• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'll download when local co-op is added, but after getting used to playing the PS3 version with the wife, I don't think I can go back to the version lacking local co-op as that became my favorite part of the game. Very cool to see it on BC though.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Sooooo, looks like I didn't save my stuff to the cloud which is good and bad.
Bad: I had DUMB hours in this.
Good: I can start fresh and enjoy it all again.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Yessss!! This is one of my fav Castlevania games! It was so dam fun, especially with friends. I recommend it to anyone who likes loot and Castlevania. :)

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
It's nice playing this again, as it performs better than the PlayStation 3 version. I forgot what a chore it can be to level up Charlotte, but I'm looking forward to playing more of this.

Oct 25, 2017
If your Xbox One doesn't automatically pull your 360 save data from the cloud, here's how to force a sync.

(Shamelessly stolen from reddit)

To use your save file from the cloud server-

How to sync you cloud save data from Xbox 360:

1. Launch the game
  2. At title screen, press Back + Menu (aka Start + Select) to open the Xbox 360 menu
  3. Select Manage Storage (this will end your session, choose YES)
  4. Choose Saved Games
  5. Hover over Castlevania HD and press X
  6. Done!

If it then says the cloud data and the console data don't match, choose the option that says something to the effect of "Last played on another console."

This worked for me. I was so looking forward to playing this again, but was so distressed when my countless hours from the 360 weren't coming over. Hope this saves someone else the momentary heartache.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But it was released?

The game is available on XBox One (through BC) and PS4 (through PS Now).

I didn't know about PS4, though I'm not registered to PS Now. In any case if I really want to play I can always dig up the old PS3 in a box somewhere in the closet.... Just that it would be more convenient to have an actual PS4 app. :P

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I didn't know about PS4, though I'm not registered to PS Now. In any case if I really want to play I can always dig up the old PS3 in a box somewhere in the closet.... Just that it would be more convenient to have an actual PS4 app. :P
Yeah, the game is available on PS Now (EU and US). You can even use your old PS3 save file, if you uploaded it to the cloud through Plus.
The only downside is that PS3 PS Now games are not compatible with DLC (that I know of), which sucks for this game.