• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Love the trailer but a bit dissapointed its not following a new generation or something. The second season had a very definitive "This is the end for these characters" kind of feel.

I still think about THAT fight in season 2. I watch it every now and then cause I love the Bloody Tears arrangement and it was a pretty damn cool battle.

I wish Netflix would share that rendition of bloody tears. its so good and I'm so mad I don't have a good way of listening to it besides just rewatching that scene.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So is this season based off Curse of Darkness, or is it doing its own thing?

Hector and Isaac are in it, so presumably it will include bits of CoD but also be its own thing, similar to how season 1 and 2 were basically "CV3: With More Stuff".

I thought Season 2 (or really the second half of season 1) was a fitting finale?

Where do they go from here?

Hector getting free from Carmilla, Isaac's revenge against the world, and eventually Dracula's resurrection when the next Belmonts come around. Eventually Richter and SotN.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Hector getting free from Carmilla, Isaac's revenge against the world, and eventually Dracula's resurrection when the next Belmonts come around. Eventually Richter and SotN.

Haven't played a single CV game, so no idea about the wider lore.

If these characters you mention are in Season 1&2, then I think that proves I need to go back and re-watch (which incidentally is great, since I've been looking for something to watch).

BRB, gonna go indulge myself.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Have the creators talked about potentially doing other timelines at all?

Like alternate timelines? No. Adapting other Belmonts or other Castlevania games? There have been hints but they're being cagey about it on purpose thus far.

Haven't played a single CV game, so no idea about the wider lore.

If these characters you mention are in Season 1&2, then I think that proves I need to go back and re-watch (which incidentally is great, since I've been looking for something to watch).

BRB, gonna go indulge myself.

Yeah, Hector is the silver-haired Devil Forgemaster and Isaac was the guy who really likes torturing himself. You should remember them, they're both pretty heavily featured in season 2 and Isaac was the stinger scene at the end of the finale.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah, Hector is the silver-haired Devil Forgemaster and Isaac was the guy who really likes torturing himself. You should remember them, they're both pretty heavily featured in season 2 and Isaac was the stinger scene at the end of the finale.

I can't remember anything about the first two seasons, but mostly because I watched Sirius the Jaegar straight afterwards and now my brain seems to have muddled them both up together. lol

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
The monk(s) look cool. Coming in hard with the flip!

Was General Chō ever specifically stated to be Japanese, despite her name? The monks appear to be Shaolin-like, which isn't really in the same neck of the woods. Then again, the monk seems to be fighting against a Samurai-like vampire who appears to be wearing a Kabuki mask.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
That trailer looks so fucking good, omg.

Never played the games, but fell in love with this series since Season 1 and it hasn't disappointed since!

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like the last two seasons, I hope the cast gets to be more proactive this time. Hanging around in the Belmont library for episodes on end sucked all the momentum out of the story on the hero side, no matter how good the banter was.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That trailer looks so fucking good, omg.

Never played the games, but fell in love with this series since Season 1 and it hasn't disappointed since!

If you've never played any Castlevania games and have a PS4 you should grab the Dracula X Collection (Castlevania Requiem or something?) on PSN. Two of the best games in the series bundled together.

Symphony of the Night is one of my favorite games of all time. Like by a pretty wide margin.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
If you've never played any Castlevania games and have a PS4 you should grab the Dracula X Collection (Castlevania Requiem or something?) on PSN. Two of the best games in the series bundled together.

Symphony of the Night is one of my favorite games of all time. Like by a pretty wide margin.

giphy.gif

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I hope Ellis is getting a nice, big Netflix check for writing, since "nobody wants to draw his old man comics" anymore. :(

Oct 29, 2017
I have been super happy with how this series has turned out. It can have gone terribly in so many ways, but the fact that it's been so entertaining and that I've been following the development speaks of a lot to me about how well this has turned out.

Hoping that this will also rejuvenatre interest in doing other animated series on classic video game franchises. Mega Man Legends... A man can dream.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Was kinda disappointed that season 3 was still gonna be following Trevor and crew at first, but that trailer really looks fantastic. I'm all in

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Only one thing about changing casts for a new Belmont is that could end up making a bunch of people drop the show. Since people have grown to love these characters so to suddenly potentially have none of them in it could make it cold to people.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Where do they go from here?

Chronogically Curse of Darkness is next after Castlevania III, however it seems they're taking some liberties as Alucard and Sypha didn't show up on it and Trevor was a side character. Grant never really showed up on the first two seasons, so yeah.

Would they really skip Christopher, Simon(specially him) and Juste and go straight for Richter? What about Leon which was already mentioned on previous seasons?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Would they really skip Christopher, Simon(specially him) and Juste and go straight for Richter? What about Leon which was already mentioned on previous seasons?

Leon would be a prequel story, there's no real reason to dwell on him.

I'm gonna be honest, I really don't see a point in adapting every Belmont. They aren't distinct enough to be worth it, and it would just increase the chances of the show getting cancelled before SotN.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Loving the better use of the Beastiary in some of those shots. The monsters are my favorite part of the series, so I was bummed when S1 and LoS just used generic baddies.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Leon would be a prequel story, there's no real reason to dwell on him.

I'm gonna be honest, I really don't see a point in adapting every Belmont. They aren't distinct enough to be worth it, and it would just increase the chances of the show getting cancelled before SotN.

Trevor didn't really have much of a distinct anything until Curse of Darkness and even there he wasn't the main guy, they can make them different if they want. I doubt they'll skip Simon.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Chronogically Curse of Darkness is next after Castlevania III, however it seems they're taking some liberties as Alucard and Sypha didn't show up on it and Trevor was a side character. Grant never really showed up on the first two seasons, so yeah.

I could see them doing something interesting with Christopher, as it's around that time the Bartley family plays a role in the mythos of the series. It's around this time that Carmilla becomes a servant for Dracula instead of being a sort of rogue vampire, too.

I actually think they're not going to jump to different times and instead focus on a story that tends to blend Dracula's Curse, Curse of Darkness, and their original stuff together. Netflix is known to shoot series in the kneecaps, so we shouldn't begin fantasizing a full timeline of animated scenarios.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
For St. Germaine that old dude looks not ... "time travellery" enough, imo. ^^

Maybe he's Rinaldo Gandolfi?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I love how the trailer gives us so much of what we all want to see more of.

And by that I obviously mean Sypha kicking major ass. :)

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Looks good, but somehow it looks a bit cheap in some places, cause of CGI? I don't know what to expect this season, cause i really liked

Dracula, and now that he is gone

not sure what to be excited about.

Carmilla should make for an interesting villain, but if this season adapts Curse of Darkness as it seems we should also see Isaac in a much more prominent role, as well as Zead. I'm fine with Dracula being given a rest; having him every season as the bad guy would villain decay him in a flash.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
There is zero reason for this show to be good.

But it is. It's fucking amazing. And I can't wait for more.
Haha, yes, my sentiments exactly. I went in blind on a random whim expecting it to be total trash, but thinking maybe I'll get to see a cool action scene or something. As I kept getting further and further into the show, I was suddenly like, "wait, is this actually good?? WTF"

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Not Season 3 related, but the recently released Action Figures are surprisingly good for the price.
It's not like there is much Castlevania Merchandise anyway besides 500+€ Statues.

6906990-4717475156-69068.gif

2zaCbsq.jpg

[going over the top intensifies]

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah after Trevor's story is done and they want to move on, it would just be better for them to just combine Simon and Richter's backstory for whenever Dracula gets resurrected.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah after Trevor's story is done and they want to move on, it would just be better for them to just combine Simon and Richter's backstory for whenever Dracula gets resurrected.

I think the big thing is that if they do decide to adapt more Belmonts, they can't really just jump to them. They need to make the transition feel earned or it might turn off people.