelectable and yet here we are. At the end of the day electability is a meaningless term that we used for something because the last election the most unelectable candidate beat the most "electable" candidate

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
there were plenty of articles and pieces about how Donald Trump was unelectable and yet here we are. At the end of the day electability is a meaningless term that we used for something because the last election the most unelectable candidate beat the most "electable" candidate
Hillary Clinton wasn't really the most electable person during that time. If Biden had ran during that cycle, he probably would have won the Primary and that cycle. You had the more electable Democrat against the person with the most open opinion that the vast majority of the WWC agrees with.

luckily for left tube since they mostly come from money, if this attempt fails, they can just move out as the US drifts into an even more authoritarian trump regime.

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017
No it didn't. Donald Trump just proves the US is more right wing than thought and it was already known the US is more right wing than most western countries.

This is an incredible oversimplification that fails to take into account voter suppression, voter turnout, and the fact that Hillary won the popular vote.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
This is an incredible oversimplification that fails to take into account voter suppression, voter turnout, and the fact that Hillary won the popular vote.
Given the fucked up electoral system that grants a large number of nowhere states disproportionate electoral power, it is correct. I never said the US voting population is more right wing. The US itself is via several institutional mechanisms intended to slow progress.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
yep, he nailed it. the punditry class by and large want the status quo and that will be reflected in how they talk about sanders. nevermind that they do not represent the majority of americans.

millenials are into their late 30s/40s now. we've always had the numbers but i think bernie will connect with enough of us to turn out in force. things are beginning to build and people are really believing.

it will be even more apparent after super tuesday when he cleans up in texas/california.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think too far left is when you join the sovereign citizen movement