• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The-Witcher-Netflix-1280x720.jpg

Now that the pilot episode script is completely drafted up and ready to go, it's time to start getting serious about the upcoming Neflix series based off of the novels that inspired CD Projekt RED's The Witcher. With the author of the books, Andrzej Sapkowski, on board as creative, and the show's writer Lauren S. Hissrich doling out new information regarding the show - including revealing that it's further along than we initially thought!

Hissrich took to her Twitter account to pretty much go all out on the latest inside look into the new series based on our beloved Geralt of Rivia. "Let's talk casting. Yes, I said the magic word! Casting is starting soon, and no, I can't tell you who our top picks are so don't ask. But. There is something very important you need to know," she starts out in what became quite the lengthy expose!

"Normally, when casting a show, the casting director pulls character-specific scenes from the pilot script for actors' auditions. However, because we're casting internationally (which means lots of emails and self-tapes) and because we know by now the internet keeps no secrets," she began, "the writing staff has instead created entirely new scenes for our main characters. These are written to illustrate the precise tone, vibe, depth, and emotional resonance we need from Geralt and friends... but voila! They are spoiler-free, for us and for you."

She continued, "Which means if you start seeing Witcher scenes floating around the internet in the coming weeks -- yes, they're probably real! But no, they won't give anything away as to the stories we're telling, or the ways we're telling them. You're safe. For now. And hells yes, his name is Jaskier."

More: http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/06/27/the-witcher-netflix-series-begun-casting/

I still can't believe this is fucking happening. What's your dream cast for The Witcher show?

Personally, I want Josh Holloway as Geralt.

Josh_Halloway_1.jpg

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Geralt needs to be perfect casting. Whoever they choose, he better bring that "killing monsters" badass old daddy vibe.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still need to get around to reading the books but Yennefer was my favorite thing about the TW3. I really hope they cast someone good for her.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so excited for this series. It definitely has Game of Thrones potential. They need to make sure they get a AAA composer.

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
Mads please ♡ And since Eva Green has proved herself also an amazing TV actress... Give her Yennefer!

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mads as Geralt, Eva Green as Yennefer, Emily blunt as Triss.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Katie McGrath as Yennefer. Do it, Netflix. She's basically already a sorceress as it is.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If it's not Mads then it should be Zach McGowan.

From watching him in Black Sails as Vane he can TOTALLY nail the part imo.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be mortally disappointed if they don't cast Angela Lansbury as Gerald or whatever the fuck his name is.