• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Taking the advantage of the revival.

Please check the thread I created Today about mods/Hacks:

www.resetera.com

Retro Gaming - Improving a classic - Your favorite Mods/Hacks/QoL Improvements

This year there's a lot of games I wanted to replay. One of the games I replayed was Mega Man X6 (Yes I like this game, the OST is sublime). But I didn't played the default game, a friend recommended me to play the tweaked version. It's a mod improving some of the original faults and even...

I created because I found out this weekend about some Castlevania SotN mods/Hacks. I know the gba games have romhack but it's the first time I found out about SotN as well. The mods are for some gameplay changes (mainly related to turn the game more difficult)

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
The evening sun just threw the most awesome shadow on my wall:

img_20201108_1629532zqkev.jpg

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.classification.gov.au

CASTLEVANIA ADVANCE COLLECTION

The Australian Classification website comprises information for general public and industry about the classification of films, games and publications.

G6vpBhB.png

Odd that it would only be the advance games (CotM, HoD and AoS) and not include the DS ones, though maybe they went with "advance collection" because it sounds catchier?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood on PSN. I remember playing SOTN when I was a kid and thinking it was the best game I'd ever played, and it probably still is my favorite game ever.

It got me thinking that Bloodborne is the closest thing we got to a 3D Castlevania in the last generation, and how sad it makes me that Castlevania never got the attention it needed on the AAA front. I did play the Lords of Shadow games, which I thought were pretty good, but I would have killed to see another Castlevania after that on newer consoles.

I should probably buy Bloodstained.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
www.classification.gov.au

CASTLEVANIA ADVANCE COLLECTION

The Australian Classification website comprises information for general public and industry about the classification of films, games and publications.

G6vpBhB.png

Odd that it would only be the advance games (CotM, HoD and AoS) and not include the DS ones, though maybe they went with "advance collection" because it sounds catchier?

Only do the GBA games and if this does well they can do further collections and make more money.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I can only hope that's real and not a false positive, those games deserve a lot more attention these days.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
I can only hope that's real and not a false positive, those games deserve a lot more attention these days.
Retail listings I usually just dismiss outright, but gov classification databases seem a little more legit. I hope it's accurate as well - and I hope they add tweaks and QOL improvements to the game also.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
They wouldn't put all six of the GBA/DS games in one go. They can make more money with two separate collections and prolong the conversation surrounding Castlevania.

I'm ok with this. Give me those sweet GBA Castlevania games.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
The DS games will require additional reworking to account for the necessary UI changes. GBA can probably be done a lot easier/cheaper. Splitting them makes sense.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So I've gotten myself into a spooky kick since Halloween is coming up, and after playing Circle of the Moon the last few days via the new collection, I decided to give Legacy of Darkness for N64 a try this evening.

I'm honestly kind of surprised at how much I'm digging it? Part of it may just be the novelty of playing a new-to-me 3D game of that era for the first time in a very long time, but even so, I really like its atmosphere and presentation, especially in cutscenes and boss fights. I'm also liking the focus on exploration and platforming, even if the movement is a bit less precise than I'd like. The combat is nothing to write home about so far, but it at least doesn't feel offensively bad or something.

Admittedly, I only played to the start of the forest area, but still, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I'm probably gonna put it down until I at least finish Circle, but it's definitely gonna be something I play more of before Halloween. It's got the right kind of tone for what I'm itching to play, I think.

Last edited: