• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
www.humanoidstudios.com

Humanoid Origin

Humanoid Origin was founded on the axiom that creative freedom and independence lead to better, more innovative games.

Founded by Casey Hudson
and talented developers from around the world,
we combine excellence in the arts with advanced sciences
to deliver the future of interactive entertainment.

We believe in hiring great people,
empowering them with the best tools and a supportive environment,
and providing them the creative freedom to do their best work.
We are building something special, and we invite you to
join us.

Humanoid Studios is a new videogame company founded on the axiom that creative freedom and independence lead to better, more innovative games. We believe in the power of small, agile teams, and a flat organizational structure, where everyone is empowered to make decisions and help drive the project vision.

We are a Canadian company with offices in B.C. and Alberta, offering a flexible work environment combining from-home, in-office, and remote work – as well as industry-leading compensation and benefits. By joining Humanoid, you will be welcomed into a diverse team of talented developers creating an immersive new universe of story, character, and discovery.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Not much to say yet, but it seems to currently be a small team based in B.C./ Alberta and are collaborating on a new IP. They are hiring for multiple senior level roles on their website.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A little light for a studio announcement, but everything about the tweet and website seemed more aimed at potential recruits rather than the general public. Curious to know who else is part of this studio.

image.png

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
All the best to this new team. Doubt we will be seeing anything for a few years. Interested to see what direction they go.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the only people calling their studio Humanoid Studios would be people who aren't humanoid. This is clearly a cover for aliens.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if Sony is looking for a partnership. They seem keen on these new studios started up by these big names.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Casey is super talented...I always thought he would go back to Xbox when he was done with whatever project he had going at EA. wish him the best.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I should be excited, the only thing I remember him being the director of recently was Anthem and we all know how that turned out. I guess the first project they release will tell us if its failure was him or EA meddling.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I wonder if they are going to do single player or multiplayer games, not clear at all from the website, and I know the idea of Anthem, a multiplayer game that had a lot of story was something Casey spearheaded. Either way, seems like this announcement is mainly for hiring and probably several years away until an actual game

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Bioware never recovered from his loss. Even with all its shortcomings, ME3 was their last game that can be considered great. And he coming back and leaving again makes me question what is happening inside Bioware right now.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully he's working on something a little more achievable, like the Peter Tork of video games

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what kinds of games they'll be developing
It's always interesting seeing devs from big companies start their own.
Depending on their work you get a sense for if they genuinely liked the types of games they were previously working on and had other issues (ie. large company overhead/politics, large team sizes, etc) or if they didn't particularly want to keep making those types of games

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
We are Humanoid Studios. This is the first tiny step in our journey, and we hope you'll come along with us on the adventure.

This has to be a cover story for a non humanoid alien invasion.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Depending on their work you get a sense for if they genuinely liked the types of games they were previously working on and had other issues (ie. large company overhead/politics, large team sizes, etc) or if they didn't particularly want to keep making those types of games
Based on the past, most likely something that would go in line with what they worked on before. Like Bungie from Halo to Destiny or Bokeh Studio from Siren to their current Horror game project they are working on.

We are Humanoid Studios. This is the first tiny step in our journey, and we hope you'll come along with us on the adventure.

This has to be a cover story for a non humanoid alien invasion.
Are they still alien if they were always on this planet? XD

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
That's actually what I was wondering in the other thread, it doesn't say what type of games they are going to make yet. Like the idea behond Anthem of a multiplayer game that you could tell a personal story that the player influences I was under the idea was something Casey always wanted to do, I wonder if that's the kind of game they will make?

Oct 27, 2017
Based on the past, most likely something that would go in line with what they worked on before. Like Bungie from Halo to Destiny or Bokeh Studio from Siren to their current Horror game project they are working on.
Yeah, but then you look at Hajime Tabata from SE and he's gone from FF games to making one for the Paralympics. Not saying he didn't enjoy his work before, but it is a drastic transition that shows he probably wanted to try working on other things

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see what kind of games they will develop. I wish them good luck!
Bioware never recovered from his loss. Even with all its shortcomings, ME3 was their last game that can be considered great. And he coming back and leaving again makes me question what is happening inside Bioware right now.
The biggest question isn't about who leaves, but what the people who stayed and those who are new will do. I'm waiting until the next DA and ME games before I draw any conclusion.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Interested to see what they make and if they'll do RPGs or something totally different.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Yeah, but then you look at Hajime Tabata from SE and he's gone from FF games to making one for the Paralympics. Not saying he didn't enjoy his work before, but it is a drastic transition that shows he probably wanted to try working on other things
To be fair, not everyone enjoys working on AAA games, especially if they have worked on them for a long time.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I imagine you could form 1 hell of studio from ex Bioware people, excited to see where they go.