• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Didn't she sleep with a boyband member when he was really young and bash her partner over the head with a lamp?

She seemed deeply troubled, RIP

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Innapropriate comment, history of repeated offenses
Can't feel sorry for a domestic abuser and pedophile.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Inappropriate Pedantry on a Sensitive Subject and Inflammatory Commentary

Guilty until proven innocent I guess? Also the legal age in the UK is 16, Harry Styles was 17 and while the 14 year age gap can be frowned upon she was not a pedophile. Many older women would have given their right leg to date Harry Styles.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the press and celebs who hounded her will tweet about how talking is important, etc etc

Horrible situation

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's kinda crazy. I feel like I saw her on TV almost her whole career, back when she showed up on a small video game show on Bravo in 2004 with Dominik Diamond

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
She wasn't a pedophile, he was 16. Frown upon it for sure but legally she did nothing wrong.

Two sides to every story with regards to the lamp incident. We have no idea if she was suffering psychological abuse from her partner or whatever leading up to the incident. It doesn't make it ok, and I know I'd be less fair if it were the other way around, but yeah.

At the end of the day, to go as far as to commit suicide she must have been deeply troubled, and it's therefore worth keeping her actions in that context.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Fucking hell, she's been through the wringer lately, poor woman.

For anyone not sure who she is...

She recently the crap out of her partner with a lamp to the point police stated it looked like a murder scene. She was in the process of going through the courts for this behaviour.

Not sure if her passing was accidental or not but sad for all involved that it's ended up like this.

Perhaps she had other problems we didn't know about. Always hard to open up about these things especially if you're famous.

RIP.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
She recently the shit out of her partner with a lamp to the point police stated it looked like a murder scene. She was in the process of going through the courts for this behaviour.

To add to this it had not yet been proven, she pleaded not guilty and the trial was meant to start on the 4th of March. Her partner also came out and defended her completely. Obviously she could have done it and should have faced punishment for it if that was the case. Death is certainly not that punishment though and yet again it's a sad situation all around RIP.

Edit: Got half of my facts wrong. Some of you need to chill.

Maybe you should chill with the hot takes in the first place then?

TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
Edit: Got half of my facts wrong. Some of you need to chill.
No, one would expect one to be well informed, instead of spouting nonsense like you just did, and to come in this thread and blame someone while they just died, and then even still have your facts wrong, and you have the audacity to tell people to chill ? ..love it when it backfires, like you just did.

Next time properly educate yourself.

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
Damn...I enjoyed the little bit I saw of her on love island. I know she had issues lately but that's still pretty rough.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of her past, she was suffering and clearly deeply troubled. I can't imagine what she was going through in her last moments. I hope she found some peace at least.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
To add to this it had not yet been proven, she pleaded not guilty and the trial was meant to start on the 4th of March. Her partner also came out and defended her completely.

The police themselves were pushing for the prosecution I believe.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the attack was heard over the phone as he desperately tried to call the police during the attack.

Anyway, that's seemingly not important now as a life has been lost that didn't need to be.

Mehr

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Sun doing there usual and trying to delete all evidence of them being total cunts
EQ1fTAXXYAc3r3B

RIP

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't think she had just split up with her boyfriend but they weren't allowed to see each other.

RIP

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
Sad for anyone to take their own life. Lots of interesting takes about the domestic-violence issues.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Social media bullying and newspapers have played some part in this no doubt, I think social media needs monitoring better, so many people on these platforms claim to care about mental health and many of them are the same ones who attack people, it needs to stop.

We need to treat each other better, it's incredibly sad, we are all human and we all have feelings, people are so quick to cast judgement on others and send hateful comments towards them.

I feel terrible for her family, RIP.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The police themselves were pushing for the prosecution I believe.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the attack was heard over the phone as he desperately tried to call the police during the attack.

Anyway, that's seemingly not important now as a life has been lost that didn't need to be.

After the whole Johnny Depp/Amber Heard thing I personally take a more cautious approach when it comes to 100% saying someone is an abuser. I believe and listen to the victim as anyone should (in this case the victim says it didn't happen or at least not in the way it was perceived). We don't know much of the story at all and as I said, if she did abuse him she should have faced punishment for sure.

I completely agree with your last sentence though that a life has been lost that shouldn't have which is the most important thing here.

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
Did she die of natural causes or was it Suicide ? If it the later the media has some thinking to do.