• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Came in here expecting:

burgerydkvo.jpg

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad this'll only be in Colorado, we legalized weed here in Cali too you guys ;__; (though it's CBD so it won't do what people expect a weed burger to do)

Yeah, some people swear by it. What's the word on that stuff? I'm leaning toward snake-oil but I don't really smoke. Damn, I'd prob. be a prime candidate to try some out and see if there are any effects.

Point is, CBD seems like a cop out and a half. Did anyone actually ask for this? lol
Yeah it's pretty dumb, produces no real short term effect. Maybe it has some extremely mild pain relief or relaxing effect
This may surprise you but different people react differently to drugs. What doesn't work for someone might work very well for others. In the last CBD nonsense thread I pointed out when I tried it it made my eyes itch for about 8-10 minutes and then went away entirely, but my dad uses it to help with his back pain and says it works better than the prescription drugs he gets from his doctor.

Or, as I said last time, I took advil for a headache once and it didn't help, so I guess advil is snake oil too, right? CBD is very, very "Your Mileage May Vary" *especially* due to so many misleading "versions" of it on the market now that either have extremely small (ie useless) amounts of CBD oil in them, or even none at all! Can't say I blame people who try it and get nothing from it for thinking it's worthless but it's not like that for everyone, so it's not really helpful to spread the "snake oil" stuff just because it didn't work for you.

Last edited:

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
It's not snake oil. It still has pain relieving properties, but it has no THC so nothing to affect the mind. This is basically just the medicine part of weed in a burger being falsely advertised as some weed burger. People are going to be disappointed but that doesn't mean CBD itself does nothing of value and needs to be regulated against existing.

If you're referring to the false advertising being the snake oil part, then I agree. If you're referring to CBD having benefits as being snake oil, then I disagree.

Oh, I'm specifically referring to the way "CBD infused" is used to scam people.

CBD has clinically proven medical value, but without any real government oversight it is almost always a scam when it's sold outside of a pharmacy because products do not have a chemically significant concentration necessary to have any actual effect.

CBD is real medicine.

CBD infused products are bullshit.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
This may surprise you but different people react differently to drugs. What doesn't work for someone might work very well for others. In the last CBD nonsense thread I pointed out when I tried it it made my eyes itch for about 8-10 minutes and then went away entirely, but my dad uses it to help with his back pain and says it works better than the prescription drugs he gets from his doctor.

Or, as I said last time, I took advil for a headache once and it didn't help, so I guess advil is snake oil too, right? CBD is very, very "Your Mileage May Vary" *especially* due to so many misleading "versions" of it on the market now that either have extremely small (ie useless) amounts of CBD oil in them, or even none at all! Can't say I blame people who try it and get nothing from it for thinking it's worthless but it's not like that for everyone, so it's not really helpful to spread the "snake oil" stuff just because it didn't work for you.
I dig. I would def. try it. All my friends just smoke/vape the stuff that's high THC tho. They actually left something on my desk last night 72.13% THC, .032% CBD. I would just get baked as fuck trying that one lol Will find some soon enough, it's def. getting more popular. Thanks for the insight.

Frank

Oct 25, 2017
I never understood cooking with cannabis. I'd rather smoke a joint and eat something delicious, as opposed to eating something that tastes awful to catch in buzz in 90 minutes.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I dig. I would def. try it. All my friends just smoke/vape the stuff that's high THC tho. They actually left something on my desk last night 72.13% THC, .032% CBD. I would just get baked as fuck trying that one lol Will find some soon enough, it's def. getting more popular. Thanks for the insight.
Lmao see that's exactly the problem with CBD right now, it can have that little in it, so technically, it has CBD and can be marketed as CBD weed, but I can't imagine that would ever help anyone at all. If you go to a dispensary they would have stuff that's a more even ratio, or even stuff that's pure CBD with little to no THC in it at all, and that's the stuff that people tend to use for pain relief. Getting stoned is fun but if you're dealing with chronic pain then a nice buzz isn't really what you're after lol. Likewise if you're looking for a good buzz, CBD will do absolutely nothing for you.

I never understood cooking with cannabis. I'd rather smoke a joint and eat something delicious, as opposed to eating something that tastes awful to catch in buzz in 90 minutes.
I agree with you completely, but edibles are typically far more potent than smoking or vaping. Also some people don't like inhaling stuff, even if it's just vapor, and they deserve to get high too! :p

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
This trend to have CBD in everything is getting annoying. Most this stuff doesn't have enough to do jackshit for pain. Even if it did, CBD is THC's lame cousin.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, some people swear by it. What's the word on that stuff? I'm leaning toward snake-oil but I don't really smoke. Damn, I'd prob. be a prime candidate to try some out and see if there are any effects.

Point is, CBD seems like a cop out and a half. Did anyone actually ask for this? lol
It's snake oil with like zero quality control.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Well yeah, but what kind of person is gonna say "man my back hurts, better go scarf down a burger from Carl Jr's"?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, but what kind of person is gonna say "man my back hurts, better go scarf down a burger from Carl Jr's"?

Exactly, this is like if Tylenol was mixed in with the paddies. No one would argue Tylenol is bad, but a "Tylenol Infused Paddy" would be ridiculous.

If CBD is pain medicine it needs to be treated as such.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Cbd...so it makes you relax a little and sleep easier.

Cbd dont really get anyone high. Do t know where that's coming from. It's more just a light relaxing thing for stressed folk. Lots of folks in the industrial sector use it because melatonin leaves em too groggy and some get vivid dreams on melatonin. Cbd seems like a chill thing without the ingredient called "fuck it" that a certain comedian speaks of .

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine literally nobody which is why this particular marketing stunt is IMO really stupid.

If anything it'll just add to the "CBD is bullshit" misconception because people will go "hurr durr gonna go buy me a weed burger" and then an hour later go "well what the fuck I don't feel anything I ate at Carl's Jr for nothing"

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i saw a cbd ginger drink at the store the other day, seems like it would be good for upset stomach trouble

meanwhile i made cannabis curry and that came out well

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
This oregano, man is snapping so good on myself rn. oh snap it's not oregano!!1

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking stupid.

CBD infused foods is the dumbest thing, and it's usually just a way to turn a $6 latte into a $14/latte. Lemme guess, this burger is going to cost like $20. Oh, $4.20. Well. At that price the amount of CBD in it has to be microscopic.

I'm not into edibles because I don't like how long they last, but a lot of people aren't into smoking things. Can't blame them, smoking usually sucks, it's messy, stains walls, etc.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
I think Carls Jr were also the first to have a Jack Daniels infused burger.