banter

Jan 12, 2018
Yes, another former Xbox exclusive that will be right at home in the palms of my hands on Switch. I love it!

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
September is too stacked.

Will buy it on PS4 but probably not even this year...

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, may have to hold off on this one with everything coming out in September.
But I can't wait to replay this.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
ahhhhh September is packed ahhhh
Pink Knight?? Pink Knight!!

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Cramming everhthing in september makes me believe the holiday months will be even more stacked.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Surprised this hasn't been generating as much hype. Missed the news here completely and only noticed in the eshop itself. Portable castle crashers is something I dreamt of from the start so I'm excited!

Anyone know what the release time is? Its 17th in the UK now, cant buy it still

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I kinda want to get it.. but I own it on Steam (the steam version kinda sucks), but not sure I want to spend $15 on it. I may wait for it to go on sale. :|

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
Bought! This released just as I finished River City Girls' full ending, timing couldn't be any better!

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Pretty tempted to get this to go through it again.

Haven't played it since it came out, which was when I was like 14. What problems exactly?
too much like a platinum games game I guess?

fairly weird drive by comment about a game with an 85 on MC
It's incredibly grindy even compared to most RPGs in general which only gets worse on the unlockable difficulty. It wouldn't be too bad if the combat had any depth to it or if the game itself didn't feel like it copy and pasted most of the levels with each other.

It's fine for a mindless brawler, but if you're looking for something with some legs to it then there's better beat em ups available now.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Game feels like it was built for the Switch now, so I'll happily get it there. It's going to be awhile before I actually play it though.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
I remember being so excited for this back on the 360 and the online multiplayer being completely broken.

This one works online right?

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
It's incredibly grindy even compared to most RPGs in general which only gets worse on the unlockable difficulty. It wouldn't be too bad if the combat had any depth to it or if the game itself didn't feel like it copy and pasted most of the levels with each other.

It's fine for a mindless brawler, but if you're looking for something with some legs to it then there's better beat em ups available now.

It's not a well-loved opinion, but I agree with you and would go further by saying that Castle Crashers benefited a LOT from being a pretty good beat-em-up after a decade and a half of the genre being dead. I really enjoyed the game back when it came out, and I loved brawlers growing up in the 90s, but it's a genre that carries a host of limitations. When you can get in the headspace to love one, you'll adore it, but if you aren't there they can seem way too repetitive. Castle Crashers doesn't transcend its genre, but came at the right time to be beloved.

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just as good as I remembered, been so good to play through this again

Always surprised they didn't make a sequel, this always felt like the Behemoth's most marketable game

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
They need to actually make a sequel to this and stop rereleasing it. I swear this is going to go to skyrim lengths of ports.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Am I about to buy this again? Was it really only 30fps back on the 360?
How is it as a single player experience? Even worth it to run through alone?
Keep in mind I haven't played this game since the 360 days - but I enjoyed it a lot and played it through multiple times in SP (you need to beat it several times to unlock characters). Some late game battles can be difficult but I officially suck at beat em ups and still pushed through.
This or guardian heroes?
This is unfair, Guardian Heroes wins against most games of the genre.
These aren't really comparable anyway, Castle Crashers is a lot more simple, like your standard beat em up. It doesn't have the depth of GH. Still fun though.

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea this was a thing at all. Will have to add it to my wishlist on PS4. I liked it a lot last gen although I don't think I played it very much.