• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
They can't really do much in that regard, because most of the main cast in the books is very specifically described to be white and from regions with (mostly) white people. Geralt, Yennefer, Jaskier (Dandelion), Milva and Ciri are very specifically described as being white. The only ones I can see them playing around with are Cahir and Regis since Cahir is a Nilfgaardian (and thus from 'the south' where darker skin colours are more frequent) and Regis' background is largely unknown, which would give them the possibility to get creative.

That said, if the first season focuses on the short stories, they wouldn't need to cast those roles yet anyway, since the only main cast you would need for the short stories are Geralt and Jaskier.
I think there might be some surprises, based on what Sapkowski told the showrunner. Kinda how, eight books in, Dandelion suddenly turned out to be blonde.

JWomncA.png

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Itll be interesting to see how they go. Are they even going based on source material? Or loosely based?
According to the announcement it's going to be pretty much a direct adaptation of the books. Though the first two books are mostly unconnected short stories, so there might be some original material in there.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Its too late. My heart already casted these two.

spfXnua.jpg

eyB57RV.jpg

Sorry Trish fans

Dont worry, neither the books nor the 3rd game treat Trish as canon.
Trish fans dont have a leg to stand on.

Also, holy shit that last 2 really look like banter between Geralt and Yen lol

So in between the end of Witcher short story and TW1.

Thanks.

No, its going to tell the story of the books, the games are sequels to the last book (non canon if you talk with sapkowski, but you can treat them as such and it wouldnt matter).
Wouldnt surprise me if they start with the first small stories, mixing it with some of the last wish and sword of destiny more important chapters, to present yen and really young Ciri.
Blood of Elves is were all the big story stuff starts to happen and when kid Ciri starts to be a main characters. Wouldnt surprise me if the leave that for a second season.

Last edited:

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can dream this will be on par at least with Game Of Thrones quality wise, but I fear it will be way off.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if people suggesting Mads have ever heard him talk, or even seen him outside of those few pictures where the beard managed to hide how creepy the dude looks.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
That's really interesting. I can't even imagine either of those characters sounding like Mikkelsen without some serious changes to their characterization, especially Doom's.

I've only recently started reading the books but Mads is exactly how I imagine the witcher sounding and looking like.
His roles in "The Hunt" and "Hannibal" have showed me two sides of his acting that fit so well in Gerald. A playful and honest side and a freaking scary side.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned : Unnecessary Hostility.
Nicolas Cage as Geralt
Ok why the fuck do people feel the need to just straight out waste time and post stupid inane shit. Fabio? Cage? If you have nothing to contribute fuck right on off.
It is the stupidest thing to have to wade through and it happens in so many threads

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
I've only recently started reading the books but Mads is exactly how I imagine the witcher sounding and looking like.
His roles in "The Hunt" and "Hannibal" have showed me two sides of his acting that fit so well in Gerald. A playful and honest side and a freaking scary side.
But Geralt is only scary when he's doped up on elixirs. That should be a job for the SFX department, not the actor's genetics.

Geralt isn't exactly Prince Charming lol
Oh, believe me, I don't want him to be played by some random hunk, but there has to be a middle ground between Prince Charming and the kind of slimy manipulators Mikkelsen was born to play.
Geralt is already a weird-looking depressive simpleton. Surely he'd at least have to have an attractive voice. I know it's a fantasy series, but I don't know if I could suspend my disbelief to endure the romance subplots if he's also a lispy mumbler.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
Ok why the fuck do people feel the need to just straight out waste time and post stupid inane shit. Fabio? Cage? If you have nothing to contribute fuck right on off.
It is the stupidest thing to have to wade through and it happens in so many threads
whoa whoa, calma señor. it's only words on a screen, don't pop a blood vessel. gee whiz

Oct 29, 2017

It's a fucking video game forum, dude. Go outside.

Oct 27, 2017
User warned for insulting another member

butt hurt loser

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Bit of a late bump, but just saw this on twitter and thought "that's about as close to Geralt" as I've seen for an actor so far.

Wonder when we'll start hearing the casting choices? Like for anyone who knows how long is it usually between casting calls to the announcements for shows?

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Bit of a late bump, but just saw this on twitter and thought "that's about as close to Geralt" as I've seen for an actor so far.

Wonder when we'll start hearing the casting choices? Like for anyone who knows how long is it usually between casting calls to the announcements for shows?

Wow, I loved the guy on Black Sails, but never thought of him as Geralt. I'll be honest, he would actually be an amazing choice, both physically and personality/voice-wise. He might be a bit too tall to play Wolverine though.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Charles Vane rocks but its too...1:1 with the videogame performance (which I love). I think it would be more interesting seeing a different performance for Geralt.

that tends to happen with fancasting. a lot of people (including myself) just want it to be exactly like what they saw before.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had to google BAME...so, they're trying to make Ciri non-white...that is a bold move.

The Witcher [Confidential]

THE WITCHER for Netflix
Overall shoot dates: 18th October 2018 - end May 2019

CIRI
LEAD ROLE. OPTIONS REQUIRED
Cirilla. The Lion Cub of Cintra

Looking for a 16 or 15 year old BAME girl who can play down to 13/14. Must not be older than 18 years old.

Resilient, Relentless, Brazen, Growing.

CIRI can often be found rough-housing with the Palace hands instead of sitting in finery at the knee of the QUEEN CALANTHE, her grandmother. That is, until Cintra is massacred by the Nilfgaardians and CIRI is orphaned, left to traverse THE CONTINENT, alone. She doesn't know it yet, but she's a direct descendent of LARA DORREN, an Elven Mage – which is why everyone in our series is after her. We follow CIRI as she evades her captors, and in the meantime, discovers her magical talents, her dark side, and the role she is to play in the coming apocalypse. We are looking for an extraordinary young talent to lead this series. She should be brave hearted and MUST have something truly special about her.

The Witcher an 8 x one hour, fantasy drama for Netflix created by Lauren Schmidt Hissrich (The West Wing, The Defenders, Daredevil) and based on the book series of the same name by Andrzej Sapkowski.

GERALT, a genetically enhanced monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts.

GERALT's story entwines with CIRI, an orphaned young girl who wants to find a family & YENNEFER, a powerful sorceress whose beauty and talent come at cost.

Bound together by destiny, often against their will, the three must navigate THE CONTINENT together. And Geralt and Yennefer reliaze that they must protect this girl - who might just destroy the world. Need we say more?

If you fit the bill, please submit a headshot and CV to [email protected] with the subject line 'NYT The Witcher' asap

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
So with that Ciri casting call, I think we can pretty safely say this series is not going to tackle the short stories. Since Ciri is 13/14/15/16 during the saga and younger/not born during the short stories.