• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
MOD EDIT:
This is a thread about Castlevania Requiem being announced for the PS4 on 10/26, and not for port-begging.

https://www.konami.com/games/castlevania/eu/en/page/history_2018_x_son_rob#menu-top
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...sics-exclusively-to-playstation-4-next-month/

PS Blog said:
Both games are the originals emulated for the PlayStation 4, with several updates that take advantage of the new hardware. This includes 4K/1080p upscaling, multiple high resolution backgrounds, different rendering options such as smoothing and full Trophy support. Word of warning though, that Platinum will be tough to get. Elsewhere, Requiem will make use of the DualShock 4's vibration, analogue stick and speaker, with the latter meaning you'll hear a cool little chime when you pick up an item.

$20 price

Considering Richter is in Smash, the platform choice seems a little baffling, but here it is.

Last edited:

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
strange that is only on PS4, all while been looking to play these games lately so i might pick it up

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
dracula_face_palm_by_bigboss111-d4cgffw.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it comes to PC as well, but whatever, day 1.

Do we have a price?

I hope the port is good, Rondo of Blood deserves it.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Nice, wonder what resolution its in though.

I'd be amazed if the exclusivity was for very long.

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
Why is this Playstation Exclusive? Sony hardly made a deal for something like Castlevania would they?

I cannot logically think they would have done this on their own accord?

Oct 27, 2017
So it is just the originals repackaged, huh. I love Castlevania, but I prefer playing these on Vita...and I already have them on Vita. Seems kind of a pointless release (only made reasonable by the PS4's lack of backwards compatibility), but I guess some PS4 only people might not have played them.

Kaveri

Oct 28, 2017
Neat, it is going to be my Halloween game. I'm way too easily scared to play proper horror games.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Not capitalizing on Richter in Smash, huh? I'll still probably get it, eventually.

Edit: If it has a physical version.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
lol

My hunch is that in 2019 it'll come in some form on other platforms as well. Not worried honestly

In the meantime I'll be replaying Rondo on PS4, so it ain't that bad.

Sp1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Not even the whole Dracula Chronicles X package... oh well, I might still get it, because these two aren't that great on a PSP screen anyway.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
It is really weird to bring Richter's game exclusively to PS4 given Smash. Kind of a missed opportunity to ride that Smash wave.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
People were hoping for a collection with 1-4 along with these games, so this is a pretty weird product.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
For what it's worth every time I have heard this game mentioned, it was not as an exclusive.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...sics-exclusively-to-playstation-4-next-month/

PlayStation.Blog EU said:
Both games are the originals emulated for the PlayStation 4, with several updates that take advantage of the new hardware. This includes 4K/1080p upscaling, multiple high resolution backgrounds, different rendering options such as smoothing and full Trophy support. Word of warning though, that Platinum will be tough to get. Elsewhere, Requiem will make use of the DualShock 4's vibration, analogue stick and speaker, with the latter meaning you'll hear a cool little chime when you pick up an item.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Why use the Dracula X Chronicles art for Rondo if they're using the original version as the selling point? Anime Richter looks much better.

Mar 17, 2018
Not really sure how I feel about these games without a CRT Filter that is a quality filter. They always put those jack shit filters in and it looks like trash, but something like CRT Easy Mode makes these games look so good. I really don't like a lot of pixel art without a good filter.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Why is this Playstation Exclusive? Sony hardly made a deal for something like Castlevania would they?

I cannot logically think they would have done this on their own accord?

Maybe Sony was trying to get symphony for the PlayStation classic and konami said give us a little more money and we'll port it to PS4 as well.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank goodness it's the PC Engine version of Rondo. I wonder what the price will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.