• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I tried to play this yesterday on psnow, but it seems rather dull if you're planning on playing it solo.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Oh shit!!!!!! Played the hell out of this on 360. To bad my saves are all gone

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish these BC drops would come with a sale. Doesn't have to be much.

Edit: Looks like I already own this!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed this game back in the day and I'm not even a huge fan of the franchise. Curious to try it again.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah do not play this solo; the stages are too massive and not meant for one player to go through, and the bosses will take forever

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Nope, which is exactly what my grudge is.
IIRC, Konami was weird about patching their games because it cost more to do so on Xbox 360 than on PS3, which is why games like Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Silent Hill HD Collection, and Zone of the Enders HD Collection were only patched on PS3. It's very bizarre to see it now looking back.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This game was so good and I miss having it now that I sold my 360 and my PS3 is in storage. The soundtrack. The goddamn soundtrack.

I hope there's a current-gen port of it someday, but I suppose making it backwards compatible kind of supercedes the need for that.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks all. Will see if I can convince a friend to jump in. I love the idea in theory.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
The game was fun at launch before everyone had these overpowered weapons.
Had some incredible games with people on voice chat trying to learn and survive all the platforming.

But they're so fun! Even makes the hardest difficulty quite easy lol. On the other hand you don't really get them into really late into the game, and have to look up where to farm them.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
The game is all about the multiplayer. If you have any interest in it now is the time while there will be people playing again.

Does the BC match xb1 players with 360 players?

May 21, 2018
This is a massive bombshell for me, personally.

I'll be hosting lobbies for the rest of the week. Anyone who needs help grinding for items shall be in for a treat :)

The game is all about the multiplayer. If you have any interest in it now is the time while there will be people playing again.

Does the BC match xb1 players with 360 players?

Of course. All BC does is open up the existing 360 matchmaking servers for use on the X1. It's cross play by default.

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea that the 360 version lacked local coop. That's a hard no thanks from me then.

But more BC games is great:)

Mzo

Nov 30, 2017
One of the few Castlevania games I never played. Worth it?
It's super weird.

You can see the evolution through the games that led to this. Ecclesia had smaller maps with treasure chests that dropped RNG loot. This game is all small maps with RNG chests and a boss with RNG drops. It's more like monhun than Castlevania at that point. Not a one and done, but grinding the few areas over and over.

I actually really like it but it's tough to recommend.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It's super weird.

You can see the evolution through the games that led to this. Ecclesia had smaller maps with treasure chests that dropped RNG loot. This game is all small maps with RNG chests and a boss with RNG drops. It's more like monhun than Castlevania at that point. Not a one and done, but grinding the few areas over and over.

I actually really like it but it's tough to recommend.

This sounds fantastic to me!

Oct 25, 2017
I know what I'm spending my weekend doing! I agree with others here that it's best experienced in co-op, but I had a ton of fun with it zoning out and grinding solo while listening to podcasts

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
Coop was PS3 exclusive. Also keep in mind that it was not split screen, so if you didn't stay right together the map would zoom way the hell out and it was difficult to make out exactly what was going on.