• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
So..

Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Super Castlevania IV
Castlevania Bloodlines
Castlevania the Adventure
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
Kid Dracula

Not bad.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
There goes that weird "Simon's Quest will be in an Iga-vania bundle instead" theory.

Still wish we got Adventure: ReBirth though.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
having Kid Dracula is cool, shame about rebirth still being forever dead cause of WiiWare

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These are coming to all the consoles right? Never played Castlevania before so it'd be cool to play through these.

Oct 29, 2017
Kid Dracula!?!? Fuck yeah!!

Nice to see them include CV2 GB as well!

I would be hyped for Bloodlines as well; but I think I'd rather play it on the Mega Drive mini. The emulation will probably be better there...

... still, I'm not complaining about getting a portable version on my Switch! :D

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodlines and Dracula's Curse make this a day one purchase

Rondo & the others will be in the second collection most likely.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I am totally down, hopefully they don't bork this up like it sounds the Arcade Collection is.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet, Kid Dracula AND Bloodlines, though I'm playing that via Genesis Mini.

Bummer that there's no Adventure Rebirth, but maybe in the next collection. lol at the fact they hid simon's quest, like of course they'd include all 3 nes games.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Never really played much Castlevania, but never felt a huge desire to play any of these older ones. Though I want to play Super IV and Bloodlines, and Kid Dracula for the weirdness.

Buying this because I want the GBA/DS era stuff. Also Rebirth when?

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
We better get the ability to apply Color filters to the GB games, granted that was tied to the Super GB but ... I want it still.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Kid Dracula is a fucking left field choice. I'm definitely going to get this on Switch.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Nice line up.
pls giv Sonia in next collection ToT
1997_gb_eu.png

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GB Kid Dracula is much better than the Famicom game. I'm pretty disappointed in three of the four new announcements. Adventure is one of the worst games in the entire series.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Rebirth games are dead. :( If Adventure Rebirth was ever going to feature again it would have been here surely?

I guess it was more effort to emulate/port or whatever a Wii game so they went meh here's to the easier route! They're just gonna be a 'hey remember that cool thing that they did on Wii' footnote of gaming history forever.

Really hope Vol. 2 of this has Rondo and SotN etc. I'm sure they just decided to give it a bit more of a space between the stupid PS4 double pack and re-re-releasing them again.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Kid Dracula is a wtf inclusion and I'm sad that Rondo and Adventure Rebirth didn't make the cut, but maybe that'll be saved for the second or third Castlevania collection. This will still definitely be worth my $20.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Oh hell yes, very much looking forward to Kid Dracula. Shame about no Rondo, but oh well.

Oct 27, 2017
Adventure is straight trash, should have been Rebirth. That better make it into one of the next collections.

Kid Dracula is a damn surprise though.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
The 50th anniversary website is still borked and refuses to let me check the contra and castlevania games' pages :V

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
This ^

Also, we're just ignoring the entire Metroidvania era of the series? Weird move, honestly. Nobody gives a shit about The Adventure, Simon's Quest or Belmont's Revenge.

People should care about that game since it's really damn good. I would assume the metroidvania era is gonna be difficult to post because

1) 3 of the games are on ds and will have to be reworked for a single screen experience

2) they're already selling sotn in another collection

I don't get the impression Konami is putting a lot of effort into these collections/ports